GDT Penguins @ Habs Thursday March 15 7:30pm

habscout

0 help from anyone else on The Tank. Buffalo, Detroit, and Arizona all lose. Chicago too, although I don't mind them finishing low since we have their 2nd.

The worst part about tanking isn't that you're cheering for your team to lose, it's that you're cheering for other bad teams to win. Disappointment is abundant.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Metallica said:

He would of never played like this for us because we don't have any play making centers to play with him. I look at Pacioretty and see a kessle type of player. In Toronto they had no center and he was a hot and cold type of player same can be said about Pacioretty. If we get a good center Pacioretty will be doing the same as kessle now.

His first season in Pittsburgh he couldn't find chemistry with Crosby or Malkin but did with Nick Bonino.

Also Kessel is a far better player than Pacioretty and doesn't have cold streaks in the spring.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Remember when he was being shopped around and quite a few of us went on about how we didn't want that "fat bum" on our team? :wacko:

I was not one of them. I wanted him. But we would be mad because he wouldn't be scoring. 

5 hours ago, Trizzak said:

0 help from anyone else on The Tank. Buffalo, Detroit, and Arizona all lose. Chicago too, although I don't mind them finishing low since we have their 2nd.

The worst part about tanking isn't that you're cheering for your team to lose, it's that you're cheering for other bad teams to win. Disappointment is abundant.

I think my 5yr old is confused beyond repair because of this. 

6 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Kessel is a far better player than Pacioretty and doesn't have cold streaks in the spring.

He doesn't?

Why didn't he step up with the 12 wheeler drove off the cliff?  Why did he go in a cold streak as the leafs choked away their playoff chances with a long losing streak that year. 

Or does going cold in the spring not include falling apart in the last 15 games of the regular season to miss the playoffs?

We'll just ignore any data that might contradict the arguments about being clutch.

11 hours ago, Commandant said:

I never said that.  I was adamant that we should get him, cause we couldn't score enough goals. 

I'm pretty sure I never said that either. I opt out of this tiresome NHL mentality where anyone who doesn't act like a fitness-fanatic, workaholic, personality-free cyborg is condemned as having "bad character" even if they're outstanding talents who consistently produce. As I've said before, players like Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, and Guy Lafleur would be systematically punished by this culture, which is a relatively recent development in league history. All I care about is what a guy does every night on ice. I would have wanted Kessel. But I definitely recall a substantial segment of opinion on this board and elsewhere saying that we shouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole. It's a nice cautionary tale for those of us who are too quick to swallow these flatulent media/league narratives. 

16 hours ago, revvvrob said:

I know the tradition is that when the Habs win, whoever did the game day thread for that game does the next game until the streak is broken. 

I thinknin the spirit of Team Tank, whoever does the GDT for a loss should continue to do so until the next dreaded victory. 

Just my 2 cents. 

I second the motion. Do we have a third?

• Upvote 2

On 3/15/2018 at 7:49 PM, habscout said:

I am surprised nobody started the game thread, and the first period is a few minutes underway.  So here it is.  

Habs are off to a good start, and up 1-0 !  

On 3/15/2018 at 10:30 PM, revvvrob said:

I know the tradition is that when the Habs win, whoever did the game day thread for that game does the next game until the streak is broken. 

I thinknin the spirit of Team Tank, whoever does the GDT for a loss should continue to do so until the next dreaded victory. 

Just my 2 cents. 

Paging habscout. We have a new tradition for this season (if you read this before 7.)