Mar. 17, Habs vs Leafs, 7 PM

dlbalr

43 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The Leafs bias has been unusually egregious tonight. To be fair, with the Habs a basket case, only the Leafs are the really relevant team, and that's going to shape the "storylines" informing the broadcast. Nevertheless, fawning over Johnsson is just too much of a classic "Rah Rah Toronto!!" storyline to take. Typical Toronto, where everything that looks shiny for five seconds is hailed as the second coming of Wayne Gretzky.

I know I'm supposed to be cheering for the tank, but really...it's embarassing to be a fan of this POS team. They are a joke.

I hear ya. Just 21 more days of pain.

25 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

I see the reason Hudon was skipped on many call ups. He's a frustrating player sometimes 

I really believe he is a classic 'tweener' between the top and bottom 6..zippy enough to make you think he could be a second-liner, but just not talented enough to do it reliably, especially not on a good team. 

15 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I really believe he is a classic 'tweener' between the top and bottom 6..zippy enough to make you think he could be a second-liner, but just not talented enough to do it reliably, especially not on a good team. 

I don't see him a top 6 unless he is the only option for the team. He is a bottom 6 player at best.

6 minutes ago, Metallica said:

I don't see him a top 6 unless he is the only option for the team. He is a bottom 6 player at best.

Yet another case where you go, 'if he only weren't so small.' He clearly has the tools to be an excellent third-liner or 'energy' guy, but at that size he may find his NHL career evaporating much more quickly than seems fair, IF the Habs can ever metamorphosize into a quality team.

8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yet another case where you go, 'if he only weren't so small.' He clearly has the tools to be an excellent third-liner or 'energy' guy, but at that size he may find his NHL career evaporating much more quickly than seems fair, IF the Habs can ever metamorphosize into a quality team.

If they can some how put Hudon inside McCarron 's body we would have one hell of a top center.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

47 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Ideally, Hudon, Lehkonen, and Danault are all on the 3rd line next season. 

Habs have been so bad on the road that they own the NHL's worst offence (2.17 goals per game) & defence (3.56 GA/game) away from home- enough to lead them to 1st on this list https://t.co/fYXPHccztl

How many shit records is this team going to smash under Bergevin.

Julien has done dick all since he arrived too. He should not be getting a free pass. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Habs have been so bad on the road that they own the NHL's worst offence (2.17 goals per game) & defence (3.56 GA/game) away from home- enough to lead them to 1st on this list https://t.co/fYXPHccztl

Julien has done dick all since he arrived too. He should not be getting a free pass. 

He gets a pass because it's doubtful that Scotty Bowman himself could do much with the complete crapola he's been given, especially on the blueline. 

I can't wait for the year-end presser when MB blames the fact that we have the second-most man-games lost to injury for all the problems, as though the Cup would have been ours if not for some bad luck. (If he blames 'character' again, my wife will have to restrain me from smashing the TV with a brick). One thing's for sure, he won't blame himself, the miserable twat.

10 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I think Hudon can really play and has had a solid first season. Put him with a team that can score and hes going to get more points.  Hes a really smart offensive player.

I like our wingers a lot right now.  Especially the young ones.

The biggest issue is that the NHL is a game where centres and D are more influential than wingers and we really need help there.

Which is another reason i deal both pacioretty and byron this summer.

Galchenyuk ---- drouin

Lehkonen. ----- gallagher

Hudon ----- scherbak

We have the wings to run three lines.

Now at c we have danault and need two more.

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I think Hudon can really play and has had a solid first season. Put him with a team that can score and hes going to get more points.  Hes a really smart offensive player.

I like our wingers a lot right now.  Especially the young ones.

The biggest issue is that the NHL is a game where centres and D are more influential than wingers and we really need help there.

Which is another reason i deal both pacioretty and byron this summer.

Galchenyuk ---- drouin

Lehkonen. ----- gallagher

Hudon ----- scherbak

We have the wings to run three lines.

Now at c we have danault and need two more.

Thanks, Commandant. Time will tell with Hudon, and I hope he does work out. 

Your wider analysis is spot on, of course. Look at what the Habs have done to Drouin, throwing him to the wolves because they have zero C. Thank God the kid seems resilient enough to survive it. We HAVE to fix this. Even if we sign Tavares we probably still should trade Max and get an impact #2 C. 

The other issue is the draft might bring us another winger if it doesnt deliver dahlim

2-3 on my list are wingers in svech and zadina.

The 4-8 spots include 3 d (boqvist dobson and hughes) and 2 wingers (tkachuk wahlstrom)

Its in that 4th tier we start to see centres.  A couple d in bouchard and ty smith.  Centres like veleno, kotaniemi, hayden, kupari, lundestrom.  Wingers like farabee.

To me it looks like the draft could bring another young winger which isnt ideal but im a big proponent of always BPA ... especially drafting this high.

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

meh, still only 25th place, need to do worse!

Hopefully record for the worst finish to a season, 12 losses in a row would obviously help the cause.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Thanks, Commandant. Time will tell with Hudon, and I hope he does work out. 

Your wider analysis is spot on, of course. Look at what the Habs have done to Drouin, throwing him to the wolves because they have zero C. Thank God the kid seems resilient enough to survive it. We HAVE to fix this. Even if we sign Tavares we probably still should trade Max and get an impact #2 C. 

I am new at this chat stuff but am enjoying the Hab wisdom found here over the past week. Hopefully I learn the protocol and do my homework  to avoid the correcting retorts. 

Having given that disclaimer to cover my ass, I have read a couple of references to something like, "if he was on a team that can score".  Isn't that the point, the HABS need to be THAT team that can score.  I agree with all the content and analysis, but if a guy will excel on another team that scores, it won't help Les Gorieux(?) get better.  I don't expect an answer to that except how can we get Molson to dump MB and Juju (BTW, great handle, Don). I am tired of avoiding the frothing Leaf fans after these embarrassments. Anyhow thanks for listening. Go Sens+Sabres Go.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

He gets a pass because it's doubtful that Scotty Bowman himself could do much with the complete crapola he's been given, especially on the blueline. 

I can't wait for the year-end presser when MB blames the fact that we have the second-most man-games lost to injury for all the problems, as though the Cup would have been ours if not for some bad luck. (If he blames 'character' again, my wife will have to restrain me from smashing the TV with a brick). One thing's for sure, he won't blame himself, the miserable twat.

75 of those lost man games are Ales Hemsky, so they should be disqualified.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Pepsi said:

I am new at this chat stuff but am enjoying the Hab wisdom found here over the past week. Hopefully I learn the protocol and do my homework  to avoid the correcting retorts. 

Having given that disclaimer to cover my ass, I have read a couple of references to something like, "if he was on a team that can score".  Isn't that the point, the HABS need to be THAT team that can score.  I agree with all the content and analysis, but if a guy will excel on another team that scores, it won't help Les Gorieux(?) get better.  I don't expect an answer to that except how can we get Molson to dump MB and Juju (BTW, great handle, Don). I am tired of avoiding the frothing Leaf fans after these embarrassments. Anyhow thanks for listening. Go Sens+Sabres Go.

It kinda went without saying that i was saying if the habs can acquire the centres and puck moving defencemen they need.

On 3/17/2018 at 6:30 PM, dlbalr said:

It's the matchup that CBC was surely hoping for when this game was originally scheduled - Curtis McElhinney vs Charlie Lindgren.  No Carey Price.  No Frederik Andersen.  No Auston Matthews.  No Max Pacioretty or Shea Weber.  No Leo Komarov or Nikita Zaitsev.  What a captivating matchup this will be...and if you don't think so, the word matchup will be drilled into our heads all night from Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson as without so many star players, you can be assured that matchups will be the forced narrative as Claude Julien and Mike Babcock try to outmatch the line matching.

Puck drop is around 7:15 and if it's the usual anthem singer in Toronto for this one, you'll want to keep it on mute until then.

Youre up with another tank thread.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Youre up with another tank thread.

That's not happening.  During the week now, I barely have time to check the boards (it'll be that way for about another six weeks).  Disappointing that someone else didn't start one though - it's not like it takes very long.