Report: Joel Bouchard Hired by the Habs after QMJHL season Ends

Commandant

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

I've heard stronger wording in an Eklund rumour, but I'll still keep my hopes up. Maybe Justin Molson finally woke up and was like, "Uh George I'm hiring a successful Q guy to see if you're not breaking all your toys."

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I've heard stronger wording in an Eklund rumour, but I'll still keep my hopes up. Maybe Justin Molson finally woke up and was like, "Uh George I'm hiring a successful Q guy to see if you're not breaking all your toys."

Just the news that they are looking at him is a good development.

If they dont get bouchard, they could move to other targets like Ducharme.

Heck Bouchard taking Carriere's role and Ducharme taking slys might be ideal.

• Upvote 1

Honestly looking at the team Bouchard had, how did he even manage a great record like that? Doesn’t seem to have any huge talents which suggests some top notch coaching for sure.

4 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Honestly looking at the team Bouchard had, how did he even manage a great record like that? Doesn’t seem to have any huge talents which suggests some top notch coaching for sure.

He doesnt have drafted players but he has excellent 19 year olds ans 20 year olds.

Gm bouchard built a stronger roster than it appears if you are just looking at nhl prospects.

Coach bouchard also did a good job with that club.

Its both.

27 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He doesnt have drafted players but he has excellent 19 year olds ans 20 year olds.

Gm bouchard built a stronger roster than it appears if you are just looking at nhl prospects.

Coach bouchard also did a good job with that club.

Its both.

Sounds like a good hockey guy !

11 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

And it only took six years of failure for them to consider moving on Lefebvre! The 35-year- rebuild is going like clockwork.

I wouldn't necessarily think this is to replace Lefebvre.  For starters, I could see Lefebvre replacing Daigneault if they decide to 'shake up' the NHL staff.  If this is true, it's also no guarantee that Bouchard is coming to coach - he could be named GM as well given his background.  I've wanted Bouchard as a coach for a couple of years now so hopefully, this winds up happening with Lefebvre heading out the door.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I wouldn't necessarily think this is to replace Lefebvre.  For starters, I could see Lefebvre replacing Daigneault if they decide to 'shake up' the NHL staff.  If this is true, it's also no guarantee that Bouchard is coming to coach - he could be named GM as well given his background.  I've wanted Bouchard as a coach for a couple of years now so hopefully, this winds up happening with Lefebvre heading out the door.

No one would cry tears over Daignault either, but Lefebvre's track record of failure is a whole other level. 

Whatever happens, it's good that the Habs are pulling in quality bilingual talent. 

• Like 1