Montreal vs Buffalo Game #75 4:00 PST

DON

Worst road team in NHL vs 31st ranked powerhouse.

1st round bust Great Nate is healthy scratch...so Alzner will have the worst shot of all in this game.

Can the lowest scoring team put enough rubber past Price to win, seems unlikely and guess it will be  a 1-0 shootout win for Habs.:clap:

So, wondering if anyone has a similar mind frame to me.  Since official elimination I am tanknation, IF it’s a close loss. I will forever hate a 2+ loss differential. What I mean is I’m never happy with a 4-2 loss or higher I’m not happy. A close loss I cheer for (sacreligious). 

But! I’ll always be very happy with a 3-0 Habs shutout. Literally habs could go 3-0 all year from now on and I’d be happy. 

Basically I’m thinking 90% long term and 10% short term.

Pretty interested to hear your guys thoughts on being pro-tank or anti-tank 

11 hours ago, Meller93 said:

So, wondering if anyone has a similar mind frame to me.  Since official elimination I am tanknation, IF it’s a close loss. I will forever hate a 2+ loss differential. What I mean is I’m never happy with a 4-2 loss or higher I’m not happy. A close loss I cheer for (sacreligious). 

But! I’ll always be very happy with a 3-0 Habs shutout. Literally habs could go 3-0 all year from now on and I’d be happy. 

Difference is possibly picking #1(32nd,63rd etc) or say, if win all last 8 games drop to #10(42nd, 73rd etc). 

But, in 3-0 win Niemi deserved shut out and three players who have worked hard all year score, simply had to cheer for that win don't you.

Can argue is better if several young guys like Juulsen, Scherbak get experience on a winning team than team will gain in draft position...but on a playoff bound team they would not be getting the icetime and not be put in tough situations (a la delaRose facing off vs a Crosby)

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Seven replies to a GDT...the Habsworld equivalent of all those empty seats at the Bell Centre.

I opened this site during the game to see what was going on and there were more replies in every other active thread. Sad times indeed. 

13 hours ago, Meller93 said:

Fair point. While it feels traitorous to be cheering against them, I have already done so it a post and will have to stand by my decision for this year.  However, having realized that the odds for the lowest team in the current draft scenario is only roughly 18% (please correct me here), the benefit of tanking is much reduced.  On flip side, the game has become a business and players don't care what we say or how we cheer, so I see it as light hearted fun to allow me to vent pent up frustrations over MB and Juju (still live that handle as he looks like a ju-jube).  Go Habs go , next year.

2 hours ago, Pepsi said:

Fair point. While it feels traitorous to be cheering against them, I have already done so it a post and will have to stand by my decision for this year.  However, having realized that the odds for the lowest team in the current draft scenario is only roughly 18% (please correct me here), the benefit of tanking is much reduced.  On flip side, the game has become a business and players don't care what we say or how we cheer, so I see it as light hearted fun to allow me to vent pent up frustrations over MB and Juju (still live that handle as he looks like a ju-jube).  Go Habs go , next year.

It has always been a business. It's pro hockey. Players used to make less so the owners would make more. Honestly with social media players seem to care more than ever about what the fans think, especially when they retire. Seeing Patrick O'Sullivan debate with people on Twitter it's clear they are pretty sensitive. Maybe they always were and we never heard. That's why Derek Jeter's Players Tribune is mostly hockey posts.

You know how posters here tend to get all riled up when someone insults them or even downvotes them? Why would pro hockey players feel any differently, either about booing (which we know they hate, and always have, when it's from the home crowd) or when they're getting slagged publicly, including online? We like to think celebrities have a thick skin, but I doubt they really do.

14 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

You know how posters here tend to get all riled up when someone insults them or even downvotes them? Why would pro hockey players feel any differently, either about booing (which we know they hate, and always have, when it's from the home crowd) or when they're getting slagged publicly, including online? We like to think celebrities have a thick skin, but I doubt they really do.

They are still people and it depends on the player.

5 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

They are still people and it depends on the player.

Agreed, these are people; it’s akin to the online troll situation. We disassociate  so easily when we’re behind a screen. So easy to forget the words still mean the same on the other side.

we’re lucky that we have a good crowd on this board. We might get a little rowdy but we generally keep it from crossing the line, even when talking about players/hockey staff. (Sour as hell but not abjectly horrible).

Probabaly the most respectful board I’ve ever been a part of. 

• Like 1