Caps at Habs Game #76 4:00

DON

See the source image

Not expecting a win today, but hope the young guys can play well and bury a puck or two.:1gohabs:

Just six more shows after this one: Wings & Penguins this month and Devils, Jets, Wings and to cap off season, Sat. April 7 vs Leafs. 

pre-game facts by Reusch

http://intentionaloffside.com/?p=46397

Price 6-12-4 vs Caps.

Habs have lost 20 of their last 27games.

Habs have given up the most PP goals against.

Since 09-10 Caps are 19-6-4 vs Habs (good chance will be 20-6-4 in a few hours)

Edited by DON
2nd thought

14 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

The Caps will get Evgeny Kuznetsov back in the lineup for this one. 

He would of look good as a habs...... Who did we pass him up for in the draft ??

10 minutes ago, Metallica said:

He would of look good as a habs...... Who did we pass him up for in the draft ??

We traded a 2nd round pick to pick 22nd and grab Tinordi and Kuznetsov went 26th to Caps. I have to say I hated the move to make Tinordi pick at the time, defensive d-man shouldn't be taken in 1st round.

Price has looked like absolute shit all season. It's getting old, and I don't care what his excuses are. He has been human garbage since game one. If that's what he's gonna play like, we might as well save 10 mil and play some run of the mill Niemi type.

Some entertaining displays of individual skill early in this period, though. Scherbak's moves were sick and Galy was razor-sharp. Even Price's two big glove saves were exciting, although I confess they also made me uneasy. When Carey Price is on, he doesn't need to make showy saves; he barely seems to move.

I've decided I don't like the coach's challenge. Not because it hurt us this time, but because it's just one more thing slowing down the game. Goals used to give teams a boost and create crazy momentum. Nowadays, between challenges, video reviews, and even TV time outs, momentum just dissolves. I'd rather have reffing mistakes and an exciting sport than lawyerly precision and delays.

Funny moment from early in the period: a Hab came in on a break and the crowd got excited. Then  everyone realized it was Logan Shaw, and you could hear the excitement evaporate :lol:

Bob Cole's voice sounds odd tonight - even odder than his usually half-stoned seeming self. I wonder if he's getting over a cold or something.

20 minutes ago, Commandant said:

In fairness he took a month off, and these games mean nothing... but he's gotta come back better next year. 

Yeah, and if he doesn't, any offseason moves become irrelevant.

I don't know what explains his lost season. He has not looked this terrible since 2010. His numbers look like Peter Budaj's FFS.

20 minutes ago, Commandant said:

price looks like shit.

15 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Price has looked like absolute shit all season. It's getting old, and I don't care what his excuses are. He has been human garbage since game one.

He looks like shit, and we're stuck with him for 8 years at 10.5 million per.  It's a terrifying prospect if he doesn't regain superstar form; it'd be the biggest albatross contract in the league, and he'd be absolutely untradeable.

The Habs were actually looking good for a bit there but the offside call really deflated them (and Price struggling doesn't help either).  Jerabek doesn't seem to be getting much ice time with Washington...just like his time with Montreal.

16 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

He looks like shit, and we're stuck with him for 8 years at 10.5 million per.  It's a terrifying prospect if he doesn't regain superstar form; it'd be the biggest albatross contract in the league, and he'd be absolutely untradeable.

Agree. We have no choice but to hope he recovers his game. I don't even expect him to be 2014 Price. But he has to be Henrik Lundqvist at least - a reliable, elite starter.

One thing I'll say is that I don't think Mr. Price would stick around as a middling-to-mediocre goalie. I think he expects elite performance from himself and would retire before becoming a medicority a la Jose Theodore. I could be totally wrong, but that's just my sense of what kind of guy he is.

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

...and 4-1. Why am I watching this?

I just threw in the towel...will flick around aimlessly until LivePD comes on at 9 I guess.

18 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I just threw in the towel...will flick around aimlessly until LivePD comes on at 9 I guess.

Life is too short to watch this crap. I've got a John LeCarre novel to return to, as well as Mary Gabriel's Love and Capital. See you tomorrow, boys.

14 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Life is too short to watch this crap. I've got a John LeCarre novel to return to, as well as Mary Gabriel's Love and Capital. See you tomorrow, boys.

LeCarre is one of my favorite authors...good choice.

6 hours ago, DON said:

Big battle for the 5th pick tomorrow, Wings 1pt behind Habs. Who wants the win the least.:popcorn:

Wonder how many players will play hot♨️♨️ potato??? with the puck.