Guentzel - Crosby - Rust

Hagelin - Malkin - Kessel

Sheary - Sheahan - Hornqvist

Kuhnhackl - Jooris - Aston-Reese

Oleksiak - Letang

Dumoulin - Schultz

Maatta - Ruhwedel

Murray

Because Lernout is still in with Schlemko up, that means he has been converted to a regular recall.  Valiev, McCarron, and Rychel (who will likely play tomorrow) are the others which means the Habs have burned their four post-deadline call-ups.  (Players can still be recalled in emergency situations though.)

15 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Because Lernout is still in with Schlemko up, that means he has been converted to a regular recall.  Valiev, McCarron, and Rychel (who will likely play tomorrow) are the others which means the Habs have burned their four post-deadline call-ups.  (Players can still be recalled in emergency situations though.)

Forgive the negativity, but is there even anyone else worth calling up?

4 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Forgive the negativity, but is there even anyone else worth calling up?

I was hoping they'd have rewarded one of Terry or Cracknell.  Terry's pushing for the league lead in scoring despite missing a bunch of time due to injury while Cracknell has been quite productive since being acquired (and he's a centre); I truly thought they would have given him a look at some point to see if he could play his way into the mix for next year.  In terms of actual prospects that could warrant a look - I'd say Eisenschmid or Gregoire would have been next on the list.

• Upvote 1

The Habs actually won a faceoff against Crosby - how about that?  Crosby was 16-0 at one point.  McCarron barely has six minutes of ice time - it's pretty bad when even in meaningless games, Julien doesn't trust him.  It kind of makes me wonder if Bergevin was the driving force behind him getting what looks to be another unnecessary recall earlier this month.

21 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

The Habs actually won a faceoff against Crosby - how about that?  Crosby was 16-0 at one point.  McCarron barely has six minutes of ice time - it's pretty bad when even in meaningless games, Julien doesn't trust him.  It kind of makes me wonder if Bergevin was the driving force behind him getting what looks to be another unnecessary recall earlier this month.

I think McCaron is the worst player on the team. Someone mentioned earlier this month that we don’t have bad players like we did at the end of the 20th century but we have McCaron. 

That third period sequence that saw the Habs cough up two power play goals was a microcosm of the season right there.  Lehkonen fans on a breakaway, Pittsburgh comes down and scores.  Pittsburgh gets a breakaway off the faceoff and the Habs take a penalty.  The Habs then get another shorthanded break and Byron gets stopped, Pittsburgh comes down and scores again.  Given the situation in the standings, it's hard to do anything but laugh at this point but still...

Habs officially 28th, one point back of Vancouver (but with a game in hand.) They can't finish any lower than 23rd, thanks to a NYR win tonight. Mathematically still a chance at placing 31st, but it's misplaced faith to expect bad teams to play like good teams, so...

More Team Tank updates to come later. 

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That third period sequence that saw the Habs cough up two power play goals was a microcosm of the season right there.  Lehkonen fans on a breakaway, Pittsburgh comes down and scores.  Pittsburgh gets a breakaway off the faceoff and the Habs take a penalty.  The Habs then get another shorthanded break and Byron gets stopped, Pittsburgh comes down and scores again.  Given the situation in the standings, it's hard to do anything but laugh at this point but still...

On the bright side Vancouver and Detroit moved more solidly ahead of us today. 

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I think McCaron is the worst player on the team. Someone mentioned earlier this month that we don’t have bad players like we did at the end of the 20th century but we have McCaron. 

He is horrid.  I used to be hopeful that he'd improve enough to be a regular 4th liner, but I've moved on from that train of thought.  He's not an NHLer.

Arizona is now 1pt back of us with there win. Hopefully the sens can pick up some more wins and pass us to. Wow who would of thought I would be so happy to see teams pass us and us end up 2nd last. ?

18 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Arizona is now 1pt back of us with there win. Hopefully the sens can pick up some more wins and pass us to. Wow who would of thought I would be so happy to see teams pass us and us end up 2nd last. ?

That Arizona game also bumped them past us in Goals For, and the Habs are now 2nd last in the league in that category - only ahead of Buffalo. 

But what this team really needs is character guys. 

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

That Arizona game also bumped them past us in Goals For, and the Habs are now 2nd last in the league in that category - only ahead of Buffalo. 

You forgot leadership.  That’s even more important than character

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

No what this team needs is more 200 feet guys. Playmakers and goal scorers are so over rated in today's NHL ??

10 hours ago, sbhatt said:

He is horrid.  I used to be hopeful that he'd improve enough to be a regular 4th liner, but I've moved on from that train of thought.  He's not an NHLer.

Commandant called that one right from the start. Sigh...

15 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Jordie Benn would fit in well with Eric Weinrich and Igor Ulanov.

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Jordie Benn would fit in well with Eric Weinrich and Igor Ulanov.

:lol: At least Ulanov was hugely entertaining, much like the hilarious Crankshaft. The only thing entertaining about Benn is that he looks like Captain Haddock.

Image result for captain haddockImage result for jamie benn montreal canadiens

14 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I liked Ulanov growing up for some reason.  I also liked Oleg Petrov - maybe I just liked players whose name ended in 'ov' when I was a kid...

Who wants to take today's GDT?

I'll do one.