WE DID IT! KINGS CLINCH PLAYOFF SPOT

Commandant

:1banana:

How’s the Montoya plays coming along?

And what are our picks looking like with the current standings? Honestly that Chicago second rounder is lookin pretty nice alongside ours. 

28 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

And what are our picks looking like with the current standings? Honestly that Chicago second rounder is lookin pretty nice alongside ours. 

We got the Montoya pick a while ago. 

10 hours ago, Meller93 said:

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/Future/Canadiens.htm

http://habsprospects.com/draft.html

(exact slotting too much effort for morning)

Yea, unless someone drops inexplicably, I think all these picks is a great time to retool.

4 second rounders and 3 fourths is actually pretty crazy. I hope Timmons can do some of his Gallagher/Hudon drafting with those forths. Now we just need better drafting with those seconds. 

With those I’d WAY rather a Vitaly Abramov or Aleksi Heponiemi over Mike MacCarron. Let’s draft for pure speed and skill, and if we have a surplus a year or two down the road, trade for needs.

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I would rather have 2 seconds and a 4th than the late first rounder. The probability of success is much higher with 2 seconds vs 1 late first.

Given track record, what would you guess the Habs likely look to do?

Is there good skill in the 20-30 range, worth trading up for?

Since 2003 we oddly have a worse record with fourth round picks than fifth round picks.

4th Round: Mete

5th Round: Grabovski, Dumont, Gallagher, Hudon

It's more coincidence than anything, just interesting. If Primeau becomes a star we will have more 7th round and up picks succeeding than fourth (Sergei Kostitsyn, Jaroslav Halak and Mark Streit in the 9th round)

50 minutes ago, DON said:

Given track record, what would you guess the Habs likely look to do?

Is there good skill in the 20-30 range, worth trading up for?

Id rather stay put.  The gap from 20-30 to 30-40 ismt that big.  Id rather have 2 guys

• Like 1

I'm glad we got the 4th back.  I'm liking this draft.  Good depth with some good/solid sleeper picks sprinkled through out.  It also gives the Habs some options.

Would there be any consideration in trading one of the 4th rounders for a guy like Adam Mascherin who seems to want to spurn the Panthers and re-enter the draft.  I mean Panthers have no leverage here.  A couple years ago we saw Jimmy Vesey get dealt to Buffalo for a 3rd when he spurned Nashville.  Vesey was more NHL ready and a better prospect at the time than Mascherin.  So a 4th should do it for Mascherin?  I'm guessing he gets re-drafted in the 2nd/3rd round this year.