Sign in to follow this  
Trizzak

Free Agents: Who goes? Who stays? What do they get?

Deslauriers is in his late 20s... Rychel and McCarron are 23. 

If they can't skate well by now, there is no "motivated to improve skating" at this point

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Deslauriers is in his late 20s... Rychel and McCarron are 23. 

If they can't skate well by now, there is no "motivated to improve skating" at this point

I guess I am striking out again as armchair GM :huh:

I was looking at the lineup and the depth, and it seems to me we have too many 3rd liners and that even if L.Shaw and Froese may have outperformed McCarron/Rychel I would still hope (at least for the pre-season) to give them one last shot. They are 1st round picks after all. I think they may be able to play a slower pace game, but provide the toughness missing on the lineup. Very old school, but heck...

It would give the CH some tradable forwards for some near-future relief.

I think if the centre can really skate... you could get away with deslauriers and rychel on the wings.  But i think you cant put three together.

My fear is if we loose out on Tavares, plan B is Tyler Bozak :angry: - DO NOT WANT

34 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

My fear is if we loose out on Tavares, plan B is Tyler Bozak :angry: - DO NOT WANT

Bozak is basically Philip Danault. 

34 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Bozak is basically Philip Danault. 

Surely Stastny is Plan B. Although you know that contract will be a disaster in its later stages.

37 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Surely Stastny is Plan B. Although you know that contract will be a disaster in its later stages.

We just have to pray price and Weber are in contact with Tavares 

21 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

We just have to pray price and Weber are in contact with Tavares 

I have no doubt that they are. And they are two of the players with the very best "reps" in the entire sport, so beyond JT's personal bond with them, their words will probably carry some weight. Reports also have Tavares attracted to the idea of playing for a "classic" franchise like the CH. Unlike some people, I have not given up on JT to the Habs.

Would you throw your money at Tavares or Carlson? We could use both but who would be more important to have?

Tavares easily.

Carlson is a rd so it solves none of our problems.

On 4/29/2018 at 10:40 AM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Reports also have Tavares attracted to the idea of playing for a "classic" franchise like the CH. Unlike some people, I have not given up on JT to the Habs.

Yeah I wouldn't believe a single report aboot Tavares right now. I wouldn't buy into a report that said he wanted to play with Subban or that he wanted to be reunited with Okposo. I don't believe a single report is coming from something he said. He's a private guy.

The only thing we know is he wants to see what his options are. Which is what Stamkos wanted as well. Everything else is speculation and fabrication.