Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Trizzak

Free Agents: Who goes? Who stays? What do they get?

Recommended Posts

Habs UFAs:

 

Antti Niemi - $700 000

Ales Hemsky - $1 000 000

Adam Cracknell - $675 000

Chris Terry - $650 000

 

 

Habs RFAs:

 

Philip Danault - $912 500 (A)

Kerby Rychel - $863 333

Michael McCarron - $863 333

Daniel Carr - $725 000 (A)

Jacob De La Rose - $725 000 (A)

Logan Shaw - $650 000 (A)

Rinat Valiev - $778 333

Tom Parisi - $717 500 (A)

Zachary Fucale - $714 167

Markus Eisenschmid - $642 500 (A)

Jeremy Gregoire - $633 333

 

(A) denotes arbitration eligibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Habs UFAs:

 

Antti Niemi - $700 000

Ales Hemsky - $1 000 000

Adam Cracknell - $675 000

Chris Terry - $650 000

 

 

Habs RFAs:

 

Philip Danault - $912 500 (A)

Kerby Rychel - $863 333

Michael McCarron - $863 333

Daniel Carr - $725 000 (A)

Jacob De La Rose - $725 000 (A)

Logan Shaw - $650 000 (A)

Rinat Valiev - $778 333

Tom Parisi - $717 500 (A)

Zachary Fucale - $714 167

Markus Eisenschmid - $642 500 (A)

Jeremy Gregoire - $633 333

 

(A) denotes arbitration eligibility. 

Not a lot worth keeping there. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Danault, JDLR, Carr, Valiev, Rychel, Shaw, are all easy resign for me. McCarron needs another chance too.

 

for UFAs I’d resign Terry and Cracknell, and we could possibly do Niemi as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Resign our best goalie this season. Anything less than 10.5 is a bargain 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hemesky of course is gonzo.

I would be fine if let Shaw, Byron Froese, delaRose and McCarron all go byebye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure Big Mac will be resigned, if only because to not sign him would be to admit a mistake.

 

(But in fairness, most teams would resign a young player like that even if he just projects to be an AHL player).

 

Carr, to me, clearly deserves to be retained...but Habs' brass appears to regard him with little more interest than they'd give a  skate guard, so who knows.

 

Fucale should be kept as well, although I gather his star has fallen considerably from the breathless reports when we drafted him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I'm pretty sure Big Mac will be resigned, if only because to not sign him would be to admit a mistake.

 

(But in fairness, most teams would resign a young player like that even if he just projects to be an AHL player).

 

Carr, to me, clearly deserves to be retained...but Habs' brass appears to regard him with little more interest than they'd give a  skate guard, so who knows.

 

Fucale should be kept as well, although I gather his star has fallen considerably from the breathless reports when we drafted him.

I think we’d sign most of our RFA’s only to use them as a trading chip and not let them go for nothing.  But it’s a pretty sorry bunch.  At best we have 13rd liners and one potential 3rd liners in that bunch. But just watch MB pay Daneult 2nd line money.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much for Danault?

im sure around 3M/year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2018 at 1:11 PM, Trizzak said:

Habs UFAs:

 

Antti Niemi - $700 000

Ales Hemsky - $1 000 000

Adam Cracknell - $675 000

Chris Terry - $650 000

 

 

Habs RFAs:

 

Philip Danault - $912 500 (A)

Kerby Rychel - $863 333

Michael McCarron - $863 333

Daniel Carr - $725 000 (A)

Jacob De La Rose - $725 000 (A)

Logan Shaw - $650 000 (A)

Rinat Valiev - $778 333

Tom Parisi - $717 500 (A)

Zachary Fucale - $714 167

Markus Eisenschmid - $642 500 (A)

Jeremy Gregoire - $633 333

 

(A) denotes arbitration eligibility. 

I'd like to see Niemi, Cracknell, and Terry retained from the UFA list, but I doubt they all resign.  Lindgren just signed a 3 year extension earlier this season, so I doubt Niemi stays unless he re-signs for the same amount of money or if the Habs are looking ahead to the next expansion draft.  Cracknell and Terry would be good for Laval, but I have a feeling that Terry will look for greener pastures.  Cracknell I'm not sure of.   Hemsky is gone for sure.  Not much use for him this season and I don't see much use for a player like him (always injured) in the future.

 

Out of the RFAs, Parisi is the only one that I think will be let go for sure.  Gregoire, Eisenschmid, Fucale, and Shaw are question marks.  Danault gets resigned for around $3M is my guess.  I think the rest get re-signed mainly because they are young and probably have some value to both the team and in potential deals.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I see happening.

Back

 

Philip Danault - $912 500 (A)

Kerby Rychel - $863 333

Michael McCarron - $863 333

Daniel Carr - $725 000 (A)

Jacob De La Rose - $725 000 (A)

Logan Shaw - $650 000 (A)

Rinat Valiev - $778 333

Jeremy Gregoire - $633 333

 

Gone

 

Habs UFAs:

 

Antti Niemi - $700 000

Ales Hemsky - $1 000 000

Adam Cracknell - $675 000

Chris Terry - $650 000

 

Habs RFAs:


Tom Parisi - $717 500 (A)

Zachary Fucale - $714 167

Markus Eisenschmid - $642 500 (A)



I'd like to see Niemi, Cracknell and Terry back but i doubt it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Commandant said:

What I see happening.

Back

 

Philip Danault - $912 500 (A)

Kerby Rychel - $863 333

Michael McCarron - $863 333

Daniel Carr - $725 000 (A)

Jacob De La Rose - $725 000 (A)

Logan Shaw - $650 000 (A)

Rinat Valiev - $778 333

Jeremy Gregoire - $633 333

 

Gone

 

Habs UFAs:

 

Antti Niemi - $700 000

Ales Hemsky - $1 000 000

Adam Cracknell - $675 000

Chris Terry - $650 000

 

Habs RFAs:


Tom Parisi - $717 500 (A)

Zachary Fucale - $714 167

Markus Eisenschmid - $642 500 (A)



I'd like to see Niemi, Cracknell and Terry back but i doubt it. 

Think you are pretty close. I seen the exerts from the press conference - nothing earth shattering . MB blames year on attitude-- Don't know how he gets a pass. If they don't do a damn other thing , just pray that SLY is gone.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlueKross said:

 just pray that SLY is gone.

Gone from Laval, straight to Habs and takes over JJDs job as d-coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DON said:

Gone from Laval, straight to Habs and takes over JJDs job as d-coach.

 

"Accountability" - reward incompetence with a promotion :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DON said:

Gone from Laval, straight to Habs and takes over JJDs job as d-coach.

 

Sarcasm aside, that's probably a more realistic possibility than you might think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

Sarcasm aside, that's probably a more realistic possibility than you might think.

Wouldn't be a fan of that, but he might be OK as an assistant? But, I do hope they hire a young'ish' QMJHL coach or two worth grooming, not any more ex-habs for AHL team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2018 at 1:11 PM, Trizzak said:

Habs UFAs:

 

Antti Niemi - $700 000

Ales Hemsky - $1 000 000

Adam Cracknell - $675 000

Chris Terry - $650 000

 

 

Habs RFAs:

 

Philip Danault - $912 500 (A)

Kerby Rychel - $863 333

Michael McCarron - $863 333

Daniel Carr - $725 000 (A)

Jacob De La Rose - $725 000 (A)

Logan Shaw - $650 000 (A)

Rinat Valiev - $778 333

Tom Parisi - $717 500 (A)

Zachary Fucale - $714 167

Markus Eisenschmid - $642 500 (A)

Jeremy Gregoire - $633 333

 

(A) denotes arbitration eligibility. 

I took a look at what the expansion draft may be for Seattle and changed things a little bit. For example, I thnik they may be giving some 1 year contract extensions to RFAs this year to avoid protecting them in the expansion draft.

(I would try to sign all, but for different reasons.)

 

NHL: Niemi, Danault (1 yr), de LaRose (1 yr)

AHL & NHL depth: Rychel (1 yr), Carr (1 yr), Valiev (1 yr), L. Shaw (1 yr), McCarron (1 yr)

AHLers: Cracknell, Terry, Fucale, Eisenschmid, Gregoire, Parisi

 

I am hoping we will have to waive: Carr, Valiev, L. Shaw and McCarron because the lineup in Montreal would have improved so much this summer... hopeful thinking :)

 

Edited by alfredoh2009
edited after looking at Expansion draft summer 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2018 at 8:18 PM, DON said:

Wouldn't be a fan of that, but he might be OK as an assistant? But, I do hope they hire a young'ish' QMJHL coach or two worth grooming, not any more ex-habs for AHL team.

 

He was an NHL assistant once before with Colorado.  It didn't go well.

 

18 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I took a look at what the expansion draft may be for Seattle and changed things a little bit. For example, I thnik they may be giving some 1 year contract extensions to RFAs this year to avoid protecting them in the expansion draft.

(I would try to sign all, but for different reasons.)

 

NHL: Niemi, Danault (1 yr), de LaRose (1 yr)

AHL & NHL depth: Rychel (1 yr), Carr (1 yr), Valiev (1 yr), L. Shaw (1 yr), McCarron (1 yr)

AHLers: Cracknell, Terry, Fucale, Eisenschmid, Gregoire, Parisi

2

 

If a player is a restricted free agent, he's still required to be protected for expansion.  Teams can't just sign all of their players to short-term deals to get around the protection requirements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh! I tried :huh: , didn't know it couldn't be done.

i thought the CH did something similar last year where they had a bunch of UFAs before the expansion draft 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Oh! I tried :huh: , didn't know it couldn't be done.

i thought the CH did something similar last year where they had a bunch of UFAs before the expansion draft 

 

There's a big difference between the RFA and the UFA here.  With an RFA, signed or not, they remain under team control through the expansion process.  A UFA with an expiring contract is set to become an outright free agent a couple of weeks after the draft.  Teams with pending UFAs could wait until after the Expansion Draft to re-sign them as the new team wouldn't necessarily want to pick a player they could lose for nothing shortly thereafter.  That's not the same risk for RFAs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dlbalr said:

 

There's a big difference between the RFA and the UFA here.  With an RFA, signed or not, they remain under team control through the expansion process.  A UFA with an expiring contract is set to become an outright free agent a couple of weeks after the draft.  Teams with pending UFAs could wait until after the Expansion Draft to re-sign them as the new team wouldn't necessarily want to pick a player they could lose for nothing shortly thereafter.  That's not the same risk for RFAs.

I knew that about RFs vs UFAs, but I was hoping that the CH could offer 1 yr deals to some pending RFAs to avoid having to protect them. We will lose a core player in the next next expansion draft for sure. Even if it does not show yet, I think we are deeper than in 2016... I'll check this later to see if I remember correctly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Line-up in 2016 looked something like this:

Pacioretty    -Galcheynuk    -Gallagher

Eller              -Plekanec         -Carr

Lessio         -Desharnais     -Andrighetto

Byron          -Danault            -Mitchell

Flynn/Brown

 

Markov      -Subban

Emelin      -Petry

Beaulieu   -Pateryn

Barberio/Bartley/Gilbert

 

Condon/(Price hurt)

 

Lehkonen, Drouin, A. Shaw, and more mature DLR & Danault give us more depth now. Hudon, Scherbak have upside.

Lindgren is an improvement over Condon (or at least equivalent).

Juulsen, Mete, the new and improved Petry, even Rielly are an improvement over 2016...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×