Habs Sign Jake Evans to 2yr ELC

mineral

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

3rd line centre.... maybe 2nd if he shows another jump in his offense. 

why 2 year and not 3 yr deal as normal? A big incentive (demand) before would sign?

What is chance they can rope Poehling's free agent teammate (d-man) into signing on?

14 minutes ago, DON said:

why 2 year and not 3 yr deal as normal? A big incentive (demand) before would sign?

What is chance they can rope Poehling's free agent teammate (d-man) into signing on?

ELC's are based on age. Teams and players don't decide on the length... the age you are when the contract starts is what decides if its a 3 year, 2 year or 1 year deal. 

Evans went to school the full four years so he's a little older than most of the draft picks we sign to 3 year deals.

Jake Evans will be 22 when this deal takes effect on July 1st, 2018

Therefore it is a 2 year deal.

Jimmy Schuldt (dman) and Robby jackson (winger) are two players at St. Cloud who they should try to sign.  Both attended montreal's camp last summer.  Both are Juniors meaning they could go back to school for one more year if they want.  They are both thinking it over.  Most people think that they will leave school since Bob Motzko (head coach) is leaving to take the job at University of Minnesota. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

ELC's are based on age. Teams and players don't decide on the length... the age you are when the contract starts is what decides if its a 3 year, 2 year or 1 year deal. 

Evans went to school the full four years so he's a little older than most of the draft picks we sign to 3 year deals.

Jake Evans will be 22 when this deal takes effect on July 1st, 2018

Therefore it is a 2 year deal.

Jimmy Schuldt (dman) and Robby jackson (winger) are two players at St. Cloud who they should try to sign.  Both attended montreal's camp last summer.  Both are Juniors meaning they could go back to school for one more year if they want.  They are both thinking it over.  Most people think that they will leave school since Bob Motzko (head coach) is leaving to take the job at University of Minnesota. 

Thanks.

Juniors cant sign and stay in NCAA can they, they would need to turn pro eh?

5 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I'm guessing he'll play in Laval's last two games, unless Lefebvre would prefer to give the ice time to Tye Felhaber.

Apparently, he has a groin issue and won't play this week.

25 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Apparently, he has a groin issue and won't play this week.

Just our luck, we just signed him and he is already hurt *<:o)

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Just our luck, we just signed him and he is already hurt *<:o)

Don't worry, you will see him in early july at rookie camp with Dahlin there also.:pray:

• Upvote 1

Awesome! Excited to see someone I actually have watched on a somewhat regular basis was drafted and signed with the Habs! Will be interesting to see how he progresses. Early in the season, he looked like a potential top 2 center, but he really cooled down after the Spengler Cup. Hopefully Laval will come to Cleveland next season!

He got a pretty nice contract.  Max base salary for both years ($925,000 with the signing bonus) plus $425,000 in Class A bonuses.  For perspective, that's a bigger contract (more bonuses) than Scherbak, McCarron, and Juulsen - all first-round picks.

They couldn’t mess around with his contract negotiations or risk losing him. I’m a big believer that the habs need to 2x centres. We definitly need a #1 and either a number 2/3 or 4 depending if we think Danault can handle the 2 hole and if JDLR who is only 22 can take a huge step next year. Is it to much to hope Evans can hold down a 4th line role as soon as next season allowing us to not pick up a 2nd C like O’Reilly?

tavares (or we are lottery bound)

danault (if shielde by JT he is more then capable)

DeLaRose (only 22... still lots of potential)

Evans (21 and 4 years  college under his belt)

McCarron (his inability to seize the moment has dissapointed me. Looked a bit quicker down the stretch though, and more engaged)

I dont think you want evans in the 4th line role.  He has potential to be more.  I wouldnt want to stunt that growth.

To me he either is in the top 9 after camp (which is a long shot) or in the top 6 for laval getting big minutes.

DlR can be the 4th line centre.

51 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

They are 11 months apart in age so pick your poison on JDLR and Evans stunted growth.

You have seen delaRose play haven't you? You have seen Galchenyuk serve up gift wrapped scoring chances for him, that didn't end up in goals.

delaRose has 250+ pro games under his belt, he is what he is, a good sized, strong skating checker...with hands of stone and very little offensive upside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

They are 11 months apart in age so pick your poison on JDLR and Evans stunted growth.

We have seen enough of JDLR at both the ahl and nhl level to know what he is.  The same cant be said for evans.

DLR has zero hands.

Evans is a good passer. When you look at the top 5 in NCAA for assists the three signed to contracts went back to their nhl teams already (Evans was hurt, Marody went to AHL, Terry played two games with the Ducks) while Adam Rockwood and Max Verroneau are unsigned. It wouldn't hurt to have him in the AHL for a full season or two and see what transpires. No need to push him to the NHL already. 

DLR or McCarron, it's all the same to me. 

I would send those projects to another team (like B.Pouliot and L.Eller bounced around) for picks or prospects

L.Shaw and Froese are better suited for our 4th line. Rychel a better option with Deslsuriers

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

DLR or McCarron, it's all the same to me. 

I would send those projects to another team (like B.Pouliot and L.Eller bounced around) for picks or prospects

L.Shaw and Froese are better suited for our 4th line. Rychel a better option with Deslsuriers

If Shaw, Froese, McCarron never dressed again for Habs, would be fine by me.

Got delaRose, Deslauriers, Carr, Rychel for 4th line.

• Like 1