2018 NHL Playoff Thread

dlbalr

17 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

DSP ties it. 

Larry with the lead. 

Can we handle any any more salt to wound???

They both deserve it.  Good for them.  I always liked Lars, he is a quality 3rd line Center man. 

5 minutes ago, Davehab said:

They both deserve it.  Good for them.  I always liked Lars, he is a quality 3rd line Center man. 

Oh I always liked Lars too. I’m happy for them and the Caps overall. Well deserved. 

52 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

DSP ties it. 

Larry with the lead. 

I'm cool with it, but I also hope Bergevin has trouble sleeping tonight. 

The difference with both of them is that they were never given role on the team. In Washington Barry gave them both role and the took it and ran with it.

Its the something there doing with galchenyuk and rose now, not giving them a true role on the team.

Loved seeing Ovie finally win it!  Lars with the cup winner was icing on the cake.  I’d rather her have him over Shaw any day, any time.  It makes a big difference when a player is put in the right role!

Ha ha, good for L'il Lars, but Ovi was the show, and rightly so. He's a phenomenal, all-time great player - and a thumb in the eye to the Canadian Robots Only crowd to boot - so it would have been awful if he had never won. Equally importantly, a frigging expansion team was prevented from winning the Stanley Cup and exposing the league for the complete joke that it is.

1 hour ago, zumpano21 said:

We are so far from this level of hockey. Hang on boys, it's going to be a marathon - not a sprint.

Oh God, don't I know it. A marathon in which we are massively handicapped by a club-foot GM (and probably owner). Happy as I was to see WASH win, it just pains me to know that I probably will never see Carey Price win a Cup...just as I never saw Koivu do it. Those two, along with Subban, are the Habs I've most longed to see raise Lord Stanley's mug over the past couple of decades. Futile wish.

If I feel silly for liking trading Eller at the time I wonder how MB is feeling.

But knowing him all he is thinking is about how he can get more character.

No excuses...  except we need more character.

Eller was a role player.  There are plenty of them.  He found a spot in Washington as a third liner and had a great plat off.  Im happy for him.  Is winning the cup on a team with ovie, backstrom, kuznetsov, holtby, oshie, carlson, orlov, orpick evidence of some major blunder by the canadiens? No.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Helmethead said:

DSP ties it. 

Larry with the lead. 

Very happy for Eller. But yeah does feel funny to have 2 ex Habs score the scf clinching tying and gwg. 

4 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Eller was a role player.  There are plenty of them.  He found a spot in Washington as a third liner and had a great plat off.  Im happy for him.  Is winning the cup on a team with ovie, backstrom, kuznetsov, holtby, oshie, carlson, orlov, orpick evidence of some major blunder by the canadiens? No.

Well, exactly. It's not like retaining Eller would have made the Habs significantly better. This team has much bigger holes than 3rd line C, and in fact we already replaced Eller with Danault, who is at least as good. Be happy for Lars, but it'd be silly to retroactively lament his departure IMHO.

6 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

If I feel silly for liking trading Eller at the time I wonder how MB is feeling.

But knowing him all he is thinking is about how he can get more character.

No excuses...  except we need more character.

Well now that Eller and DSP have won the cup, they have character... right?

16 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Well now that Eller and DSP have won the cup, they have character... right?

It's amazing how players suddely acquire 'character' and 'leadership' when they find themselves on championship-calibre hockey teams :rolleyes:

Might get into trouble for this:

Should the Caps go to the White House?

Some won't. Ovechkin will, because he's tight with Putin and it will be demanded of him.

Might get into trouble for this:

Should the Caps go to the White House?

dSP said he wouldn’t, but I really doubt if he’s with the caps next year.

its pretty sad that the only major sports team to actually  accept Trump’s invite was from the NHL.

i think Putin would probably be part of the invite?

I think the brotherhood of sports should run deeper than anything a WH visit could possibly offer.

This is historically where NHL leadership is weak so as not to rock the boat. We shall see.

As an aside, why not get the MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL champions together for a BBQ at Barack’s? The photos would be epic! 

• dlbalr unpinned this topic
48 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Clearly the caps didn’t need Alzner to win the cup either :rolleyes:

You have no idea  how helpful his Character/Attitude and motivational cheers in the locker room, while wearing his suit because he is a healthy scratch, could have been. For all you know, those fundamentals he could have brought might have helped them beat Tampa in 6 and even swept Vegas.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Link67 said:

You have no idea  how helpful his Character/Attitude and motivational cheers in the locker room, while wearing his suit because he is a healthy scratch, could have been. For all you know, those fundamentals he could have brought might have helped them beat Tampa in 6 and even swept Vegas.

:lol: