2018 NHL Draft Lottery

zumpano21

1 hour ago, illWill said:

I'll admit that I haven't seen him play much other than 2 games a couple weeks ago, but I found it to be an underwhelming performance for a top 3 NHL pick. Especially since his 4th place team was facing elimination against the 9th place team. He only seemed to turn it up when he had the puck and was sort of a rover out there positionally. I paid very close attention to him as I knew there would be a chance the Habs could draft him. The lone goal he got was a puck that popped out to him in the slot and he had an open net, other than that he didn't do much. Believe me I want him to be a star and I hope he proves me wrong 

Ah I see.

Well I guess we are in the same boat that hopefully this was a small plimp in the overall potential this kid has. Like I said we should learn a lot from the tournament this weekend. Thanks for the breakdown. 

2 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

Any chance we just take Boqvist?

ahhh... probably not 

It was very close in my mock. 

I could see us taking any of Zadina, Tkachuk, Boqvist, Hughes, or Wahlstrom. 

There isn't much debate top 2.... 3 is no lock at all. 

2 hours ago, DON said:

Who and what would Habs have to give Sabres...to even make them consider it?

But you know the Sabres are not giving up Dahlin, not matter the offer.

Sabres won't trade him. 

He is both a generational player, and exactly the position they need

2 hours ago, Scott462 said:

Ah I see.

Well I guess we are in the same boat that hopefully this was a small plimp in the overall potential this kid has. Like I said we should learn a lot from the tournament this weekend. Thanks for the breakdown. 

What tournament?

He did not make the Czech team for the World Championships (and as an 18-year-old, that isn't surprising, very few players that young play in the tournament). 

The U18 is over (and he was too old for that as a November birthday too). 

The scouting on Zadina is done.  There are no more games for him (of course they will watch film)....

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

What tournament?

He did not make the Czech team for the World Championships (and as an 18-year-old, that isn't surprising, very few players that young play in the tournament). 

The U18 is over (and he was too old for that as a November birthday too). 

The scouting on Zadina is done.  There are no more games for him (of course they will watch film)....

Apologies.

For some stupid reason I thought he made the team and was going to play with Carolina prospect Martin Necas.

There seems to be quite a range of views on Zadina. Jim Benning was on the radio today explicitly stating that he thought Zadina was one of three NHL-ready impact prospects in this draft. Others seem to disagree. 

16 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

There seems to be quite a range of views on Zadina. Jim Benning was on the radio today explicitly stating that he thought Zadina was one of three NHL-ready impact prospects in this draft. Others seem to disagree. 

I still think Zadina is the third best prospect in this draft, and who we should take at 3. 

i just think the gap between Svechnikov and Zadina is bigger than the gap between Zadina, and my #8 prospect. 

Which is why i don't consider last night to be that big of a win...  #1 would have been ginormous, #2 would have been huge.... #3 is ok, thanks, better than falling i guess.

If any of these Carolina likes Zadina better because of chemistry with Necas rumours are true... then my outlook changes dramatically.

13 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I still think Zadina is the third best prospect in this draft, and who we should take at 3. 

i just think the gap between Svechnikov and Zadina is bigger than the gap between Zadina, and my #8 prospect. 

Which is why i don't consider last night to be that big of a win...  #1 would have been ginormous, #2 would have been huge.... #3 is ok, thanks, better than falling i guess.

If any of these Carolina likes Zadina better because of chemistry with Necas rumours are true... then my outlook changes dramatically.

Even if it helps us move up it has to be considered a big win

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Commandant said:

If so, I could see Waddell offering a swap if the Habs give him something. Unless they pull a Columbus.

13 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

If so, I could see Waddell offering a swap if the Habs give him something. Unless they pull a Columbus.

Crazy that it seems the Dubois pick actually ones out for Columbus too.

8 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Crazy that it seems the Dubois pick actually ones out for Columbus too.

A lot of people right now have egg on their face based on the 2016 draft. Like why the heck everyone slept on Jesper Bratt, and why Buffalo, a team that was desperate for defence in a D heavy draft decided on four forwards with their first four picks when they could have walked out with Sergachev and Girard. But eh still lots of time for players to develop. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Yes, my thoughts exactly. 

13 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

If I’m Carolina I don’t get up svechnikov for Pacioretty

How about this buffalo needs scoring help so we offer them

Pacioretty + there 2nd pick plus leafs 2nd pick

We get there 1st overall pick 

9 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

What about trading down to get Boqvist at 5 with AZ? In return, we ask for their 2nd maybe 3rd rounder?

Aint happening, teams rarely if ever trade down from #3, especially a team in dire need of high end skill. And unlikely anyone will want one of the two RWers that badly to offer up enough. 

11 hours ago, Metallica said:

How about this buffalo needs scoring help so we offer them

Pacioretty + there 2nd pick plus leafs 2nd pick

We get there 1st overall pick 

First.  Dahlin is a generational player.  He is every bit the defence prospect that mcdavid was a forward prospect in 2015.  No team is trading him.  None.

Second the sabres last 4 drafts were reinhart, eichel, nylander, Mittelstadt.  They also.have oreilly who they are trying to move.  Forward is not their issue.  They have nothing on the blue line and need dahlin more than anything else right now.

Third.  This proposal is terrible. The value is not close.  Pacioretty (1 year) and a pair of second rounders is horrific value.

• Upvote 1