D. Ducharme Hired

ehjay

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Interesting that he jumps straight to assistant coaching in the NHL, bypassing coaching in Laval. 

Julien is on notice, a real head coach replacement is now in place. Like the hiring of Muller & Waite, cant see why anyone would disapprove of this hire and vast majority of HabsFans must be pleased today to see JJD sent packing.

Is Ducharme now the d-coach and PK coach and Muller still PP and forward one?

Wonder if ducharmes buddy joel bouchard is next.  Habs would likely wait for B-B to be done in the playoffs to announce that.

But riggt now we have 3 firings (jj, lacroix, lefebvre) and one hiring.

I Could see bouchard in laval or as an assistant.

32 minutes ago, DON said:

Julien is on notice, a real head coach replacement is now in place. Like the hiring of Muller & Waite, cant see why anyone would disapprove of this hire and vast majority of HabsFans must be pleased today to see JJD sent packing.

Is Ducharme now the d-coach and PK coach and Muller still PP and forward one?

Ducharme hasnt been a defence coach before.

He looks more like Lacroix's replacement than jj's

12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Ducharme is also doubling down on Drouin.  Getting the kids junior coach to help him.

Here are some google translated comments by Ducharme on Drouin.

As was the case in Halifax six years ago, Drouin also has a shy start with the Canadiens. He is not the shadow of the dynamic and explosive player he always knew how to be. Ducharme does not lose hope. "I always trust him," he says without hesitation.

"Jonathan is a player with exceptional skills and talent. At 22, he's still a young player. In addition, he learns a new position (center) in the National League. It can not be learned overnight. He needs time. "

At the age of 16 and 17, Drouin played on the wing under Ducharme. At 18, Ducharme played Drouin in the middle with the Mooseheads. "He needed a new challenge at that time and I thought that playing it in the center was to allow Jonathan to add a string to his bow."

"Jonathan's natural position is on the wing, but I think he can also be successful at the center. The important thing for him is that he must be in possession of the puck as often as possible and he must be in motion (move his feet) to be able to attack the offensive zone with a lot of speed. When he plays this way, it's very difficult to face him. "

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Ducharme hasnt been a defence coach before.

He looks more like Lacroix's replacement than jj's

What was Lacroix looking after?

So who replaces JJD, that Bouchard guy? Hal Gill would seem like a good coach-type, but maybe that's just me always thinking he would make a good d-coach, for no real solid reasons (Therrrien is gone and Julien coached him before I think). I think he is coaching a bit in amateur hockey somewhere.

22 minutes ago, DON said:

So who replaces JJD, that Bouchard guy? Hal Gill would seem like a good coach-type, but maybe that's just me always thinking he would make a good d-coach, for no real solid reasons (Therrrien is gone and Julien coached him before I think). I think he is coaching a bit in amateur hockey somewhere.

Gill was strongly pro-Subban (remember 'you don't fix PK, you let him go over the boards and be awesome'?). so that should be enough to rule him out for this management group :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DON said:

Lacroix was doing some special teams, and some forward work. 

Muller was doing some special teams and some forward work. 

I’m tired of hearing this and that player are better at wing but they can play center. I want my players to play the position they are best at. Versatility is good but more so when your team goes through unforeseen injuries. Not when it’s because there are no other options. 

23 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I’m tired of hearing this and that player are better at wing but they can play center. I want my players to play the position they are best at. Versatility is good but more so when your team goes through unforeseen injuries. Not when it’s because there are no other options. 

100%, but that's the kind of bullsh*t you have to put up with when your team is riddled with holes and has dumb-ass ego-driven management. MB gave up a lot for Drouin on the principle that he had made a coup to get an impact C. Barring free agency miracles, that's the story and I'd expect the team to stick to it no matter how stupid it is. Remember: winning is secondary to this organization.

16 hours ago, DON said:

I agree with your train of thought that Hal Gill would make a good assistant coach.  I liked him when he played with the Habs and I was always hoping he would be back with the team in some coaching or advisory role.  Maybe give him his start with Laval as an assistant coach if he's interested?

I wouldn't be surprised if Doug Houda is on the shortlist for D coaches.  He was with Julien for a long time in Boston and with the way Detroit played this year, I'm not sure they'd necessarily block a lateral transfer.

11 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Doug Houda is on the shortlist for D coaches.  He was with Julien for a long time in Boston and with the way Detroit played this year, I'm not sure they'd necessarily block a lateral transfer.

They allowed four less goals. Huge improvement.

19 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

They allowed four less goals. Huge improvement.

I'm just saying that if Julien is actually getting to pick his staff, it stands to reason that someone he was comfortable working with for a long time in Boston is probably going to be under consideration. 

I also am not sure you should judge a defence coach's results purely by goals against.  The Wings goalies are kind of shit. 

Also while i agree with most who say that Montreal doesn't have enough talent on defence.  The Wings, on paper, might have the least talented 1-6 in the NHL. 

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I also am not sure you should judge a defence coach's results purely by goals against.  The Wings goalies are kind of shit. 

Also while i agree with most who say that Montreal doesn't have enough talent on defence.  The Wings, on paper, might have the least talented 1-6 in the NHL. 

I wasn't being serious. I just think if this organization really wants to turn things around they need to find the best in the business. The defence coach in Detroit doesn't inspire much.

51 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I'm just saying that if Julien is actually getting to pick his staff, it stands to reason that someone he was comfortable working with for a long time in Boston is probably going to be under consideration. 

Joel Bouchard not an option for d-coach with Habs? Or is he more like a head coach of Lavel-type?