Dudley Joins Carolina

Commandant

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I find it easier to imagine Kovy subverting the coaches by telling them not to worry about boring defensive systems.

I fail to see how this is a bad thing. 

I'm not gonna stan for Kovy. I just think the fact he was willing to help and everyone immediately thinks that is a bad idea compared to all of the good ideas this team has had like Frankie Bouillon and Sylvain Lefebvre to be a bit silly. The idea is for him to be an offensive coordinator like Turgeon is in Los Angeles, not an on the bench coach. With the way this team sucks the life out of player creativity I just see him as a good guy to bring in and maybe help a kid recognize when to get fancy and when to make the safe play.

As for Koivu like I said he isn't leaving Finland.

26 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I fail to see how this is a bad thing. 

I'm not gonna stan for Kovy. I just think the fact he was willing to help and everyone immediately thinks that is a bad idea compared to all of the good ideas this team has had like Frankie Bouillon and Sylvain Lefebvre to be a bit silly. The idea is for him to be an offensive coordinator like Turgeon is in Los Angeles, not an on the bench coach. With the way this team sucks the life out of player creativity I just see him as a good guy to bring in and maybe help a kid recognize when to get fancy and when to make the safe play.

As for Koivu like I said he isn't leaving Finland.

Hey, just to reiterate, I loved Kovalev. He was in no way what you want in a core player or franchise cornerstone, but he is tied with Subban for Most Entertaining Hab of the 2000s in my book. If he comes on board, I wouldn't complain; I just think it's a stretch, that's all.

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎01 at 7:10 AM, habscout said:

I am not surprised as I heard rumours about this back on April 28.  Dudley is known to be a smart hockey person and recognizes the hole Bergevin has created.  His contract was going to expire on July 1st so he's jumped ship early for a better position and before the ship goes down.   If the Habs have a similarly bad season again next year, how likely would Bergevin and his team keep their jobs in the spring of 2019?  

This was their pro-scout guy wasn't he? Please get gone already, his advice cant be worth much from the look at players acquired, right from Briere on.

14 hours ago, DON said:

This was their pro-scout guy wasn't he? Please get gone already, his advice cant be worth much from the look at players acquired, right from Briere on.

Dudley has always been active on the amateur scouting side.  I read somewhere that he has more or less worked exclusively on that side the last few years.  Eric Crawford is Montreal's primary pro scout.

• Like 1

Well seems Dudley leaves a crap team when he moves on, but supposedly is an "excellent talent evaluator". Not sure that showed in Atlanta, then Leafs now the Habs, but he must of done well somewhere at sometime? Anyways, doubt will a big loss, now maybe that Crawford guy should also be moving on?

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Dudley has always been active on the amateur scouting side.  I read somewhere that he has more or less worked exclusively on that side the last few years.  Eric Crawford is Montreal's primary pro scout.

If that's the case, E. Crawford should have been axed for the Alzner/Schelemko fiasco...

• Like 1