What does this team do with all the new young blood it's getting in a couple months?

1st round: 3  (3rd pick overall) - about 80% odds of being a top 6 F

2nd round: 4 (35th), 7 (38th), 25 (56th), undetermined (59th-62nd overall - Cap's pick - depends on how far they go) - each about 10-12% odds of being a top 6 F/top 4 D/#1 goalie, 30-40% odds of cracking the NHL for at least 100 games

3rd round: 4 (66th) - about 7-8% odds of being a quality NHL player

4th round: 4 (97th), 9 (102nd) - about 4-5% odds of each being a quality NHL player

With that many picks, Montreal is almost guaranteed to be picking some future stars this year. The odds alone suggest about 3 high quality NHL players out of Montreal's draft picks.

Trouble is, there's almost no way for even a competent organization to develop that much talent at once. Will we see some picks traded before the draft?

56 minutes ago, Jeff Price (no relation) said:

1st round: 3  (3rd pick overall) - about 80% odds of being a top 6 F

2nd round: 4 (35th), 7 (38th), 25 (56th), undetermined (59th-62nd overall - Cap's pick - depends on how far they go) - each about 10-12% odds of being a top 6 F/top 4 D/#1 goalie, 30-40% odds of cracking the NHL for at least 100 games

3rd round: 4 (66th) - about 7-8% odds of being a quality NHL player

4th round: 4 (97th), 9 (102nd) - about 4-5% odds of each being a quality NHL player

With that many picks, Montreal is almost guaranteed to be picking some future stars this year. The odds alone suggest about 3 high quality NHL players out of Montreal's draft picks.

Trouble is, there's almost no way for even a competent organization to develop that much talent at once. Will we see some picks traded before the draft?

Most players selected will be 18 and will be with CHL teams, in the NCAA, or in Europe next year.  There wont be a logjam.  By the time they are ready for laval, the prospects there now will either be in the NHL or out of the organization.

• Like 1

The jaded fan in me thinks:

We will draft Zadina and he will be out first line centre next season. Galchenyuk will be moved to #6 left defense. Benn will be second line winger and Gally will be with Plex on the third line.

The hopeful fan in me thinks:

We will draft Zadina and he will get some games with the Habs. We will package Patches and a second rounder for a good young centre prospect. We will draft the rest and hope for the best.

7 minutes ago, huzer said:

I’ll eat my hat if the Habs actually make 4 selections in the second round. 

What kind of hat?

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

A toque made of hemp 

I got no hemp-toques (they are entrance hat to harder stuff like an opium fez) and seems likely at least 1 2nd rounder will go to move up/down; but, I would prefer to see them simply make the 1st six picks are they come up, or perhap trade a 2018 2nd pick for a 2019 2nd&3rd.

Image result for fez hat images funny