Sign in to follow this  
dlbalr

Valiev re-signs

The keep building depth on the left side.  I'm not sure if there is quality there yet, but they have depth. 

Another pretty low risk signing.

Another signing many will say is in-line with Bergevin's bargain bin MO.

He is simply re-signing an organizational prospect that was recently acquired, there really isn't any spin on this.

Bargain BIn signings are when the size of the need outweighs the player brought in to fill it by a significant amount, AKA Streit last summer.

15 minutes ago, Link67 said:

He is simply re-signing an organizational prospect that was recently acquired, there really isn't any spin on this.

Logic eh? Agree there should be no spin; but, you do know you are talking about HabFans?

15 hours ago, Link67 said:

Bargain BIn signings are when the size of the need outweighs the player brought in to fill it by a significant amount, AKA Streit last summer.

Agreed. Valiev is a guy we valued in the Plekanec trade as a prospect coming back. No room for him in Toronto but there's room for him here. Worth a shot to see what he brings.

These last 3 signings I would not think twice about it, but with our  new coaching hiring , and looks like new view on  development of players I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for the future of this team when it comes to getting our young guys developed and ready for the NHL.