2018 NHL Offseason Thread

Trizzak

42 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Skinner going to buffalo,  Good pick up for buffalo. Is this the kind of return we're to expect for Pacioretty?

I think Buffalo wins the trade so I'd hope we get more for Max. 

I'd rather a 1st instead of the 2nd, 3rd, and 6th. PU was drafted in the third

I'd gladly take Heponiemi and a 1st from Florida or Bellows and a 2nd from the Isles. 

Decent prospect, good pick. Quality over quantity. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Metallica said:

Skinner going to buffalo,  Good pick up for buffalo. Is this the kind of return we're to expect for Pacioretty?

Hope not. Might as well keep him if those are the type of offers floating around.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Metallica said:

If we trade him now, yes. 

The market is dry right now. August is a bad time to trade a player. Remember how Montreal got two teams best players in the same week back in 1992? Brian Bellows in Minnesota and Vincent Damphousse in Edmonton? Those were late August trades. This is a bad time to get good value on a good player. 

We missed the pre free agency window. Now we wait for the mid season window. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/3/2018 at 12:29 AM, Machine of Loving Grace said:

If we trade him now, yes. 

The market is dry right now. August is a bad time to trade a player. Remember how Montreal got two teams best players in the same week back in 1992? Brian Bellows in Minnesota and Vincent Damphousse in Edmonton? Those were late August trades. This is a bad time to get good value on a good player. 

We missed the pre free agency window. Now we wait for the mid season window. 

This is likely correct...IF Pacioretty manages to have a reasonable season.  The problem is that if there's a 'dark cloud' energy surrounding him due to the circumstance and it affects both him and the room, he could end up having a season even worse than his last one, driving his deadline deal value even more than current value.  It's a risk, but that's where we sit...because MB didn't get it done the right way at the right time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Davehab said:

This is actually depressing. We are going to be awful. I will still watch of course. But it’s gonna hurt. 

If Weber weren't hurt, I'd be expecting a surprise 'bounce back' to bubble status on the strength of a re-focused Price. But with Weber out for months, it'll take huge leaps forward by Juulsen and Mete to make this a realistic possibility. Your anticipation of non-stop agony is logical.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

According to Friedman, Karlsson talks have increased, mostly with Western Conference teams, and Vancouver is seeing what they can do to be in on him. 

VANCOUVER??? WTF?????

This has to be taken as more proof that Linden was the only voice strongly pushing for a genuine rebuild within that management group. Sad. If they trade Boeser for him, the fans should tear down Rogers Arena and drop the wreckage from a great height upon the heads of ownership

58 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

VANCOUVER??? WTF?????

This has to be taken as more proof that Linden was the only voice strongly pushing for a genuine rebuild within that management group. Sad. If they trade Boeser for him, the fans should tear down Rogers Arena and drop the wreckage from a great height upon the heads of ownership

Ottawa has no first rounder so the Canucks first has to be in the deal.

Sens will need a D to claim is the heir to Karlsson so that means Hughes or Juolevi. 

By that point they have something that needs more but adding Boeser is too much. I just don't see Karlsson agreeing to goto Vancouver. I think Dallas is still the right way to go, it's just Dallas doesn't want to give up Miro Heiskanen.

24 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Ottawa has no first rounder so the Canucks first has to be in the deal.

Sens will need a D to claim is the heir to Karlsson so that means Hughes or Juolevi. 

By that point they have something that needs more but adding Boeser is too much. I just don't see Karlsson agreeing to goto Vancouver. I think Dallas is still the right way to go, it's just Dallas doesn't want to give up Miro Heiskanen.

Fair enough - I really hadn't thought through the return; but the point is that for the Canucks to trade key future assets for a 28 year old - even one as gifted as EK, one of the best and most exciting guys in hockey  - is sketchy. Anyway, Benning has denied that he's pursuing this, and reports are now suggesting they were merely doing 'due diligence.'

55 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Fair enough - I really hadn't thought through the return; but the point is that for the Canucks to trade key future assets for a 28 year old - even one as gifted as EK, one of the best and most exciting guys in hockey  - is sketchy. Anyway, Benning has denied that he's pursuing this, and reports are now suggesting they were merely doing 'due diligence.'

Which means they were told Karlsson wouldn't talk to them.

If the Sens could get Vans first and Juolevi I think that’s decent. Maybe another 2nd or 3rd pick or

B prospect.

learn from the Isle, get something.

Van is in a tough division, likely a lottery team!

• dlbalr unpinned this topic