Galchenyuk traded for Domi

Metallica

15 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Maybe he did this so people would forget about how bad the PK trade was. 

Nah, he's just making the team 'younger and faster.' Never mind about making it better.

Marx said that history repeats itself, the first time as tragedy, the second as farce. When we traded PK, I was appalled, dismayed, horrified...but this trade just cracks me up. When they said MB was a practical joker, I never dreamed the joke would be on US.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Nah, he's just making the team 'younger and faster.' Never mind about making it better.

Marx said that history repeats itself, the first time as tragedy, the second as farce. When he traded PK, I was appalled, dismayed, horrified...this trade just cracks me up. When they said MB was a practical joker, I never dreamed the joke would be on US.

It's on us, alright. 

39 minutes ago, Chris said:

This will make everyone feel better, 

out of Dom's whopping 9 goals last year, 4 were empty netters

Domi was drafted as a center and was playing there last year... It seems last season he broke his hand and that may have explained some of the struggles.

https://www.fiveforhowling.com/2017-coyotes-25-under-25/2017/9/1/16234676/top-25-under-25-1-max-domi-nhl-five-for-howling-leading-coyotes-to-the-future

If he plays center with Drouin, and Gallagher of on RW, it may not be that bad after all... just trying to find some reason for it (besides the lower salary cap)

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Domi was drafted as a center and was playing there last year... It seems last season he broke his hand and that may have explained some of the struggles.

https://www.fiveforhowling.com/2017-coyotes-25-under-25/2017/9/1/16234676/top-25-under-25-1-max-domi-nhl-five-for-howling-leading-coyotes-to-the-future

If he plays center with Drouin, and Gallagher of on RW, it may not be that bad after all... just trying to find some reason for it (besides the lower cap)

It's not working, but keep trying :lol: There's nothing to 'understand.' MB is the dumbest GM in hockey, that's all there is to it.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Chris said:

Just saving cash to sign tavares

"Hey John, you should sign with us! I continually trade away better players for worse ones. No, not out of cap necessity like the Blackhawks, but pure, blind, incompetence! So, whaddya say?"

5 minutes ago, Metallica said:

I just don't get why he didn't try and get Strome from them? At least he's a center.

We don't need Strome. We have Drouin, Danault and our new #1C as of July 1 - Tomas Plekanec. That's all the C depth a team led by Marc Bergevin needs

1 hour ago, Chris said:

I'll say Zadina will be his replacement

This was my first thought.  Zadina now replaces Galchenyuk.  And we have Domi who is half the price of Galchenyuk.  Does this mean Pacioretty comes back and signs longterm?

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

We don't need Strome. We have Drouin, Danault and our new #1C as of July 1 - Tomas Plekanec. That's all the C depth a team led by Marc Bergevin needs

Max Domi played centre in Arizona towards the end of the year.  You can bet 100% he’ll play centre in Mtl.

C depth chart is now:

Drouin

Domi

Danault

De La Rose

All begin with D...

Ok I am going to go to bed now, when I weak up I am hoping its just a nightmare and this trade never really happens. This is a dream within a  dream. Everything will be ok when I weak up????????????????????????

14 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Ok I am going to go to bed now, when I weak up I am hoping its just a nightmare and this trade never really happens. This is a dream within a  dream. Everything will be ok when I weak up????????????????????????

It could be worse, we could have gotten Tie Domi.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

He’s had success playing the centre position,” Chayka said of Galchenyuk. “I don’t think we’d make this trade if we didn’t think he had the ability to play centre.

Tell that to Bergevin ?

Maybe I wear the rose coloured glasses, but I don’t hate it as much as everybody else.

With how they were using Chucky, it’s not a big of a loss. Add in the cap savings and the fact that the Habs have several holes to fill, maybe that money comes in handy.

The offseason is a buffet, we’ve only tasted the first dish, I’ll wait for more before I judge this one.

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Let's all give as alfredoh a hand for correctly predicting a Galchenyuk trade to Arizona. He wanted Strome but... close enough?

Thanks MoLG ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JGC21 said:

It could be worse, we could have gotten Tie Domi.

that moron MB probably would have made that trade if he could as well. 

Well all that does it.  I am officially hoping the habs finish last every year until this moron gets fired.  Horrible trade.  Subban trade was dumb. Sergechev trade was dumb. Not signing Markov. Dumb.  Now we move galchenyuk and don’t get a true centre???? But I’m sure Domi will get more of a chance at centre than galchenyuk ever did.

watch galchenyuk become a 35-40 goal scorer in Phoenix and probably become the centre we need.

26 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Maybe I wear the rose coloured glasses, but I don’t hate it as much as everybody else.

With how they were using Chucky, it’s not a big of a loss. Add in the cap savings and the fact that the Habs have several holes to fill, maybe that money comes in handy.

The offseason is a buffet, we’ve only tasted the first dish, I’ll wait for more before I judge this one.

Seriously????? With how we used chucky it’s not a big loss??? The morons running the team needed to be dumped, not galchenyuk!!!

• Upvote 1

I received Habsworld email announcing this new thread and was hoping it was someone throwing out a flyer for discussion. Then I checked the news...then OMG the nightmare became reality.  

?. 

Mr. Molson this s***show is now on you.  When a dog bites someone, you can't blame the poor dog as he doesn't know any better - you blame the Owner. Time to take MB out behind the shed.

• Upvote 1