Galchenyuk traded for Domi

Metallica

I never imagined a time when I would care more about the Jackets than the Habs... Bergevin is doing his best to make that actually happen. Atrocious trade. It's shocking how much worse this team has gotten in the last two years.

Like I said in another post - he really does believe his own Don Cherry rhetoric about "character," etc.. It's sad, really. This team is being managed by a brontosaurus.

I'll admit, living in the Vancouver area, I find myself slowly but surely gravitating to following the Vancouver frigging Canucks with more enthusiasm than I follow the Habs. At least the Canucks have some sort of overarching vision and have assembled a stable of genuinely good young talent. I never thought I'd see the day when my contempt for the Canuckleheads would be surpassed by my contempt for the Montreal Canadiens. Like I say: sad.

20 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

I never imagined a time when I would care more about the Jackets than the Habs... Bergevin is doing his best to make that actually happen. Atrocious trade. It's shocking how much worse this team has gotten in the last two years.

Why is it atrocious? Bit overkill isn't it before he has played one game yet, but knee jerk reaction by most is as expected I suppose.

I am OK with swap, question it not being for a centre or LH d-man, but see how shakes out over next two weeks before will jump on the Chicken Little bandwagon.

After all backfiring in his face last summer, will it be a repeat?

11 minutes ago, DON said:

Why is it atrocious? Bit overkill isn't it before he has played one game yet, but knee jerk reaction by most is as expected I suppose.

I am OK with swap, question it not being for a centre or LH d-man, but see how shakes out over next two weeks before will jump on the Chicken Little bandwagon.

Yes, we know you are okay with any move Montreal managemt makes and if anyone complains, you accua them if being negative or constantly saying the sky is falling.   In your email eyes managemt can do no wrong, b cause we at arent there and privy to all that is happening.

Hmm, this isn’t a burner account for Geoff Molson is it???

14 minutes ago, DON said:

Indeed.

One has to think there might have been a possibility Galchenyuk leaves after his contract was up, maybe MB didn’t want to wait to try and make a deal. Getting Domi who has almost identical point totals might not have been the worst thing. Personally I like Domi and I liked Galchenyuk too so I’m torn but I’m trying to find some positives.

I'm confused. My first thought is that Montreal lost this trade.  I guess we will see once and for all if Chucky's problems are between the ears or it was all the habs coaches fault that he had issues. Welcome to canada Domi.  Get ready to be hated before it's earned.

It is laughable to read the TSN  article about how they made this trade because they need a centre and believe Galchenyuk is a good centre.

Not good enough to be given a shot on a team desperate for centres though.

MB is to the Habs as Trump is to USA - A frigging dumbass that continues to destroy everything.

47 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

It is laughable to read the TSN  article about how they made this trade because they need a centre and believe Galchenyuk is a good centre.

Not good enough to be given a shot on a team desperate for centres though.

MB is to the Habs as Trump is to USA - A frigging dumbass that continues to destroy everything.

And the MB defenders and those that are saying AGAIN let’s not be quick to judge are like the look-aid drinking 90% of the republican base that support Trump.

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Advanced stats wise the two are about even at even strength in terms of generating offence. Domi is a bit better defensively. Galchenyuk pulls ahead with his superior PP production though.

Its not that...... The reason why you're trading galchenyuk is because he can't fill the whole at center like you thought he could. So why trade him for the same problem? Thats why everyone is having a hard time with this trade. If Domi was a true center I think everyone would like this trade. But it doesn't solve any of our needs.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Its not that...... The reason why you're trading galchenyuk is because he can't fill the whole at center like you thought he could. So why trade him for the same problem? Thats why everyone is having a hard time with this trade. If Domi was a true center I think everyone would like this trade. But it doesn't solve any of our needs.

Bingo.

It is another pointless sideways move for sure but it is made worse when you consider that Domi hasn't been the same since his injury and he shows signs that he will not recover to near the level he was.

This is MB being MB - he is a bad GM and this is a bad trade that does nothing to improve us and could very well have made us worse.

Looking forward to having Domi.

Hate the trade. 

• Upvote 2

I don’t mind the trade. Galchenyuk never reached full potential with this team.

Domi is cheaper, less talented, bit seems to work harder and thus giving the team a more ”stable” second line winger?

And if this move is utilized to allocate funds to a elite center, then it could actually be beneficial.

Yes, I still dream of a Tavares signing.

• Upvote 1

I don't like the trade,  but over the years I've decided that Chucky is a slightly better version of ak46. I may be wrong,  but my gut tells me that there are some issues between the ears.  Which raises the question, "What are the canadiens doing to help players with the mental side of their performance?  Whether its confidence, anxiety, learning issues, substance dependant etc..."  

• Upvote 1

Galchenyuk said he asked to play centre at the end of the season, but was denied by Julien.... Wow. This franchise is turning into a joke. 

Alex Galchenyuk on Coyotes GM John Chayka acknowledging his abilities & potential at center: "The second I went on social media & read the comments about me playing center, that’s what I want and I’m excited about it. I’m preparing already for it & I can’t wait to get started."

4 hours ago, Scott462 said:

Indeed.

One has to think there might have been a possibility Galchenyuk leaves after his contract was up, maybe MB didn’t want to wait to try and make a deal. Getting Domi who has almost identical point totals might not have been the worst thing. Personally I like Domi and I liked Galchenyuk too so I’m torn but I’m trying to find some positives.

Almost identical totals???? Did he ever score 30 goals???  Yeah let’s trade a guy now because we may not be able to resign him 2 years from now.  Wait let’s trade Ryan Poehling now too, because he may opt to become a UFA once he’s done college rather than resign with us ?

21 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I don't like the trade,  but over the years I've decided that Chucky is a slightly better version of ak46. I may be wrong,  but my gut tells me that there are some issues between the ears.  Which raises the question, "What are the canadiens doing to help players with the mental side of their performance?  Whether its confidence, anxiety, learning issues, substance dependant etc..."  

The buggest mental issues with the Montreal Canadiens is what’s between the ears of this moronic ownership and managemt team.