Galchenyuk traded for Domi

Metallica

10 hours ago, Commandant said:

.04 or not... better is still better 

Also add in the fact he did that while getting jerked around from lw to c and back... spending some of his time on the fourth and some on the first and everywhere in between and getting no benefit from empty net points that domi gets 

We traded away chuck... and got a less productive player kn the same position.  Thats the bottom line here.

14pts in last 11 games in Arizona, encouraging. Team gets bit younger and bit more $$ to play with. Why does he get empty netters, assume it is speed and hard work to get open, why is that a negative? 

11 hours ago, Commandant said:

.04 or not... better is still better 

Also add in the fact he did that while getting jerked around from lw to c and back... spending some of his time on the fourth and some on the first and everywhere in between and getting no benefit from empty net points that domi gets 

We traded away chuck... and got a less productive player kn the same position.  Thats the bottom line here.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, DON said:

14pts in last 11 games in Arizona, encouraging. Team gets bit younger and bit more $$ to play with. Why does he get empty netters, assume it is speed and hard work to get open, why is that a negative? 

I mean... I value goals scored past a goalie over goals scored on an uncontested target.

I guess it's nice to have someone on the ice to protect a lead, but right now I'm not entirely sure how many times we'll have a lead.

I’m hearing Gallagher really enjoyed playing with Domi on Team Canada, wonder what they would do together on a line in MTL?

Domi - Somebody at Centre - Gallagher

9 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

I’m hearing Gallagher really enjoyed playing with Domi on Team Canada, wonder what they would do together on a line in MTL?

Domi - Somebody at Centre - Gallagher

This is now my official template for every Habs line.

Pacioretty - Somebody at Centre - Scherbak

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

This is now my official template for every Habs line.

Pacioretty - Somebody at Centre - Scherbak

Lol!  We should abreviate it to: SAC

Easier to type.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

SACs down the middle, SADs on the rear left 

Here I am, stuck in the draft lottery with you...

This Stealers Wheel remix needs a bit of work.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Clayton Keller is a better forward than anyone on the Habs roster. 

Derek Stepan is a better centre than anyone on the Habs roster. 

Oliver Ekman Larsson is as good a defenceman as anyone on the Habs Roster, and I'd even take him over Weber in terms of generating offence five v five. 

Christian Dvorak as a Rookie put up about the same numbers as the best season of Phillip Danault's career. 

I'm not convinced that Montreal has more talent than Arizona. 

Guys like Dvorak and Keller will only get better.

Guys like Strome, Perlini, Chychrun, a number 5 pick are all up and coming

Raanta is a solid goalie

Arizona is a team on the rise, won't surprise me at all if they make the playoffs in the next two years. 

Montreal has some huge holes to fill and a GM that I've totally lost confidence in. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Clayton Keller is a better forward than anyone on the Habs roster. 

Derek Stepan is a better centre than anyone on the Habs roster. 

Oliver Ekman Larsson is as good a defenceman as anyone on the Habs Roster, and I'd even take him over Weber in terms of generating offence five v five. 

Christian Dvorak as a Rookie put up about the same numbers as the best season of Phillip Danault's career. 

I'm not convinced that Montreal has more talent than Arizona. 

Guys like Dvorak and Keller will only get better.

Guys like Strome, Perlini, Chychrun, a number 5 pick are all up and coming

Raanta is a solid goalie

Arizona is a team on the rise, won't surprise me at all if they make the playoffs in the next two years. 

And...what is point of this, that you like Arizona like you did Dallas, who flopped.

But, who cares about Arizona to begin with?

8 minutes ago, DON said:

And...what is point of this, that you like Arizona like you did Dallas, who flopped.

But, who cares about Arizona to begin with?

The point was that the idea that montreal has so much more talent for domi to play with and thats why he can score more than 5 goals against actual goalies isnt exactly true.

3 hours ago, DON said:

11 game sample sizes? Really?

And 4 empty net goals isnt a negative.

Only scoring 5 goals against real goalies is the negative.

If he had 24 goals and 4 wmpty netters no one would care.

• Upvote 1

The point was that the idea that montreal has so much more talent for domi to play with and thats why he can score more than 5 goals against actual goalies isnt exactly true.

Never said "so much more talent"...I don't like the trade, but do think that the Habs lineup is deeper than Arizona even if AZ has a couple better impact players. 

I think Domi will do better in Habs uniform than last year and I don't think Chucky will hit 30 goals (but may still be -20 or more) this year in AZ.

I don't watch Arizona so know nothing about them (other than OEL and losing a lot forever)) and doesn't matter if have more or less, he will score more than 5 on goalies this year and I doubt even you would place much of a bet he wont.

(But, I see why you went on about coyote guys)

1 hour ago, Habiman said:

Never said "so much more talent"...I don't like the trade, but do think that the Habs lineup is deeper than Arizona even if AZ has a couple better impact players. 

I think Domi will do better in Habs uniform than last year and I don't think Chucky will hit 30 goals (but may still be -20 or more) this year in AZ.

Chuck doesn't have to score 30. He scores 20 and it has a good chance of being double what Domi scores with the Habs.

Domi needs to prove he can put 10 goals in the net with a goalie there in a full season. 

5 minutes ago, illWill said:

Domi will wear #13 for the Habs

Meanwhile Karl Alzner will snatch up Galchenyuk's #27, ugh

I’ll ignore the second part of this comment but here’s to hoping Domi is our new playoff Cammalleri. #13

1 hour ago, DON said:

I don't watch Arizona so know nothing about them (other than OEL and losing a lot forever)) and doesn't matter if have more or less, he will score more than 5 on goalies this year and I doubt even you would place much of a bet he wont.

(But, I see why you went on about coyote guys)

5 isn't a high bar. 

If he repeats last season's performance of 5 goals against goalies this trade is a disaster. 

He needs to be at 15-20 to have even a chance to win the deal. 

I love Domi, he is going to be a fun player to have on the team, I appreciate the Speed and Tenacity he has, the Gallagher-Like hockey he plays.

However I'd still be walking into this team's Front Office like..

tenor.gif?itemid=9872097

and that's just all there is to it

5 isn't a high bar. 

If he repeats last season's performance of 5 goals against goalies this trade is a disaster. 

He needs to be at 15-20 to have even a chance to win the deal. 

So you think he may put up only 5g next year...or just keep saying 5g as cheap way to try and make a weak point.

Galchenyuk averages 50pts/yr, all of 5 more points last year than a guy who only had 5g on one of worst teams in NHL.

I'n saying he only had 5 last year

He also scored 9 goals the year before

The fact his shooting percentage has fallen from 11.5 as a rookie to 8.3 in his second year and 6 this year after his hand injury in his second year is the biggest concern

Do you think he can get back to the 15-20 range? Thats where he's going to need to be... plus outproduce Galchenyuk on assists... for this to be a good deal. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DON said:

So you think he may put up only 5g next year...or just keep saying 5g as cheap way to try and make a weak point.

Galchenyuk averages 50pts/yr, all of 5 more points last year than a guy who only had 5g on one of worst teams in NHL.

Montreal was one of the worst teams in the NHL last yeah too, eh?

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I'n saying he only had 5 last year

He also scored 9 goals the year before

The fact his shooting percentage has fallen from 11.5 as a rookie to 8.3 in his second year and 6 this year after his hand injury in his second year is the biggest concern

It's a serious concern.

So is the fact that nearly everyone agrees we traded away the player with the higher ceiling.

And so is the fact that we traded that player - one of our better trade chips - without addressing any actual team needs.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, DON said:

No, he’s saying 5 goals isn’t the high bar. I’m pretty sure Commandant would bet Domi will score between 10-15 non-empty netters next year.

Personally I think an improvement is imminent. My bet is around 15 goals and 35 assists. 

Id still prefer Galchenyuk, although I like Domi.