Galchenyuk traded for Domi

Metallica

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

He did show progress, but I think Galy was already a marked man by management. Basically, they didn't like him. As with Subban, that's all that counts in this gong show of an organization.

Too little improvement too late for a 3rd overall that was hoped to be a 1c

next!

4 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Bold predictions..

Domi finishes this season with more points than Galchenyuk.

Tatar finishes this season with more points than Pacioretty.

Domi is a good bet as Galchenyuk appears to have suffered a serious knee injury in camp

The second one is really bold

6 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

I think he was referring to Shaw.

Either way...

He said  "I hated this deal from day one and Domi so far has proven we gave up a top 6 forward for someone who is not even worthy of playing for Rockets. 

Now the team is stuck with him either warming the benches or watching from the press box."

He mentioned Domi by name.  He also refers to us giving up a top six forward (we only gave draft picks for shaw).

So i think he meant Domi.

4 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Bold predictions..

Domi finishes this season with more points than Galchenyuk.

Tatar finishes this season with more points than Pacioretty.

Only if PACs and Galchenyuk are injured.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It's a stupid trade predicated on arbitrary considerations ('attitude') rather than hockey skills. However, if Galy has a serious injury, the Habs will benefit in the short term. So there's that.

It's truly sad if the only hope for the Habs benefiting from the trade is an injury to Galy.  We all know they lost the trade big time. Skill for stupid toughness that only hurts the team. They just have to hope their PK and Price will keep bailing them out from Domi's dumb moves for the rest of his time in Montreal. 

Bold Prediction Domi will have  a shorter career than his dad, because at least his dad could fight and the league needed goons back then.   

44 minutes ago, Richard09 said:

It's truly sad if the only hope for the Habs benefiting from the trade is an injury to Galy.  We all know they lost the trade big time. Skill for stupid toughness that only hurts the team. They just have to hope their PK and Price will keep bailing them out from Domi's dumb moves for the rest of his time in Montreal. 

Bold Prediction Domi will have  a shorter career than his dad, because at least his dad could fight and the league needed goons back then.   

I think you're a bit hard on Domi, who did get 40+ points last season and is more than just 'stupid toughness.' He's a decent player. But the trade is basically a downgrade in talent for a supposed upgrade in 'attitude;' in other words, more dumb-ass thinking from dumb-ass management, a prototypical MB move in that it doesn't solve any actual problems and weakens our overall talent level. Fortunately for Mr. Attitude, Galy may be seriously injured, so he can smugly point to that as 'proof' of his shrewd GMing.

1 hour ago, Richard09 said:

Domi is not a goon....

Jesus christ.

The trade is a loss because chuck is better... but hes a skilled player... hes not a tough guy.

He has 7 fights in 3 nhl seasons... and 135 points in 222 games

He is tough to compare at this point but I think maybe Michael Peca would be the comparison. A guy with skill who does some seriously boneheaded decisions from time to time that gets remembered more than anything skill wise he does on the ice. Maybe sprinkle a little Darcy Tucker in there but Tucker knew how to get the puck in the net.

He isn't a goon in role but he's definitely a goon in spirit. I'm guessing this will be just the first of the moronic decisions he makes as a Hab. Him and Shaw on the ice at the same time will be like two time bombs ready to blow each other up. The perfect guys to have when you want to go nowhere but down in the standings.

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

He said  "I hated this deal from day one and Domi so far has proven we gave up a top 6 forward for someone who is not even worthy of playing for Rockets. 

Now the team is stuck with him either warming the benches or watching from the press box."

He mentioned Domi by name.  He also refers to us giving up a top six forward (we only gave draft picks for shaw).

So i think he meant Domi.

Ya, I noticed that after. No idea how that makes sense to someone 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

He is tough to compare at this point but I think maybe Michael Peca would be the comparison. A guy with skill who does some seriously boneheaded decisions from time to time that gets remembered more than anything skill wise he does on the ice. Maybe sprinkle a little Darcy Tucker in there but Tucker knew how to get the puck in the net.

He isn't a goon in role but he's definitely a goon in spirit. I'm guessing this will be just the first of the moronic decisions he makes as a Hab. Him and Shaw on the ice at the same time will be like two time bombs ready to blow each other up. The perfect guys to have when you want to go nowhere but down in the standings.

He made a mistake against Florida, but Domi doesn't have a history of this

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

He made a mistake against Florida, but Domi doesn't have a history of this

Flying elbow to the back of the head on Brock McGinn when he didn't have the puck. OHL only gave him four games because they are always soft on London Knights players.

Domi once grabbed a guys beard in Calgary to goad him into a fight but he wouldn't. Domi I guess wasn't mad enough to pop him.

Don't forget how he broke his hand, which was fighting Garnet Hathaway.

Like I said, he's a goon in spirit. He will throw a predatory hit if he feels justified. He will grab players and tell them to fight. He will risk his career to punch a guy during a 1-1 tie at the end of the second because Hathway tried to hit him. Arizona lost that game in OT by the way so good job energizing the bench. 

This won't be his last incident. He likely will be a good boy until December or something when a Bruins game comes up. Maybe he can start throwing with his other hand and break that so he can join Karl Alzner in needing someone to open his pickle jars. 

This feels like we traded Pierre Turgeon for Shayne Corson again. At least we did it one for one this time instead of gifting Conroy. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Flying elbow to the back of the head on Brock McGinn when he didn't have the puck. OHL only gave him four games because they are always soft on London Knights players.

Domi once grabbed a guys beard in Calgary to goad him into a fight but he wouldn't. Domi I guess wasn't mad enough to pop him.

Don't forget how he broke his hand, which was fighting Garnet Hathaway.

Like I said, he's a goon in spirit. He will throw a predatory hit if he feels justified. He will grab players and tell them to fight. He will risk his career to punch a guy during a 1-1 tie at the end of the second because Hathway tried to hit him. Arizona lost that game in OT by the way so good job energizing the bench. 

This won't be his last incident. He likely will be a good boy until December or something when a Bruins game comes up. Maybe he can start throwing with his other hand and break that so he can join Karl Alzner in needing someone to open his pickle jars. 

This feels like we traded Pierre Turgeon for Shayne Corson again. At least we did it one for one this time instead of gifting Conroy. 

And how is it a bad think to have a couple of these nasty, unpredictable, gritty/dirty players? Instead of what some call "choir boys" can't-do-no-wrong players?

I do not like useless goons in our lineup or predatory players; bit skilled middle-6 players that can be nasty: yesss!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

And how is it a bad think to have a couple of these nasty, unpredictable, gritty/dirty players? Instead of what some call "choir boys" can't-do-no-wrong players?

Because it's a symbol of mediocrity in the NHL today. 

Unpredictable means they can cost you the game by getting too many penalties. Nobody fears the Habs with Deslauriers, Shaw, Domi, and McCarron. Add Weber and still nobody is scared of this team. If Tom Wilson wants to crash Price or hit Drouin high he would have no hesitation. It's more likely he draws a penalty out of the team than any retribution occurring. 

We should be building a team that can outskate and outscore the opposition. Sure, you need some grit, but not at the expense of talent, which is what this trade did. I don't care if other teams 'fear' our physicality. I want them fearing us because we're better than them at hockey.

24 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Because it's a symbol of mediocrity in the NHL today. 

Unpredictable means they can cost you the game by getting too many penalties. Nobody fears the Habs with Deslauriers, Shaw, Domi, and McCarron. Add Weber and still nobody is scared of this team. If Tom Wilson wants to crash Price or hit Drouin high he would have no hesitation. It's more likely he draws a penalty out of the team than any retribution occurring. 

I do NOT want the Habs to goon-up

but I do not mind loosing a couple of games in the loose-for-Hughes year if these fly-weight tumblers (cannot call them fighters) go bezerk

When Kotka and Suzuki are with the club, the I would like to have mid-6 forwards and bottom-4 rear-guards able to protect them

Inenof my old-time favourite players is Nilan, and I do NOT want a player like that in 2018. But I am fine with Shaw and Domi on the lineup

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

We should be building a team that can outskate and outscore the opposition. Sure, you need some grit, but not at the expense of talent, which is what this trade did. I don't care if other teams 'fear' our physicality. I want them fearing us because we're better than them at hockey.

I agree with you. But Indo not mind Shaw, Domi in our lineup this year 

7 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I'm fine with it because it guarantees we losing 40 games again. 

I just don't want anyone to think it's a recipe for success just because Tom Wilson got away with near murder.

8 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Sure, I hate neither Shaw nor Domi. They're legit NHLers (a 2nd liner in one case, a 3rd liner in the other) and anyone who has praised Gallagher's agitating game can't really turn around and condemn those guys for also playing that way. My beef is just that we overpaid for Domi due to management's stupidity towards Galchenyuk.

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Sure, I hate neither Shaw nor Domi. They're legit NHLers (a 2nd liner in one case, a 3rd liner in the other) and anyone who has praised Gallagher's agitating game can't really turn around and condemn those guys for also playing that way. My beef is just that we overpaid for Domi due to management's stupidity towards Galchenyuk.

10 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

It's a good point...the only way to not be frustrated by the Habs' idiot managment is to surrender all critical judgement and just roll with the pointless stupidity.

11 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It's a good point...the only way to not be frustrated by the Habs' idiot managment is to surrender all critical judgement and just roll with the pointless stupidity.

That's the spirit!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

20130109.png

Ha! Ha! Ha! Good one Machine :lol:

I am thinking this club is grrreat!!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tony_the_Tiger_(Kellogg's_Frosted_Flakes'_mascot).jpg