2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

dlbalr

Great choice, kudos to Bergevin to go for a long term choice instead of an NHL ready pick that could name him look good tonsave his job

Now let's see what we get get with our 4 senconds tomorrow 

4 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

How can you be pissed with this pick 

I'm a BPA guy, not a 'positional need' guy when the guy doesn't look like he has first line (or first pair in the case of D) potential when you're talking early 1st round. 

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Hayton goes 5th to Arizona - I did not see that one coming.

Yeah I agree.   They must have really wanted a center.

6 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Pissed with the pick...officially on the record predicting Kotkaniemi will not be a #1C

Not surprised, your pissed at anything MB and TT do

Chill a little  sbhatt

Commandant was clearly correct that there was very little separation for several picks after #2. Good call Commandant!

The Habs get a rangy C with top-6 potential. I'm not going to complain. As for BPA, that's the point - it was anything but clear cut.

5 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Not surprised, your pissed at anything MB and TT do

Chill a little  sbhatt

The results speak for themselves, don't they? 

The Montreal Canadiens are a cellar dweller with an nearly bare cupboard prospect-wise...I will not 'chill'.

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Commandant was clearly correct that there was very little separation for several picks after #2. Good call Commandant!

The Habs get a rangy C with top-6 potential. I'm not going to complain. As for BPA, that's the point - it was anything but clear cut.

We’ll see if that turns out to be the case. Right now, Zadina is definitely the better player statistically. Long term, we needed a center.

I wish Zadina ended up getting picked outside of the division. 

3 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

The results speak for themselves, don't they? 

The Montreal Canadiens are a cellar dweller with an nearly bare cupboard prospect-wise...I will not 'chill'.

I'd guess that Tkachuk was next on their list after Whatsisface. Maybe you should count your blessings

3 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

He will rip plenty of pucks past our goaltenders in the years to come.

5 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

We’ll see if that turns out to be the case. Right now, Zadina is definitely the better player statistically. Long term, we needed a center.

Canucks will take Zadina

Oops scratch thatn?

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I'd guess that Tkachuk was next on their list after Whatsisface. Maybe you should count your blessings

Neither was the right choice.  Our turd of a GM picked player 1 I would not have wasted such a high pick on, and the equally turdish Dorion snapped up the second player I would not have wasted such a high pick on.  MB and Dorion, peas in a futility pod.

4 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Zadina seems a bit full on himself...

I want to see swagger in guys who are supposed to fill the net.  Ovi has it, Laine has it...ect

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Red Wings did already...

Yeah, sorry.

People are acting way too confident in their assessments of these kids. Enough scouting reports did NOT have Zadina at #3 that I am not going to panic about him. I still remember the internet rage when we passed on Brule. I also remember the triumphant excitement when we drafted our future #1C phenom Alex Galchenyuk :rolleyes: It's just premature to freak out one way pr the other

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Neither was the right choice.  Our turd of a GM picked player 1 I would not have wasted such a high pick on, and the equally turdish Dorion snapped up the second player I would not have wasted such a high pick on.  MB and Dorion, peas in a futility pod.

Hey when MB finally gets fired, our next GM will probably be Dorian.

8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, sorry.

People are acting way too confident in their assessments of these kids. Enough scouting reports did NOT have Zadina at #3 that I am not going to panic about him. I still remember the internet rage when we passed on Brule.

Based on their point totals last year, Svechnikov would have had 40 points in the NHL. Zadina would have had roughly 30. The Tkachuks and Kotkaniemis would have gotten something in the 20s. It’s not the end all be all of what their future brings but if that supports evidence that Svechnikov was clearly ahead of the pack, I think it supports that there actually was slight separation between Zadina and the next batch. Clearly there’s more to it since some other teams passed up on Zadina as well. 

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, sorry.

People are acting way too confident in their assessments of these kids. Enough scouting reports did NOT have Zadina at #3 that I am not going to panic about him.

Thank you. There was absolutely no sense of consensus for Zadina at 3rd for a month before he draft. I think the sens should have taken him, but the fact that he went 6th says at least something. 

I think Kotkaniemi will turn out to be a Dubois like pick. Not popular at the time, but he turns into a two way 60+ point center for us by 2020. 

• Upvote 1