2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

dlbalr

28 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

NHL.com will have rounds 2-7. They are just notoriously bad at promoting it, and even making it easy to find. 

Thanks Trizzak.  I already had it bookmarked but due to "you never know if it will work" and having to wait until 11ET just to find out it's a failed NHL stream (not allowed in Canada) but you just confirmed for me it'll work.

Cheers!  Christmas NHL style part deux.  And, are we going to now get the trades?  Or do we have to wait 8 days for Christmas part trois?

18 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

With Thomas, Olofsson, McLeod, and Groulx all still on the board, I wouldn't be surprised if one of Montreal's first two picks today is among this group. 

Unless of course Bergevin trades some of those picks.

I'm excited to see who they pick with all of those 2nd & 3rd round picks.  One kid that I'm hoping they draft is Jake Wise, a small-ish center but stocky, with good hockey sense, playmaking ability and a great defensive game.  He's rated anywhere from the mid-2nd round to 3rd round depending on the draft guides. 

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

McIsaac is my want in round 2

I'd be alright with him - I had him going to Ottawa at 22nd.  I wouldn't mind Serron Noel either - middle-six winger with size (and shoots right, an area of extreme need in the organization up front).

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Alexander Romanov, a d-man at 38.

The Romanov pick seems to me like a reach since he was rated much lower.   Bode Wilde would have been a safer pick there.  

I do like the Ylonen selection though.

I gotta say i'm a little unimpressed with our first two 2nd round picks. Maybe it's because I don't know much about them, maybe its because I just saw that Romanov was ranked 93rd and we picked him 38th! WTF!?!?!  Am I wrong to feel this way?

What a reach on that dman, holy cow. 

I'm thinking one of those centers would have been better than either pick. 

I guess there is a reason habs are 29th over the past 10 years with draft picks actually playing. 

This is a terrible draft...Habs management have zero concept of value.  They stretched for the 3rd overall pick but it was probably not terrible if there were no deals to drop a few picks.  Reaching this much in the second round is just brutal.  There are plenty of players ranked well ahead of the guys selected and Romanov probably has over 100 prospects ranked ahead of him.  There is no need to fall in love and overdraft with this many picks.  It would be hard to screw up this draft with the 3rd overall and 8 more picks between rounds 2-4.  They are well on their way to a failing grade.

Well, the Habs didn’t get him but at least I get to watch Akil Thomas dominate here in Los Angeles now :cry_smile:

4 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Romanov? Have they gone insane?

Probably hoping he turns into Andrei Markov version 2...

• Upvote 1