2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

dlbalr

4 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I know they don't really exist this late in the draft. but can we please draft someone who shoots at some point? 

Why?  Haven't you heard that goals aren't important anymore?  It's all about character now.

4 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I know they don't really exist this late in the draft. but can we please draft someone who shoots at some point? 

All the picks now are either projects or kids with only a couple notable tools.  You can get shooters still but they may not be great skaters, could be poor defenders, or could just be very raw but have the physical tools (that last one isn't good for the Habs considering their development program is so poor).

5 minutes ago, Zowpeb said:

All the picks now are either projects or kids with only a couple notable tools.  You can get shooters still but they may not be great skaters, could be poor defenders, or could just be very raw but have the physical tools (that last one isn't good for the Habs considering their development program is so poor).

One defensively poor sniper please. 

8 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Looks like Alex Khavanov is still available. Would love for him to drop to us. Or move up to get him.

Oh you mean Khovanov?   Yeah I'm surprised he hasn't been taken so far.  But missing half a season [due to hepatitis from a trip to the Caribbean] means he wasn't as exposed to the visiting scouts.

8 minutes ago, habscout said:

Oh you mean Khovanov?   Yeah I'm surprised he hasn't been taken so far.  But missing half a season [due to hepatitis from a trip to the Caribbean] means he wasn't as exposed to the visiting scouts.

Just went 86th to Minnesota.

11 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

One defensively poor sniper please. 

Any defensive liability will be result in few call-ups, where said prospect will get 4-5min of icetime playing with incompatible stone-handed 4th linemates.  Of course this will  make them look terrible, ensuring their return to Laval is imminent and their development nonexistent.

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Just went 86th to Minnesota.

I knew that was going to happen.  Not the Minnesota part, just that he would be drafted just after I mentioned I was surprised he was still around.

6 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Any defensive liability will be result in few call-ups, where said prospect will get 4-5min of icetime playing with incompatible stone-handed 4th linemates.  Of course this will  make them look terrible, ensuring their return to Laval is imminent and their development nonexistent.

dude, go have a nap.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zowpeb said:

This is not true. This draft has been all over the place. There's some players who could develop into being top players. This is where you find boom/bust players. Most players don't make it, sure, but that doesn't mean you can't find a Brayden Point or a Brendan Gallagher.

10 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

This is fair comment if you ask me. The only players the Habs seem able to develop are super-coachable, hard-working, two-way types. In other words, players that require very little 'development' in the first place. Highly talented oddballs, one-dimensional offensive guys, etc? Forget it. Bergevin finds them irritating, so who cares if they help the team win.

51 minutes ago, Chris said:

Eller is a solid NHL 3rd line center. Teams need that.

The habs in typical habs fashion moved him to the wing for some reason, never gave him a roll

What are you talking about? Eller played the majority of his habs career at C... only a bit part on the wing...