2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

dlbalr

7 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

I think he has a higher floor. I feel confident he will be at the bottom a top 6 center, that’s why I’m ok. He also has the ability to develop and become the 70 point center we need. Don’t personally feel like he’ll ever approach 80. A not quite Kopitar at peak, a plex type floor (obviously anyone can bust though).

But the million dollar question is who will develop him?

30 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Ya, of course. 

... ... ... but Veleno tho. 

Rangers will take Veleno.  Centers are going like hotcakes!

5 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Sorry, let me be more specific: average Plekanec, not 'peak' Plekanec. 

Nothing like hating on a player before he even plays an NHL game, everyone on the panel comparing him to Kopitar, and you are sitting in here with some crystal ball and who knows how many Kotkaniemi games watched predicting he is an average Plekanec...

I get it, you don't like the pick, can't you just leave it at that or does the absurd baseless doomsday predictions have to come standard?

This is why our fanbase sucks sometimes, there was virtually no WRONG pick to be made by us in that spot except Tkachuk probably, we could have took Zadina, Hughes, Kotkaniemi, Wahlstrom and none would have been the wrong pick. All are great young players for their own reasons, but not here in Montreal, nope, here, we already know Kotkaniemi is an average 50 point player being taken 3rd overall, a flop waiting to happen.

Give me a break..

9 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Good job for LWOS getting a plug from Sportsnet.

Can't wait to see the next garbage pick from Ottawa.

Thanks was pumped to see our quote go up

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Question: Have you ever seen him play?

I've watched the stuff on youtube, yes.  Hence my gut feeling....I would have no feeling about him at all if I hadn't.  When I watch a prospect's highlights, I generally ask myself if their best stuff is likely to translate to the NHL; I don't think his best offensive moments will nearly often enough to justify going 3rd overall.

10 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I've watched the stuff on youtube, yes.  Hence my gut feeling....I would have no feeling about him at all if I hadn't.  When I watch a prospect's highlights, I generally ask myself if their best stuff is likely to translate to the NHL; I don't think his best offensive moments will nearly often enough to justify going 3rd overall.

Personally I think his highlights make him look great. Good hand in tight, crisp passes, accurate shot. Slightly lacking too end speed and agility. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Make a deal with Chicago! Draft Veleno!

Chicago 1st and Marian Hossa for Toronto's 2nd round pick.

We have cap space, use it!

Why is Veleno dropping?

9 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Why aren’t we trading up? 

Any chance he drops to where we can grab him?

7 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

Any chance he drops to where we can grab him?

I’d think he’s already there. If he’s dropped this far, either teams value every single player left highly, or don’t like him. I’d offer a solid young player we have and the 35th. But I also don’t know what the GMs know. Here’s to hoping he’s dropping for a dumb reason and our dreams come true 

50 minutes ago, Link67 said:

Nothing like hating on a player before he even plays an NHL game, everyone on the panel comparing him to Kopitar, and you are sitting in here with some crystal ball and who knows how many Kotkaniemi games watched predicting he is an average Plekanec...

I get it, you don't like the pick, can't you just leave it at that or does the absurd baseless doomsday predictions have to come standard?

This is why our fanbase sucks sometimes, there was virtually no WRONG pick to be made by us in that spot except Tkachuk probably, we could have took Zadina, Hughes, Kotkaniemi, Wahlstrom and none would have been the wrong pick. All are great young players for their own reasons, but not here in Montreal, nope, here, we already know Kotkaniemi is an average 50 point player being taken 3rd overall, a flop waiting to happen.

Give me a break..

Hahaha... we're depressed.