Max Pacioretty Watch

Thought we should have a thread for this.

Today, Max Pacioretty fired his agent Pat Brisson. Brisson said it was mutual because of course he would. Pacioretty then immediately hired Allan Walsh, who doesn't have the greatest relationship with Bergevin and the Canadiens (though he does represent Drouin.) There was then a rumour that Montreal was going to make a big trade with San Jose. Bergevin was seen talking to Walsh for 10+ minutes, and soon we heard that there was no trade.

Are these signs that Pacioretty is soon out the door, or signs that Pacioretty could have been unhappy with Brisson and wanted a new agent to make his next contract? This is the second agent he has fired in his career.

The Habs have had some other dealings with Walsh lately as well - Jakub Jerabek, Michal Moravcik, and David Sklenicka.  It seems like Montreal has been dealing more than usual with him as of late.  I think this could actually increase his odds of staying.

14 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Thought we should have a thread for this.

Today, Max Pacioretty fired his agent Pat Brisson. Brisson said it was mutual because of course he would. Pacioretty then immediately hired Allan Walsh, who doesn't have the greatest relationship with Bergevin and the Canadiens (though he does represent Drouin.) There was then a rumour that Montreal was going to make a big trade with San Jose. Bergevin was seen talking to Walsh for 10+ minutes, and soon we heard that there was no trade.

Are these signs that Pacioretty is soon out the door, or signs that Pacioretty could have been unhappy with Brisson and wanted a new agent to make his next contract? This is the second agent he has fired in his career.

It's really strange. I have no idea what to make of it. 

My wild guess is that Patches is deeply unhappy with his last contract and that perhaps Brisson gave him an estimate or projection for his next contract that Patches didn't like. In other words, Patches is out for blood when it comes to his next deal.

Again, just a wild guess.

14 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It's really strange. I have no idea what to make of it. 

My wild guess is that Patches is deeply unhappy with his last contract and that perhaps Brisson gave him an estimate or projection for his next contract that Patches didn't like. In other words, Patches is out for blood when it comes to his next deal.

Again, just a wild guess.

The first agent got fired because of his disappointment with the contract.

Brisson has been his agent since, so firing him a year prior to his "bad" contract being up could mean that, or could mean Brisson has been pushing him towards free agency and he wants to re-sign, or...  Brisson wanted him to re-sign and he wants out.

Could be anything. But it at least represents movement.

I think some dominoes have to fall before a deal can get done. One was the kings sign Ilya , 2) will be JT, 3) will be O'Reilly, 4) will be Skinner.  Once these moves are done that will leave Pacioretty 

I would like to see a (#1 Unicone) C come back for Max but if it is to be a D can MB do something to get S. Theodore out of Vegas for us?

Something needs to happen

current LW                                          Current C                        current RW

Pacs                                                    Danault                           Gallager

Droiun                                                 DLR                                  Shaw

Domi                                                                                             carr

Lehkonen                                                                                     Sherbak

Byron

Des;laurias 

and some others

LD                                 Rd

reilly                             weber 

mete                            petry

alzner                           juulson

valiav

Benn and Schlemko are either side i guess, they are equally slow on either side

2 czechs i nevere heard of

This team is so imbalanced, MB made the mess. Now he has to fix the mess

Lose for Hughes with the current lineup

21 minutes ago, ehjay said:

I would like to see a (#1 Unicone) C come back for Max but if it is to be a D can MB do something to get S. Theodore out of Vegas for us?

How about Lindholm from the ducks for a LD?

Domi Drouin Gallagher

Pacioretty Danault Byron

Lehkonen Kotkaniemi Scherbak

Hudon Plekanec Shaw

Deslauriers delaRose Vejdemo

32 minutes ago, Metallica said:

How about Lindholm from the ducks for a LD?

Unless we get a top centre we should be trying to lose.  Doesn’t matter about plugging the holes on defence if you have no assets left to get a centre. MB traded Subban, Sergechev and galchenyuk in successive years and instead of adding a centre, we subtracted one.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Unless we get a top centre we should be trying to lose.  Doesn’t matter about plugging the holes on defence if you have no assets left to get a centre. MB traded Subban, Sergechev and galchenyuk in successive years and instead of adding a centre, we subtracted one.

We're retooling not rebuilding so if we're trading Pacioretty we are getting a established player back . Bergevin is holding out tell he gets what he wants 

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Was just going to post this, looks like if kings lost out on Ilya they were going to get Pacioretty. Wonder who habs were getting back 

Co-worker said he saw a report earlier this afternoon that a sports talk-radio show in L.A said word on the draft floor was a deal was done with L.A and Montreal which included Pacioretty and high ranked prospects from the Kings's system. The deal hinged on Pacioretty signing long term with the Kings, after the contract extension negotiation went south this morning, the deal was off, and they signed Kovalchuk a couple hours later.

Now hours after that, we find out Pacioretty fires his agent and goes in a different direction. It certainly seems to add up to one big picture now that he fired his agent, one thing seems pretty certain though, L.A is no longer in the race for him now after giving Kovy 6.25 per. Bergevin could have also been talking to Walsh for those 10 min. about what transpired earlier in the day, and regarding future contract negotiations with potential trade partners. They are likely all going to want Pacioretty locked up beyond just this season to give up any type of big package for him. It is really in Pacioretty and Bergevin's mutual best interest that the Agent be able to workout a good and acceptable extension to facilitate a trade with whoever is trying to acquire him.

Who knows I guess..

*insert Days of our Lives Theme*

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JGC21 said:

Doubtful he gets traded at this point.  MB signs Stastny in FA and the team is ready for next season IMO.

Stastny or i don't want to say his name but Bozak 

13 hours ago, JGC21 said:

Doubtful he gets traded at this point.  MB signs Stastny in FA and the team is ready for next season IMO.

Current Stastny rumour is he wants to return to a former destination, either Winnipeg, St. Louis, or Colorado.

Bozak has no rumour. He could go anywhere.

Even more of a wildcard is Riley Nash, who had a career season at 29 and will probably be a third line kinda guy but might get overpaid by someone like Bonino did.

It's entirely possible that Tavares stays in Long Island, Stastny goes back to Colorado, Bozak signs in Dallas, and the Habs are left with kicking a can for Riley Nash or "the answer is in the locker since nobody is going to step in and save them"

Maybe we should make a deal with Dallas in the desperate hope that Spezza can recover some kind of form for the last year of his contract. Seriously. This might be worth thinking about.

10 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Maybe we should make a deal with Dallas in the desperate hope that Spezza can recover some kind of form for the last year of his contract. Seriously. This might be worth thinking about.

Dallas would probably sell cheap.  They were considering buying him out

Of course Montreal was on Spezza's No-Trade list when he was in Ottawa

That said, given our cap space, I'd consider this as a low cost move. 

I think we are gonna end up making an O'Reilly trade. 

13 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Dallas would probably sell cheap.  They were considering buying him out

Of course Montreal was on Spezza's No-Trade list when he was in Ottawa

That said, given our cap space, I'd consider this as a low cost move. 

I think we are gonna end up making an O'Reilly trade. 

I hope you're right about ROR.

As for Spezza, yes, it would be a low-cost move, and however he feels about Montreal, no other franchise would give him such a great opportunity to play big minutes and prove he can still handle a top-6 role. 

• Like 1

Spezza is an interesting short term solution i'd consider because he likely ends up being a cheaper cap dump by Dallas especially if they are deep in the Tavares race. My only concern is he is far from a Julien type of player.

ROR AND Spezza however could be something very interesting for our top 6 if we have no chance at all at Tavares anyway. Also buys some time for the future centers to develop and come in when the keys are ready to be handed over.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

I know you guys hate Hanzal, but i would rather take a risk on him. Dallas retains a million in salary. 

Nope, not a chance, I chuckled when everyone was going on about how good Dallas did in the UFA market last summer but I knew Hanzal was going to be a dud who was now overpaid and struggle to hit 40 points, there are multiple posts on here somewhere by me last summer where I reiterate that.