Max Pacioretty Watch

17 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

ROR: Realistic acquisition

Toews: Bowman will not trade him

Trochek: Florida is stupid but not that stupid, he won't be traded

This is why trying to get a top six centre is a waste of time right now. Develop one.

ROR= 2nd line CTR
Toews=1st line CTR
Trochek, we have the assets to make this trade happen, if huberdeau is involved it might work.

Development doesn't solve the problem which has been black and white for years, we might not be a contender by the time the 1A CTR pans

12 minutes ago, l<OV4L3V said:

Trochek, we have the assets to make this trade happen, if huberdeau is involved it might work.

Development doesn't solve the problem which has been black and white for years, we might not be a contender by the time the 1A CTR pans

We do not have the assets for Huberdeau or Trochek. 

We are not a contender now, nor will we be for a long time. Add Tavares and we wouldn't be much better than the Islanders he had left.

11 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

We do not have the assets for Huberdeau or Trochek

We are not a contender now, nor will we be for a long time. Add Tavares and we wouldn't be much better than the Islanders he had left.

his name is Carey Price! add Pac? send Luongo Trochek Huberdeau back thats a KO for bergevin on the rebuild.   

7 minutes ago, l<OV4L3V said:

his name is Carey Price! add Pac? send Luongo Trochek Huberdeau back thats a KO for bergevin on the rebuild.   

I would never make that deal if I’m Florida.  As a habs fan I’d do it in a. Heartbeat, but why would Florida guy it’s team for Price who is coming off his worst year and has battled injuries for pretty much the last 3 years???

i could see an opportunity to move Weber or price elsewhere and that is what MB should be doing rather than waiting for their value to decline as they age and we keep losing.  I bet my next year Weber will be asking for a trade.

1 hour ago, l<OV4L3V said:

ROR= 2nd line CTR
Toews=1st line CTR

Go look at Toews point totals recently

For 3 million dollars more per season, you get the same numbers as O'Reilly

On 2018-06-27 at 9:08 AM, Commandant said:

Go look at Toews point totals recently

For 3 million dollars more per season, you get the same numbers as O'Reilly

Can a player like ROR thrive in a Claude Julien system?

4 minutes ago, l<OV4L3V said:

A player like ROR is perfect for a Claude Julien system. 

What he is today is what Tomas Plekanec was in his prime, minus the penalties. 

5 minutes ago, l<OV4L3V said:

In terms of getting a lot more points, probably not.  In terms of being an overall high impact player (role, ice time, etc), I think he'd definitely thrive under Julien.

On 6/24/2018 at 11:39 AM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Maybe we should make a deal with Dallas in the desperate hope that Spezza can recover some kind of form for the last year of his contract. Seriously. This might be worth thinking about.

On 6/24/2018 at 11:48 AM, Commandant said:

Dallas would probably sell cheap.  They were considering buying him out

Of course Montreal was on Spezza's No-Trade list when he was in Ottawa

I would prefer they picked up Spezza instead of signing Plekanec. They have both slowed down but Spezza could be the 3C on the Canadiens team, letting DLR drop down to 4C and lettign him win the 3C back.

But Spezza won't help the CH much

3 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I would prefer they picked up Spezza instead of signing Plekanec. They have both slowed down but Spezza could be the 3C on the Canadiens team, letting DLR drop down to 4C and lettign him win the 3C back.

But Spezza won't help the CH much

Spezza would be the 1C here.

4 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Spezza would be the 1C here.

I do not think that is realistic. He may be an upgrade on Danault, and I would love to add Spezza to the lineup; but expecting him to be the 1C is the samae as expecting Schlemko to be the top LD!

For tanking reason, I would sign Spezza and pair him with Pacioretty and Lehkonne. But I would then trade Pacioretty and Spezza at the trade deadline for draft picks.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I do not think that is realistic. He may be an upgrade on Danault, and I would love to add Spezza to the lineup; but expecting him to be the 1C is the samae as expecting Schlemko to be the top LD!

For tanking reason, I would sign Spezza and pair him with Pacioretty and Lehkonne. But I would then trade Pacioretty and Spezza at the trade deadline for draft picks.

I'll take that one back, I thought he had 40 points. Only 28? Yeah that's... 3Cish.

Spezza was denied PP time last season and basically thrown on the rubbish bin by Hitchcock.

He may well be done like dinner - it's not as though I watched him carefully last season. But he would certainly get offensive opportunities, plum PP time, etc., on the Habs. Guys who have horrible seasons like that sometimes redouble their offseason efforts and determination and put together a quality year or two before finally crapping out for good. The point is that he would be a good bet to get more than 28 (!) points on the Habs and might add some playmaking C moxy to a squad in desperate need of it. He's not a guy you expect big things out of; he's a guy you take a flyer on in the hope of getting rewarded.

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Spezza was denied PP time last season and basically thrown on the rubbish bin by Hitchcock.

He may well be done like dinner - it's not as though I watched him carefully last season. But he would certainly get offensive opportunities, plum PP time, etc., on the Habs. Guys who have horrible seasons like that sometimes redouble their offseason efforts and determination and put together a quality year or two before finally crapping out for good. The point is that he would be a good bet to get more than 28 (!) points on the Habs and might add some playmaking C moxy to a squad in desperate need of it. He's not a guy you expect big things out of; he's a guy you take a flyer on in the hope of getting rewarded.

I get it, like Hemsky :)

5 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I get it, like Hemsky :)

Ha ha, yes. Like Hemsky.

With the difference that Hemsky was an oft-injured erratic player for his entire career. Spezza having a much higher pedigree, he's a better bet to bounce back with some decent play. Not that I'm claiming that he *will* do so with any certainty. Like I say, he's a low-cost guy worth taking a flyer on.

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I'll take that one back, I thought he had 40 points. Only 28? Yeah that's... 3Cish.

28 on third line rw with limited pp time.

50 the year before.

Id try him

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

28 on third line rw with limited pp time.

50 the year before.

Id try him

Looks like a Plekanec-like decline in production...

15 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Looks like a Plekanec-like decline in production...

Indeed...although I believe Pleks' decline occurred without any change in his usage, so that might be a salient difference

Spezza's decline will be different than Plekanec's honestly, very different styles of play.

Pleks relied on speed and pace to create offence, once he lost the step he did, he seemed to always be one step behind things in the offensive zone, but always on it defensively. A guy like Spezza never relied on speed, has always relied on high end skill and talent, along with superb vision, those are the types of things that never decline, so as he gets slower it affects his game less since speed was never a major contributing factor to his success to begin with.

Spezza playing on the 2nd line with some speedy wingers, and getting some top knotch PP time can still be a productive Center. It would be an inexpensive short term solution for this year, and if he does turn it around we could move him to a contender, with renewed value, acquiring more assets from an expiring contract. Its the perfect short term fix, buy low sell high potential situation, should be looked at quite seriously.

On 2018-06-28 at 11:25 AM, Commandant said:

A player like ROR is perfect for a Claude Julien system. 

What he is today is what Tomas Plekanec was in his prime, minus the penalties. 

I guess ROR was wishful thinking, 

now that the dominoes have fallen, who are the remaining candidates beyond Spezza and an outside chance on Trochek in a trade? 

5 hours ago, l<OV4L3V said:

I guess ROR was wishful thinking, 

now that the dominoes have fallen, who are the remaining candidates beyond Spezza and an outside chance on Trochek in a trade? 

We have absolutely nothing to offer that would get us Trocheck, unless Talon has a brain cramp or is hedging on us winning the lottery the next 2 years (real possibility) and wants our next 2 #1's and our first pick form this year.

Our top assets Price (they don't need unless they can dump Luongo), Weber, Pacioretty and Gallagher and going to get Trocheck.  We have absolutely nothing to offer but years of future lottery picks and Floriday would not want us to get good enough to move out of a lottery position (at least that would be the Sam Pollack strategy - and Talon's not even close).