Sign in to follow this  
Machine of Loving Grace

Max Pacioretty Watch

I think more realistic would be some combination that included both of buqstad and Borgstrom.  While we would send patches/prospects/picks. Maybe Shaw? If Talon

still likes him?

I hat no idea how highly Borgstrom is thought of but I would insist on his inclusion in the trade. 

9 hours ago, l<OV4L3V said:

I guess ROR was wishful thinking, 

now that the dominoes have fallen, who are the remaining candidates beyond Spezza and an outside chance on Trochek in a trade? 

We are not getting immediate help at centre.  Not a long term option anyway.  They might go for a stop gap like Spezza to flip at the deadline, but its pretty clear the plan is to wait for Kotkaniemi, Poehling, and the rest of the centres in the system (and possibly one drafted in 2019, ie Jack Hughes) to develop and make the team. 

This is a rebuild, whether Bergevin says it or not. 

Also no chance of getting Trocheck. 

If Max is traded, i expect a young prospect, and it might not even be a centre.  With all the centres the Habs drafted, I could see them going for a LHD.

17 hours ago, Commandant said:

pretty clear the plan is to wait for Kotkaniemi, Poehling, and the rest of the centres in the system.

If Max is traded, i expect a young prospect, and it might not even be a centre.  With all the centres the Habs drafted, I could see them going for a LHD.

The prospects still beg the question, who will be the #1 C?

Max’s value might be higher as a trade deadline addition for a pushing team (heres to hoping he has 20+ in the back of the net by then). I would be disappointed if the trade didnt involve offence. Prospects make sense but I think MB would be seling Paciorettys stock short without landing a NHL ready asset in return. 

2 hours ago, l<OV4L3V said:

The prospects still beg the question, who will be the #1 C?

Max’s value might be higher as a trade deadline addition for a pushing team (heres to hoping he has 20+ in the back of the net by then). I would be disappointed if the trade didnt involve offence. Prospects make sense but I think MB would be seling Paciorettys stock short without landing a NHL ready asset in return. 

The plan is clearly that Kotkaniemi is the eventual number 1 c. No prospect is guaranteed but thats the clear plan at this point.

As for max's return. We are rebuilding.  Id rather a higher ceiling prospect than lower ceiling nhl player at this point

• Upvote 1

At this point, i really think they (Habs leadership and Max and Walsh) need to have a heart to heart sit down but that doesn't seem like a natural fit for Bergevin's old school ways.

Max scores goals, we need goals.  Habs need leadership and consistency in a captain, that's not Max's forte.  No i don't like how he disappears at times which is why he needs to not be the captain anymore (never should have been frankly). But we need his goals.

The sit down needs to get Max to agree to giving up the captaincy and the Habs need to buck up and pay the man (not 8x8) but also not 6x6.  I'll leave the financial details to others.  If this team really needs an attitude adjustment, it will not occur with Max having the C.  

Also, this works for the retool/rebuild plan as well as long as we can sign Max to a decent deal and he returns to form his value will increase to where it should net us a stronger return at the deadline.

Something has got to give and I think both sides need to have their egos checked, focus on the team and figure out a way forward to benefit all sides.  As it is now, the future with Max is yet another tale of an asset being devalued...a hallmark of Bergevin's legacy.

At Max's age... and his reliance on speed... and us not competing for at least 2-3 years.  I have no interest in a 7-8 year deal for him.  

Get younger.  Speed up the rebuild.

28 minutes ago, Commandant said:

At Max's age... and his reliance on speed... and us not competing for at least 2-3 years.  I have no interest in a 7-8 year deal for him.  

Get younger.  Speed up the rebuild.

Yes indeed.

Also, we have wingers up the wazoo. None as good as Max, but he will be Rick Nash by the time we're any good. Move him for a promising puck-moving Markov replacement, make Weber or Gallagher the C, let's all move on with our lives. Frankly a 50-point LD will mean more to team success than a declining MaxPac.

Trade Pacs and sign Maroon...

10 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Trade Pacs and sign Maroon...

On a one-year deal to trade him at the deadline, I'd be fine with that.  

but I'm not giving Maroon term either. 

Well never mind a center they need to get back a top Defenseman in a trade for Pacioretty. This is our weaknesses point in the organization right now. Center is ok with Kotkaniemi and Poehling, plus it looks like we're in the running for another top 5 pick so that would give us another top center to add to this group.  We need Defensemen.