Tavares not coming to Montreal thread

JGC21

31 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Not because he doesn't meet Habs that Habs can't throw an 6 years 84M$ offer on July 1st...

At this point, one has to admit it looks beyond unlikely that he signs here. 

I’m going to just be generic and predict he resigns with the Islanders. Anything else would be... exciting. 

7 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

At this point, one has to admit it looks beyond unlikely that he signs here. 

I’m going to just be generic and predict he resigns with the Islanders. Anything else would be... exciting. 

Him signing inside our division is horrifying more than exciting... unless we are on the lose for hughes train.

6 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Him signing inside our division is horrifying more than exciting... unless we are on the lose for hughes train.

I’m definitely biased but I don’t see him in Toronto or Boston. Tampa would be a powerhouse with him.

I really don’t see him signing anywhere else, actually.

1) Islanders 

2) Tampa 

3) San Jose 

4) Dallas

5) Toronto

6) Montreal

7) Vegas 

Guess I don’t see him signing here in Montreal either...

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

Nashville could be good. 

Then they trade Ryan Johansen to Montreal. 

For who??shea Weber? Doubt it.

in all seriousness, I think they’d trade turris before Johansen.

Their would be a bit of masochistic glee for me if Tavares signed in Nashville and said, "I am excited to try to win a championship with my good friend PK."

Bergevin might just need 24/7 security protection for the full season.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Not because he doesn't meet Habs that Habs can't throw an 6 years 84M$ offer on July 1st...

I think he will already have re-signed with islanders by July 1, or the deal will be done as soon as free agency officially opens on July 1. And no even if we were to offer him the $14m max (maybe a bit higher now with the cap going up), I can’t see him signing with us, given that he wants to win a cup.

3 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I’m definitely biased but I don’t see him in Toronto or Boston. Tampa would be a powerhouse with him.

I really don’t see him signing anywhere else, actually.

1) Islanders 

2) Tampa 

3) San Jose 

4) Dallas

5) Toronto

6) Montreal

7) Vegas 

Guess I don’t see him signing here in Montreal either...

I think he’d sign with the hated rangers or Devils, before he signed with.  Vegas definitely has a better chance than us.

6 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Their would be a bit of masochistic glee for me if Tavares signed in Nashville and said, "I am excited to try to win a championship with my good friend PK."

Bergevin might just need 24/7 security protection for the full season.

If that ever happened, hopefully Molson would finally fire Bergevin. More likely scenario would be bergevin and Molson saying Tavares doesn’t have the attitude we were looking for.

8 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

If that ever happened, hopefully Molson would finally fire Bergevin. More likely scenario would be bergevin and Molson saying Tavares doesn’t have the attitude we were looking for.

Yeah, he doesn't beat his wife, for starters. 

I have to say i'm not really surprised with the 5 teams that Tavares will meet with. It would have been nice if he came to MTL, but I don't think any of us really thought our chances of landing him were very good to start with. It sucks, but we have to move on!

I’m somewhat surprised he didn’t entertain the Habs. Seems in the past, most major UFAs have flirted a bit with the team. I guess unlike others thought, Tavares isn’t going to have any issue getting a huge contract from any number of suitors. It’s disappointing, for sure.

1 hour ago, huzer said:

I’m somewhat surprised he didn’t entertain the Habs. Seems in the past, most major UFAs have flirted a bit with the team. I guess unlike others thought, Tavares isn’t going to have any issue getting a huge contract from any number of suitors. It’s disappointing, for sure.

About same as when Stamkos reupped with Tampa.

Just never seriously thought would be a Hab, but I said same about Petry (not even in same ballpark, but assumed he would go to free agency and sign elsewhere).

I wonder if the Montreal management team could sneak into the building pretending to be floor cleaners then lock themselves in a room with Tavares and get him to listen to them?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Metallica said:

I wonder if the Montreal management team could sneak into the building pretending to be floor cleaners then lock themselves in a room with Tavares and get him to listen to them?

So young think this management team has the brains to come up with a plan like that??  Now, on the other hand I do think that about all they are qualified to do is be janitors - and even that may be a bit of a stretch!!

17 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

So young think this management team has the brains to come up with a plan like that??  Now, on the other hand I do think that about all they are qualified to do is be janitors - and even that may be a bit of a stretch!!

I was watching mission impossible it got me thinking ?

4 hours ago, huzer said:

Some in the past used this team to get better offers. Lapointe bein the best example. Tavares isn't looking for the most money. He wants to win.

32 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Some in the past used this team to get better offers. Lapointe bein the best example. Tavares isn't looking for the most money. He wants to win.

Lapointe didn’t have as many suitors and needed to suitors to drive his price up. Tavares can probably pick from any team on the league (only one where it wouldn’t make sense are the pens), and choose where he wants to go and will get his money from anyone. He has no need to use the habs as a chip and knows there is no way he would win there, so why bother?  Hell, we were in better shape when stamkos was available and even he wasn’t interested.

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

I was watching mission impossible it got me thinking ?

I think a Jedi mind trick would be required more than the impossible mission force - the IMF wouldn’t even choose to accept this mission!