UFA Day Thread

dlbalr

As is our usual custom, here's the thread to discuss the many signings around the league from today.  (And boy, have there been a ton of them already...)  Any Montreal signings/trades will get their own thread.

Biggest surprises so far - Perron only gets $4M from St. Louis while Stastny is Vegas-bound apparently.

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Most. Boring. UFA. Day. Ever.

You missed the fun this morning then.  I think I wrote about 15 different signing writeups on PHR in the span of two hours.  That was certainly not boring.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

You missed the fun this morning then.  I think I wrote about 15 different signing writeups on PHR in the span of two hours.  That was certainly not boring.

As always, Brian, you are a candle in the darkness :thumbs_up:

Despite the fourth liners and depth guys getting crazy deals (Roussel, Beagle, Reaves, etc), some of the bigger signings have been reasonable.  Philly got van Riemsdyk at 5/35 (less term for a bit more money), Stastny at 3/19.5 (again, less term for more money), and Perron at 4/16 are all not too shabby.  In particular, I wonder if van Riemsdyk's deal will impact Pacioretty's asking price.

7 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Despite the fourth liners and depth guys getting crazy deals (Roussel, Beagle, Reaves, etc), some of the bigger signings have been reasonable.  Philly got van Riemsdyk at 5/35 (less term for a bit more money), Stastny at 3/19.5 (again, less term for more money), and Perron at 4/16 are all not too shabby.  In particular, I wonder if van Riemsdyk's deal will impact Pacioretty's asking price.

Pacioretty is going to ask for 8+ a year 

4 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Pacioretty is going to ask for 8+ a year 

That's a hard ask with what van Riemsdyk just signed for though.

Bozak 3/15 to STL.  I wonder if that takes them out of the O'Reilly sweepstakes.

44 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Looking forward to not signing any player to a stupid deal...

HEAR THAT BERGEVIN? No Alzners this year please.

Har! Har! :canada::canada:  Echo that!

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That's a hard ask with what van Riemsdyk just signed for though.

Bozak 3/15 to STL.  I wonder if that takes them out of the O'Reilly sweepstakes.

Buffalo had to pay the bonus to O'Reilly. That means the asking price went up?. I would stay away from O'Reilly. Wait it out 2 years and have Kotkaniemi and poehling as our top 2 centers.

6 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Buffalo had to pay the bonus to O'Reilly. That means the asking price went up?. I would stay away from O'Reilly. Wait it out 2 years and have Kotkaniemi and poehling as our top 2 centers.

Buffalo can trade ROR before midnight and get out of paying him the bonus.

6 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Ok ask yourself this question. If Toronto gets Tavares and we get O'Reilly. Do you think we're good enough to beat

Toronto 

Washington 

Tampa 

Pittsburgh 

In a 7 game playoff series? We're just not as deep as they are and i don't see us beating them. So i just don't think we should make that trade. I know anything could happen in a playoff run but we're not a deep team for a playoff run.