UFA Day Thread

dlbalr

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Probably why the Blues went with Bozak instead. Cheaper and available and wanted to come.

I think this puts Montreal back in the front seat for ROR. Buffalo might be fine with a different package if nobody else is offering a 1st.

Jesus, Brian. You're churning out the signing write-ups faster than TSN can put names in their tracker. Still not seeing a single Habs signing.

EDIT:Well, until 30 seconds ago.

6 minutes ago, mineral said:

Jesus, Brian. You're churning out the signing write-ups faster than TSN can put names in their tracker. Still not seeing a single Habs signing.

Plekanec was reported this morning so I had it on the site before noon.  I also had Ouellet's pre-written since they had been linked as the frontrunners to get him.  Peca and Kotkaniemi were just quickly thrown together though.

Big news on the Tavares front - reports say he is leaving the Islanders.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Yeah he's a Leaf. He pulled a LeBron. Everyone knew where he was going and he made a show of it. He even picked six teams to to be his contenders like LeBron did.

Knew it.

Man they have a good team now, if they can land a quality defender watch out.

4 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Knew it.

Man they have a good team now, if they can land a quality defender watch out.

This is a nightmare. With Auston Matthews as 2nd line C (!) the Leafs are the new Penguins. If they do not win at least one Cup, I will be shocked.

Habs signed a couple of minor leaguers; LW Kenny Agostino to one year, and C Michael Chaput to two years. 

I assume that's the Habs moving on from Cracknell and Terry?