UFA Day Thread

dlbalr

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I missed this in the press conference but per the Habs' site, they have interest in Calvin de Haan.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/marc-bergevin-banking-on-the-youth-movement/c-299381126

deHaan...yeah. That's a good call, and I hope it happens.

3 hours ago, Trizzak said:

The lines are completely interchangeable since there isn't a clear 1-2-3-4 setup. I just put a shit disturber on every line since we have so many.

It's all good, Go Habs Go *sputter* *sputter* *fizzle*  :habslogo: (let's hopefor the best :)

12 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

deHaan...yeah. That's a good call, and I hope it happens.

It sounds like the asking price is 5/25.  I'm not sure I'm rooting for the Habs to give him that deal though I do believe he'd be a good fit on the Habs.

43 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It sounds like the asking price is 5/25.  I'm not sure I'm rooting for the Habs to give him that deal though I do believe he'd be a good fit on the Habs.

If we could somehow get rid of Alzner, we could easily carry that contract...sigh.

3 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I want to take Hagelin off Pittsburgh's hands. One year at $4M. 

Sure.  He was in my article.

I think you can retain and flip a 2 time cup champ with speed at the deadline too.

Its a logjam of wingers though.

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Sure.  He was in my article.

I think you can retain and flip a 2 time cup champ with speed at the deadline too.

Its a logjam of wingers though.

Bergevin needs to move like three wingers. Pacioretty, Shaw, and Byron. Only take a winger back if it's a cap dump. Get picks back. See if Gallagher has stupid value. 

Even then you would have Domi, Lehkonen, and Hudon for the left side. Man that's a logjam.

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Bergevin needs to move like three wingers. Pacioretty, Shaw, and Byron. Only take a winger back if it's a cap dump. Get picks back. See if Gallagher has stupid value. 

Even then you would have Domi, Lehkonen, and Hudon for the left side. Man that's a logjam.

Shaw and Byron are both going to miss the start of the season.  Hard time moving them before teams see they are healthy. 

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Shaw and Byron are both going to miss the start of the season.  Hard time moving them before teams see they are healthy. 

I could see Byron still getting moved despite being hurt. Teams know what they are getting from him and he's one year. Shaw on the other hand I'll give you.

11 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I could see Byron still getting moved despite being hurt. Teams know what they are getting from him and he's one year. Shaw on the other hand I'll give you.

Sure, Byron, COULD be moved still... but are you taking a discount to move him when not healthy.