Habs re-sign Tomas Plekanec

dlbalr

5 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

3.25 mill feels like a lot, even on a one year deal. Not that we don’t have cap space

The cap hit is $2.25M.  Considering everyone signs for $1.75M these days, its a fair deal.

3 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

The cap hit is $2.25M.  Considering everyone signs for $1.75M these days, its a fair deal.

Ah, yea ok a cap hit of 2.25 is perfectly fine with me 

Welcome back Plekanec.  Nice to see him back.  I don't have an issue with this one.  1 year deal with a fair cap hit.  If the Habs suck again he can once again be moved more pick(s) and or prospect(s).  If the Habs are decent, he gives them good depth down the middle and he's a solid shut down center.

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Pleks is the team's second best C! After Philip Danault 

:rofl:

Now for old quotes:

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:33 AM, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I understand people saying we should not resign Plekanec but I’d like the Habs to do so. The problem I see is having Danault and Plekanec on the same team. It pretty much ensures at least one of them would be playing higher in the lineup than they should be.

and also

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:51 AM, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Tavares

Stastny

Bozak

J. Thornton

Plekanec

My prediction is that at least one of those centers ends up on our team next year. Take your pick of which ^_^

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:15 AM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Tavares

Stastny

Bozak

J. Thornton

Plekanec

:lol:

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Link67 said:

We did use Toronto's 2nd round pick to get him, so we'll see what the next package brings.

Yea that’s exactly what I mean, and I take that as a return every time. Olofsson is a solid prospect 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Without an NTC and at that salary, its a fantastic deal

A solid signing for sure. What surprises me, personally, is how little affection or sentimental attachment I feel for the guy, despite having respected him (and defended him against critics) for years. Am I unusual in this - ? Are most people delighted to have ol' Pleky back, or basically just regarding it as a hockey move?

10 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

A solid signing for sure. What surprises me, personally, is how little affection or sentimental attachment I feel for the guy, despite having respected him (and defended him against critics) for years. Am I unusual in this - ? Are most people delighted to have ol' Pleky back, or basically just regarding it as a hockey move?

Might it be because you've been expecting it to happen all along?  It's not like he was gone for several years and now is coming back to where it all began.  Technically, he was playing elsewhere for what, two months?  No element of surprise equals less (or no) emotion towards the signing.