Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dlbalr

Habs sign Jesperi Kotkaniemi to his ELC

Recommended Posts

 

They couldn't do this tomorrow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

They couldn't do this tomorrow?

 

Need a distraction after a dud day in free agency.

 

Bergevin's "Pocket Sand" is a french defenseman and signing their top prospect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dlbalr said:

 

 

Honestly would prefer him to play in Finland. Better competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprisingly, there are a lot of bonuses in Kotkaniemi's deal - $2.5 million per year.  (The max is $2.85 million.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/07/2018 at 9:26 AM, Machine of Loving Grace said:

 

Honestly would prefer him to play in Finland. Better competition.

I think for the competition u could be right but if his familiarity with smaller ice needs work maybe a wee bit of time with JB might not be so bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

He's playing a charity game with Saku Koivu today.

 

I miss Saku - and would love to see him involved again with the Habs in some fashion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I miss Saku - and would love to see him involved again with the Habs in some fashion. 

 

The fact he had never met Jesperi until that charity game and when someone asked him how he felt about it, all he talked about was how he was playing first line and his "little brother" Mikko was third line... I get the feeling he won't be a hockey ops guy.

 

That said, even Saku Koivu as a "Habs Ambassador" for Europe would be a nice role to see him in. Maybe like what Rejean Houle does for Habs alumni but for the European guys so they have Habs representation doing autograph signings or charity games (provide sweaters, logos, photos to autograph, etc.)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

 

The fact he had never met Jesperi until that charity game and when someone asked him how he felt about it, all he talked about was how he was playing first line and his "little brother" Mikko was third line... I get the feeling he won't be a hockey ops guy.

 

That said, even Saku Koivu as a "Habs Ambassador" for Europe would be a nice role to see him in. Maybe like what Rejean Houle does for Habs alumni but for the European guys so they have Habs representation doing autograph signings or charity games (provide sweaters, logos, photos to autograph, etc.)

 

That's a great idea. Someone should call up Molson with this proposal toot sweet!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be a good idea. Concidering how little the habs are shopped as a NHL-team in Europe compared to some other teams I think ots a good start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×