Habs sign Jesperi Kotkaniemi to his ELC

dlbalr

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They couldn't do this tomorrow?

Need a distraction after a dud day in free agency.

Bergevin's "Pocket Sand" is a french defenseman and signing their top prospect. 

• 1 month later...
On 02/07/2018 at 9:26 AM, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Honestly would prefer him to play in Finland. Better competition.

I think for the competition u could be right but if his familiarity with smaller ice needs work maybe a wee bit of time with JB might not be so bad.

23 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

He's playing a charity game with Saku Koivu today.

I miss Saku - and would love to see him involved again with the Habs in some fashion. 

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I miss Saku - and would love to see him involved again with the Habs in some fashion. 

The fact he had never met Jesperi until that charity game and when someone asked him how he felt about it, all he talked about was how he was playing first line and his "little brother" Mikko was third line... I get the feeling he won't be a hockey ops guy.

That said, even Saku Koivu as a "Habs Ambassador" for Europe would be a nice role to see him in. Maybe like what Rejean Houle does for Habs alumni but for the European guys so they have Habs representation doing autograph signings or charity games (provide sweaters, logos, photos to autograph, etc.)

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

The fact he had never met Jesperi until that charity game and when someone asked him how he felt about it, all he talked about was how he was playing first line and his "little brother" Mikko was third line... I get the feeling he won't be a hockey ops guy.

That said, even Saku Koivu as a "Habs Ambassador" for Europe would be a nice role to see him in. Maybe like what Rejean Houle does for Habs alumni but for the European guys so they have Habs representation doing autograph signings or charity games (provide sweaters, logos, photos to autograph, etc.)

That's a great idea. Someone should call up Molson with this proposal toot sweet!

• Like 1