2 Habs opt for salary arbitration

Trizzak

imho MB in arbitration hearings seems iffy :( I keep thinking about the all the negative stuff that came out of the one with the one that should not be named :/

12 minutes ago, ehjay said:

imho MB in arbitration hearings seems iffy :( I keep thinking about the all the negative stuff that came out of the one with the one that should not be named :/

White, Subban, Eller, and Galchenyuk all have applied in the past for arbitration during Bergevin's tenure. Only Subban made it to arbitration. Can't think of anyone else who actually made it to arbitration.

• Upvote 1

This could be a tough arbitration for a lot of teams.

Calgary has Lindholm. Minnesota has Dumba and Zucker. All the Rangers but especially Spooner. Stone in Ottawa. Karlsson and Miller in Vegas. Hellebuyck and Trouba in Winnipeg.  

Gotta say, Marko Dano has some guts to ask for arbitration. "I'm a draft bust and I demand compensation!"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

White, Subban, Eller, and Galchenyuk all have applied in the past for arbitration during Bergevin's tenure. Only Subban made it to arbitration. Can't think of anyone else who actually made it to arbitration.

that is the one I was thinking of. I (guess I) should check my MB hate for now. He still is gm of the Team and it's not like I will jump ship or pretend I am a fan of another team just because I feel we are worse then yotes but some how still will finish higher in the standings. 

I have said in the past I feel MB needs to take a customer service 201 but on the collection side of things. It will give him better speaking tools and technics (it didn't help me spell). I feel; in turn this will help him on many levels with contract negotiations, be it RFA, UFA or otherwise; with media and (best of all for me anyway) I might stop hearing the things I feel make him sound inept at his job. 

But like I said before: I (guess I) should check my hate for MB. he is gm of my favorite hockey team :)

Danault's hearing is the first one (July 20th) while Armia's is first on the docket for the 25th.  I think the Habs would have been hoping that Danault's would have been later on.  (Unfortunately for them, one of the better comparable players to Danault has a hearing right near the end.)