Do you think Montreal can make the playoffs this year?

huzer

Do you think Montreal can make the playoffs this year?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Montreal can make the playoffs this year?

• Yes
    • No

No chance habs get any where near the playoffs. 

Bottom 5

They haven't addressed the center position, Drouin is not a center, both his coach and GM agree, and if you watch him, he isn;t close. put him where he will be successful, wing

There defense is all bottom pair players. 

Petry is a top  4 on a team with a solid other 5 D. Habs don't have anything close to that. 

Trade Pacs, get younger. 

Lose for Hughes

3 hours ago, Chris said:

No chance habs get any where near the playoffs. 

Bottom 5

They haven't addressed the center position, Drouin is not a center, both his coach and GM agree, and if you watch him, he isn;t close. put him where he will be successful, wing

There defense is all bottom pair players. 

Petry is a top  4 on a team with a solid other 5 D. Habs don't have anything close to that. 

Trade Pacs, get younger. 

Lose for Hughes

What’s up with Lose for Hughes? Your post seems sensible until the last part but if you rationally think we probably won’t make the playoffs (which I agree with) do you rationally think the Habs will actually lose for Hughes? Whether on purpose (obviously not) or not on purpose (unlikely to end up with 1st overall pick). 

6 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

What’s up with Lose for Hughes? Your post seems sensible until the last part but if you rationally think we probably won’t make the playoffs (which I agree with) do you rationally think the Habs will actually lose for Hughes? Whether on purpose (obviously not) or not on purpose (unlikely to end up with 1st overall pick). 

It's an expression. Other forms have existed.

Fail for Nail

Skid/Suck/Slide for Stamkos

Tank for Tavares

Crash for Connor

Rhymes and alliteration 

11 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

It's an expression. Other forms have existed.

Fail for Nail

Skid/Suck/Slide for Stamkos

Tank for Tavares

Crash for Connor

Rhymes and alliteration 

I get it. It’s just never going to happen for us so it’s a little cumbersome to see fans hoping it will. I guess I take the expression too literally but sometimes I believe that people actually think it’s a realistic expectation; that we’ll actually end up drafting first overall. I wish losing for Hughes were so easy. 

16 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I get it. It’s just never going to happen for us so it’s a little cumbersome to see fans hoping it will. I guess I take the expression too literally but sometimes I believe that people actually think it’s a realistic expectation; that we’ll actually end up drafting first overall. I wish losing for Hughes were so easy. 

"It's never going to happen" is what Leafs fans said before they got Matthews. 

Either way, like I've said, I'll be more than happy to settle for Cozens. Who wouldn't want a right handed 6'3" Yukon Territory centre potential superstar?

43 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

"It's never going to happen" is what Leafs fans said before they got Matthews. 

Either way, like I've said, I'll be more than happy to settle for Cozens. Who wouldn't want a right handed 6'3" Yukon Territory centre potential superstar?

Any season our team has done well in the recent pas, it’s been because of Carey Price. Despite consistently having weaker offense than other contending teams, we still made the playoffs. How many times did we hear that “we’d be 31st in the league if we didn’t have Price”. Our teams in those instances may have been better on paper than what we have now for next year, especially since Markov had some decent years in his 30s, but if Carey Price plays up to standard, it (winning the draft lottery) won’t happen. The leafs had iffy goaltending, as well as other holes prior to getting Matthews.

I don’t know any more than anyone else what the future holds but I see us drafting 7th-12th next year. 

32 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Kirby Dach looks good

Alex Turcotte

Kaapo Kakko

Alex Newhook

Raphael Lavoie

There is a lot there

2019 and 2020 are drafts to be excited about, and drafts in which we should have as many first and second round picks as we can collect.

13 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Any season our team has done well in the recent pas, it’s been because of Carey Price. Despite consistently having weaker offense than other contending teams, we still made the playoffs. How many times did we hear that “we’d be 31st in the league if we didn’t have Price”. Our teams in those instances may have been better on paper than what we have now for next year, especially since Markov had some decent years in his 30s, but if Carey Price plays up to standard, it (winning the draft lottery) won’t happen. The leafs had iffy goaltending, as well as other holes prior to getting Matthews.

I don’t know any more than anyone else what the future holds but I see us drafting 7th-12th next year. 

Unless Price is a top 3 goalie despite are AHL defence, we are a bottom 5 team, potentially even a bottom 3.

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎06 at 7:29 PM, Metallica said:

Well lets break this down teams that are a lock for a playoff spot 

Washington 

Pittsburgh 

Toronto 

Tampa 

Philadelphia 

New jersey 

Boston 

These are no lock at all.

On 7/8/2018 at 5:49 PM, Commandant said:

Kirby Dach looks good

Alex Turcotte

Kaapo Kakko

Alex Newhook

Raphael Lavoie

There is a lot there

Really liking what I am seeing and reading on Lavoie

On 2018-07-08 at 5:49 PM, Commandant said:

Kirby Dach looks good

Alex Turcotte

Kaapo Kakko

Alex Newhook

Raphael Lavoie

There is a lot there

too much French and Fin, not enough Western Canada hard hitting gritty players.