MB gets an F- grade

hab29RETIRED

On 27/07/2018 at 10:57 AM, DON said:

Really?

Well yes!

I am angry at the Habs org.

And Yes!

I do feel that the best way to get that point across to Mr. Molson is to not buy New Habs merch. this upcomming year (edit) I can't afford tickets.

I would rather use that money for New gear of Team Canada (as I am Canadian)

or

give that money to a second hand sports (or) clothing store to get any 'new' Habs gear.

I will be helping a local capitalist enterprise that is (hopefully) run by a mom and pop and I will help them get food on the table maybe even a little beer to go with it for the end of their day.

Mr. Molson spends Millions on this team (with a little new money from my house) every year. If he choses to keep MB around, then I will reserve and limit as much as possible any new money to this man. 

I have no choice with cable bill (or do I?) but where I do; I will object as much as I can. 

I have a choice with new Habs gear this year and I think ppl Need to see that Mr. Molson is like any other Rich guy. The Only Way to drive a point to them: is to HURT the Pocket BooK! IMHO 

I only have my limited and very generalized notions.. more impressions than thoughts on these matters. I am not a competent judge of competent judges in hockey management matters. That said.. and perhaps utterly contrarily to actual reality, I have zero confidence in Bergeron. You don't trade your soul. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Toronthab said:

""The Only Way to drive a point to them: is to HURT the Pocket BooK! IMHO "

What about car bombs?

the FLQ tried that didn't work ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

To be faaaaaaaair, we have assembled some good tanks recently.

Not intentionally - remember our brilliant GM said he thought the defence would be better last year and that Drouin was a viable #1 centre.  There were also a lot of people here who this time last year said they didn’t think there was any reason why we couldn’t win the division or at least put up 100 points.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Not intentionally - remember our brilliant GM said he thought the defence would be better last year and that Drouin was a viable #1 centre.  There were also a lot of people here who this time last year said they didn’t think there was any reason why we couldn’t win the division or at least put up 100 points.

Just let me have the wordplay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Just let me have the wordplay.

:D

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎31 at 6:32 PM, hab29RETIRED said:

There were also a lot of people here who this time last year said they didn’t think there was any reason why we couldn’t win the division or at least put up 100 points.

Can look at 17-18 season prediction thread for that.

(I said 4 in the east 103pts and you said 96pts 7th in East)

9 minutes ago, DON said:

Can look at 17-18 season prediction thread for that.

(I said 4 in the east 105pts and you said 95pts 5th in East I think)

Yep. I also said I thought they would be a bubble team because of Price and would need him to win 40 games. Price sucked and I was apparent how awful they are unless Price is a hart candidate. 

I also said repeatedly in numerous threads how bad the D would be.

• Upvote 2

at the end of the day... 

MB inherited a team with a

-future hart trophy winner

-future norris trophy winner

-future 4 time 30+ goal scorer

-a veteran LD puck mover who would be press for  all time habs D record stats (if not for 2 major knee surgeries and some lost seasons to lockouts) 

- a heart, soul and guts player like gallagher 

-plus and a 3rd overall pick...

and he completly shi*t the bed!

what he's done to move this team forward with those assets is what deserves an F and i believe with all that in mind, know body can justifiably defend him...

sure he was able to sign radulov for 1 year but botched his resigning...

sure he was able to steal danault...

pick up byron....

but as well as his depth moves have been at times the real assessment of your body of work is with the impact players!!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

at the end of the day... 

-a veteran LD puck mover who would be press for  all time habs D record stats (if not for 2 major knee surgeries and some lost seasons to lockouts) 

what he's done to move this team forward with those assets is what deserves an F and i believe with all that in mind, know body can justifiably defend him...

pick up byron....

but as well as his depth moves have been at times the real assessment of your body of work is with the impact players!!

Listen...any organization worth its salt would have flushed this turd down the john by now. Hell, when a GM is tasked with a full-blown rebuild, they usually get 5-6 years to show that they've built a contender or near-contender. This guy is handed excellent, top-end pieces and in 6 years builds a bottom-feeding laughing stock. The only way he actually did his job is if he was hired by the Boston Bruins to destroy the Canadiens as a threat.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Listen...any organization worth its salt would have flushed this turd down the john by now. Hell, when a GM is tasked with a full-blown rebuild, they usually get 5-6 years to show that they've built a contender or near-contender. This guy is handed excellent, top-end pieces and in 6 years builds a bottom-feeding laughing stock. The only way he did his job is if he was hired by the Boston Bruins to destroy the Canadiens as a threat.

This was a prime opportunity to give the reins to a new g.m. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/31/2018 at 7:40 PM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, well...Pierre-Elliott Trudeau, Molson aint.

Neither is Trudeau Extra Light unfortunately. 

On 8/4/2018 at 11:06 AM, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

at the end of the day... 

pick up byron....

I'm still against capital punishment ... but quite a bit less firmly...............:angry:

hey hopefully im wrong and the drouin experiment takes off year 2 and the domi deal turns out to be diamonds and mete juulsen sherbak lehkonan hudon evans and at least one of the czech Dmen suprise us all and MB claims it was the plan all along....

then he gets a D+

• Upvote 1

1704050871_4783798557001_4783754183001-v

Ever since he got rid of the Viking Beard, it has been a solid F for him, no one should underestimate the power of a beard, for his perilous journey into the abyss began with the simple sound of a clipper...