Habs Rookie Tournament/Camp Thread

dlbalr

image.jpeg

The Habs, Maple Leafs, and Senators are participating in a rookie tournament from September 7th through the 9th.  Instead of being in London like it usually is, it's taking place in Laval this time around.

Montreal has only one newcomer that wasn't at the development camp in defenceman Aleksi Anttalainen (and if you follow HW on Twitter, you probably knew that already).  Holdovers on invites from development camp are wingers Brandon Hagel, Alexander Katerinakis, and Joel Teasdale, plus goalies Stephen Dhillon and Samuel Harvey.

Montreal's roster: https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/thirty-players-to-participate-in-the-canadiens-2018-rookie-camp/c-299896454

Toronto's roster: https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs/maple-leafs-announce-rookie-tourney-roster

Ottawa's roster: https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/ottawa-senators-invite-27-players-to-2018-rookie-camp-and-tournament/c-299892434

Schedule:

September 7, 2018, 7:30 p.m. ET - Game No. 1 Montreal Canadiens vs. Ottawa Senators
September 8, 2018, 3 p.m. ET - Game No. 2 Ottawa Senators vs. Toronto Maple Leafs
September 9, 2018, 3 p.m. ET - Game No. 3 Montreal Canadiens vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

I'm interested to see Alaine and Evans 

Evans coming off hernia surgery, likely not be 100%?

Wouldn't get too excited about Alaine, unless you follow Laval closely.

17 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Did Cale Fleury have a growth spurt? I thought he was under 6.

He was 6'1.5" at last year's draft combine.

His brother is listed as 6'3" by the Canes (he was 6'2.5" at the 2014 draft combine)

Samuel Houde sustained a shoulder injury in practice with his QMJHL team.  It's supposed to have him out for about 10 days or so which puts his participation in the tournament in question although he is expected to still attend camp.

I am interested in seeing Brook, Fleury and Walford to see if there is hope one of these three could replace Petry.

I am also interested in seeing Vejdemo, Evans and Bitten. I am hoping they will stand out positively against others their age.

Tonight's roster (plus one extra on defence and up front):

Dmf0xguU4AACL5J.jpg

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM on RDS Info.  I believe the channel is on free preview for Bell and Shaw subscribers so even non-subscribers may be able to watch this.

41 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Tonight's roster (plus one extra on defence and up front):

Dmf0xguU4AACL5J.jpg

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM on RDS Info.  I believe the channel is on free preview for Bell and Shaw subscribers so even non-subscribers may be able to watch this.

I can't beilive they're still blocking RDS out. Such a joke 

17 minutes ago, Commandant said:

You can see the difference in experience.  Sens have almost 100 games of NHL experience in that lineup (and plenty of AHL experience).... Habs have 0 NHL games. Heck I'm not sure there are even any AHL games in this lineup.

I don't see any AHL games for Montreal's guys and it certainly shows. 

It has been a rough one for Kotkaniemi so far.  He has been burned defensively a few times already.

On the plus side, I like what I've seen from Sklenicka who is bigger than I thought he was (or a lot of Montreal's players are smaller than I thought...).  Alain has had a couple of nice plays while Vejdemo is a better skater than I remember.

13 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I don't see any AHL games for Montreal's guys and it certainly shows. 

It has been a rough one for Kotkaniemi so far.  He has been burned defensively a few times already.

On the plus side, I like what I've seen from Sklenicka who is bigger than I thought he was (or a lot of Montreal's players are smaller than I thought...).  Alain has had a couple of nice plays while Vejdemo is a better skater than I remember.

I looked it up... Habs have 14 AHL games ... Plant (7), Melancon (7).

Thats it. 

Colin White has 23 NHL games, Wolanin 10, Chlapik 21,