Max Pacioretty traded to Vegas

Trizzak

His article says it all.. total character.. the right type of character this team needs. Without reading into it.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/nhl-max-pacioretty-were-going-to-vegas

This team has very little identity left and first time ever..i have been a Habs fan since I was 2 years old. Even when I started kindergarten in Toronto I wore a Montreal jersey.

And as an 11 year old in Edmonton. Not wanting to see Oilers win the cup. As I always was hoping was the Canadiens. When the team won in 1986 I gave it to my friends in Edmonton.

Always true Montreal fan ever since I can remember. And this being first year I have lost a lot of that passion for the team.

Because most important the way this team and MB treats the players that have put in their time and other than Plekanec.. all are put aside and as max on the above article says..looks forward to the enthusiasm and excitement of a new team. 

The excitement that the Habs should create to foster in their own team. NOW THAT IS CHARACTER

MB has no business being the GM of a once CLASS and ICONIC franchise.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, HabsWEST said:

His article says it all.. total character.. the right type of character this team needs.

Hadn't you heard, this year the team is all about 'attitude', isnt about character anymore.:B)

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Meller93 said:

Tatar has more points in 5 games than he did in 20 with Vegas. 

Hes clicking with our guys.

He skates hard consistently, he goes to the slot and to the front of the net pretty regularily...things Max didn't do nearly as often.  And yes, he seems to have chemistry with his linemates...which always helps.

Tatar:  5gp,  3g,  4a,  +5

Max:  6gp,  1g,  0a,  -3

Six games prove nothing. Tarar is no more a PPG player than Patches is a 14-goal man.

That said, I'd been beating the drum for a while that Patches was approaching his best by date and that he no longer seemed to have that old blast of speed to the outside. He'll go on a tear soon, but I would not drop dead of shock if his 2018-19 turns out a lot like his 2017-18.

29 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Six games prove nothing. Tarar is no more a PPG player than Patches is a 14-goal man.

That said, I'd been beating the drum for a while that Patches was approaching his best by date and that he no longer seemed to have that old blast of speed to the outside. He'll go on a tear soon, but I would not drop dead of shock if his 2018-19 turns out a lot like his 2017-18.

Sure but Tatar was never the biggest piece of this trade, so if he puts up anything close to Pacioretty (and at a lot cheaper money in 2019-20 and 2020-21) it's likely the deal is a major win for Bergevin.

30 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Sure but Tatar was never the biggest piece of this trade, so if he puts up anything close to Pacioretty (and at a lot cheaper money in 2019-20 and 2020-21) it's likely the deal is a major win for Bergevin.

Indeed, I wasn't trying to deny that. In fact if Max is at or close to the tipping point, then it turns out to be a great trade, assuming Suzuki works out.

Does anyone know what was done with the 2016 2nd round pick Montreal got for gorges?  I like seeing how valuable Craig rivet has been for this team. 

Rivet

Pacioretty                               Gorges

Suzuki tatar 2019 2nd      2016 2nd?

14 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Does anyone know what was done with the 2016 2nd round pick Montreal got for gorges?  I like seeing how valuable Craig rivet has been for this team.

Moved to Chicago as part of the Andrew Shaw trade.  Chad Krys was selected with that pick.

26 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Ah. It was 2 seconds,  so no more tracking that side I guess.  Still if Suzuki turns out, that's a good run of quality players from a tired defenseman. 

Indeed!! A great example of why you should move out aging assets, especially if your team has jack-sh*t chances of winning anything. I'm still mad that Bob didn't trade Souray while he was at it.

For sure.  Keeping an asset you can't sign when you're a contender is very different from keeping an asset in hopes of making the playoffs.  Those were the tail end of the dark days though, so I can sympathize with wanting to give the fans something to cheer for. 

2 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

For sure.  Keeping an asset you can't sign when you're a contender is very different from keeping an asset in hopes of making the playoffs.  Those were the tail end of the dark days though, so I can sympathize with wanting to give the fans something to cheer for. 

What was weird was that he kept Souray and defended it on the grounds of 'supporting the players and fans,' then (the next year?) traded Huet for a 2nd-rounder on the opposite grounds that you had to maximize assets - yet he did that during a year (2008) when the team actually had a chance to make a serious run, while the Souray team failed to even make the playoffs. :blink: It didn't seem to make much sense to me. Basically, he retained the expiring asset when the team was obviously going nowhere, and traded the expiring asset when it was emerging as a legit threat. And we could have used Huet when a rookie Price crapped out in the second round against Philly. Oh, well, water under the bridge.

10 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Huet, Sourey? That is ages ago. It's the same team but hardly the same organization. Might as well be in another universe

Yeah, I guess we should never trade memories about the past. Might upset alfredoh's delicate constitution.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, I guess we should never trade memories about the past. Might upset alfredoh's delicate constitution.

I haven't been called of delicate constitution ever: I guess that I was when Souray and Huet still played for the CH :)

Reminisce away Chi-Cou-Cumb; but I enjoy reading you more when you provide your insight on the current stuff

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I haven't been called of delicate constitution ever: I guess that I was when Souray and Huet still played for the CH :)

Reminisce away Chi-Cou-Cumb; but I enjoy reading you more when you provide your insight on the current stuff

The world did not begin when you were born. And neither did the Habs.

Personally, I never minded hearing older guys reminisce about Beliveau, the Rocket, John Ferguson, etc. We can learn things that way. And who knows, you may find yourself wanting to swap the occasional recollection about your current heroes (like MB) once they're all in the rearview mirror. Believe it or not, you too will be an older person eventually, God willing.

• Upvote 2