2018 Training Camp Thread

dlbalr

Training camp is upon us and the preseason is set to get underway on Monday.  Let's use this thread for the minor news and notes from camp as it progresses.

The invite list: https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/sixty-six-players-to-attend-the-montreal-canadiens-training-camp/c-300078796

There's only one player on a PTO in Simon Despres and that news has been out there for more than two months.  On the ATO side, two players are pushing for ELCs in winger Joel Teasdale and goalie Samuel Harvey.

In terms of roster spot battles, there should be quite a few as the last few forward and defence spots are certainly up for grabs with quite a few players who could conceivably push for them, including some youngsters.  Can Charlie Lindgren outperform Antti Niemi to take the number two spot behind Carey Price?  The final roster may not be the most exciting but the process to get it might at least be interesting.

8 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Teasdale on Team A instead of Team C is quite good for him.

I noticed that as well.  I'm sure that won't last too long as other players return from injury but it's nice to see that he's getting a look at least.

Hmmmm if it was up to me

Team A
Hudon - Danault - Gallagher
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Shinkaruk - DLR - Bitten
Deslauriers - Plekanec - Froese

Team B
Domi - Suzuki - Drouin
Byron - Peca - Scherbak
Vejdemo - McCarron - Armia
Addison - Audette - Grenier

Group A Lines:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Deslauriers - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Shinkaruk - Plekanec - Hudon
Chaput - de la Rose - Froese
Teasdale - Belzile - Bitten

Mete - Juulsen
Alzner - Schlemko
Despres - Sklenicka
Valiev - Lamarche
Melancon

Lindgren
McNiven
Marcoux

52 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

That was a long off season

I've seen worse. Notably the 2016 off-season, when I realized in a stroke that Bergevin was exactly what Habs29 had been saying he was, and of course all those lost and extended "lockout" off-seasons, which still piss me off thinking out them...

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Domi is doing faceoff exercises because Julien thinks they might need him at centre during the season.

Ahhhhhh hahahahaha

This bodes well for the "Lose For Hughes" goal

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Domi is doing faceoff exercises because Julien thinks they might need him at centre during the season.

Ahhhhhh hahahahaha

The team is a mess right now. 

Honestly, When I looked at the potential roster of this team, the combination of players doesn't even make sense. 

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

Can we put Domi - Danault  - Drouin  on a line just so we can call them the triple D line ?

What kind of depth at center do you think the Habs have to put 3 of them on one line?!? :blink:

:P

• Upvote 2

On 9/14/2018 at 2:41 PM, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Trade the centre you refuse to play at centre for a winger you decide to turn into a centre.

:lol:

The sums up the Bergevin era about as well as anything I've read.