Byron-Suzuki-Scherbak
Agostino-Peca-Grenier
Teasdale-McCarron-Bitten

Benn-Petry
Reilly-Lernout
Ouellet-Brook

Price
NIemi

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM EST on TSN2 and RDS.  Regional restrictions apply.

• Like 1

Another meanless preseason game for Molson to cash in from season holders tickets.

Way too many games with crappy players like Agostino, Theasdale or Grenier.

Opposing low market teams cannot bring in 500 people to a game. And sometime like last game we have half of an opposing team playing the same night.

I don't get why fans eat that crap, Fan experience enhancement is bull and everyone knows it. A DJ and so call better food. 

7 minutes ago, Easy Ryder said:

Another meanless preseason game for Molson to cash in from season holders tickets.

Way too many games with crappy players like Agostino, Theasdale or Grenier.

Opposing low market teams cannot bring in 500 people to a game. And sometime like last game we have half of an opposing team playing the same night.

I don't get why fans eat that crap, Fan experience enhancement is bull and everyone knows it. A DJ and so call better food. 

So you'd prefer to begin the regular season without any preseason game ?

dlbalr, RDS actually showed the last game out west, so no TV restriction here anyways 

38 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

So you'd prefer to begin the regular season without any preseason game ?

Couple games is enough don't you think, regular players only play a couple games anyways.

Big thing I want to see is reg season starting couple weeks earlier.

Beginning of season is sloppy even with a ton of $$-grab games.

5 minutes ago, DON said:

dlbalr, RDS actually showed the last game out west, so no TV restriction here anyways

They're supposed to be blacking them out but I think they didn't do so last preseason as well.  I'm not going to complain...

7 minutes ago, DON said:

Couple games is enough don't you think, regular players only play a couple games anyways.

Big thing I want to see is reg season starting couple weeks earlier.

Beginning of season is sloppy even with a ton of $$-grab games.

I don't believe that you can really evaluate whre your prospects are  in only a couple of games because you'll have to play your vétérans for both games.

I'd go for 5 games instead of 7 though.

26 minutes ago, Easy Ryder said:

I would prefer a meaningful 5 games, no obligations to season ticket holders and halft price tickets.

I would definitely exlude the preseason games from the season tickets holders too.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

He's not eligible to.  If he plays in one, he forfeits his NCAA eligibility.

He can't even come to training camp (if school is started) as that would void his NCAA eligibility too. 

He is limited to the one summer development camp until he's ready to go pro. 

54 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He is limited to the one summer development camp until he's ready to go pro. 

He even has to pay his own way during summer camp as well (i think), NCAA is fine raking in zillions in profits off collegiate athletes; but, seems very hypocritical about any $$ at all going to the kids.  

1 hour ago, DON said:

He even has to pay his own way during summer camp as well (i think), NCAA is fine raking in zillions in profits off collegiate athletes; but, seems very hypocritical about any $$ at all going to the kids.  

South park when cartman is the NCAA slave trader. Funniest thing ever

• Like 1

Not surprisingly, the Habs didn't look good in that period but they're only down by one as Peca got a lucky goal on the PP.  Brook has had a couple of nice plays outside the defensive end but has struggled in his own zone (something that could be said for a lot of people).  Suzuki and Peca have flipped spots from the original lineup which actually makes a lot more sense as Agostino/Grenier won't be making the team (Grenier's not even on an NHL contract).

I've been keeping a close eye on Teasdale considering this is probably his make or break game for a contract - so far, so good.

I like Suzuki, he makes a lot of really smart plays out there. 

Brook has offensive flash. 

McCarron is slow as ####.

Drouin looks better at wing. 

Byron looks like his old self, he's healthy

Defence overall looks like dogshit.

5 hours ago, DON said:

Thats true too. 

Much, much better from the Habs in that period.  Suzuki hasn't been flashy but he has had quite an effective game and Brook is playing his way into getting another chance.

On a side note, I would love to see a line of Byron-Peca-Bitten at some point in the 3rd.  Speed, speed, and more speed - that might be fun.