Sept. 22, Sens vs Habs, 7:00 PM

dlbalr

The Habs will look to make it two wins in a row as they play their middle game of the preseason against the Sens.

Ottawa.jpg

Tkachuk - Brown - Stone
Balcers - Tierney - Ryan
Pyatt - Carey  - Paajarvi
Tambellini - White - Gagne

Wolanin - Ceci

Lajoie - Jaros

Harpur - Bergman

Anderson

Hogberg

image.jpeg

Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec - Scherbak
Shinkaruk - McCarron - Ward

Benn - Petry
Mete - Juulsen
Alzner - Reilly

Price (full game)

Lindgren

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM EST on TSN5 and RDS.

38 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

I think they will go with Kotkaniemi in Domi’s spot and keep Drouin on the wing with Armia.

Certainly a possibility - actually, that would make the lines make a lot more sense...

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Plekanec - Ward
Shinkaruk - McCarron - Scherbak

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Scherbak with Plekanec and Byron makes more sense than having Ward ther. 

Still this is a strong lineup... Price in goal... 3 lines of guys who should be on the NHL team (well 8/9 + the 3rd pick in the draft).  All 6 D should be on the NHL team too. 

Strongest lineup we have dressed so far. 

• Like 1

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher could be the top line this season. Maybe they put Domi there instead of Tatar but I could see that working with Tatar.

Good test for Kotkaniemi to have Drouin on his wing and his hero Armia on the other. Will be good for Armia to show he's more than just a third liner.

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Really happy to see Reilly with Petry.

I am rooting for him to be Weber's partner

Reilly is with Petry?

i thought Lu reported Benn with Petry and Alzner with Reilly... I do hope he’s wrong because Benn should be dropped to 6th in this line up and 9th on my depth chart maybe even 10th!

Kotkaniemi with two ridiculous plays on the same shift... first one he created his own shot with some good stickhandling and riffled it off the cross bar... then he got the puck in the corner, did a spinorama pass on his backhand right on Armia's tape in the slot, but Armia muffed it. 

He's so good.

• Upvote 1

Big Mac is showing off his new found speed. He looks good out there in the 1st

(stupid autocorrect)

Edited by alfredoh2009
Corrected autocorrect
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Kotkaniemi with two ridiculous plays on the same shift... first one he created his own shot with some good stickhandling and riffled it off the cross bar... then he got the puck in the corner, did a spinorama pass on his backhand right on Armia's tape in the slot, but Armia muffed it. 

He's so good.

He really is.

Its crazy how quickly he has adapted, every game looking better and better. 

Wish I could say better things about Scherbak but he is a late bloomer so who knows.

27 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Big Mac is showing off his new found speed. He looks good out there in the 1st

(stupid autocorrect)

seems to be giving 110% at least

9 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

He really is.

Its crazy how quickly he has adapted, every game looking better and better. 

Wish I could say better things about Scherbak but he is a late bloomer so who knows.

Scherbak hasn't had a good training camp with this team in all his time

Last year he sucked in training camp and dominated after getting sent to the AHL

This year there is no AHL option without waivers

First action I’ve been able to catch this year. Very happy. :gohabsgo:

Observations for this game

- Armia looks like a solid player, but not top 6 material, he plays the game in a very big bodied, smart, 3rd line player kind of way. I'd like to see Lehkonen, Hudon, or even Scherbak get a chance there instead.

- Drouin looks ready for a breakout season, he just looks dynamic as heck on almost every shift.

- Rielly looks very good, very impressed with him, he should be easily getting a top 4 role as of this year and doing wonders with it I am sure, great quiet pick up that was.

- Kotkaniemi looks like a star in his humble beginnings, If a player can grow this much in just a few weeks, I can't imagine where his game will be in a couple years.

- Tatar, Gallagher, and Danault look good and ready for the season, i'm expecting good results from all 3 of them this season, they are trending the right way atm.

- Price looked pretty damn good, another one who seems done with these warm ups and ready to go in October.

Overall, this team has had more than a few games to show their vibe is certainly different this season. Regardless of their record, or how ugly this might get, they are establishing quite quickly that they are at the very least going to be bringing it much more often than not. The compete is there, the pace is there, some of the boys are showing quality execution and skill, the youngsters on defense are crushing the vets in their performance, everything I was hoping to see.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Drouin looked good.

Would Juulsen-Mete be an adequate 2nd pairing, given rookie mistakes both will still obviously make?

I'd be uneasy about it. It's best to avoid putting kids in situations where their confidence can be at risk.

Great to hear the good reviews of Drouin. Another year like last year from him would be pretty depressing.