Sept. 29, Habs vs Sens, 7 PM

dlbalr

It's the final game of the preseason, also known as the final game that pro-tankers won't feel guilty about wanting the Habs to win this season.

image.jpeg

Tatar - Danault - Hudon
Byron - Drouin - Armia
Agostino - Peca - Scherbak
de la Rose - Plekanec - Chaput

Lehkonen appears to be the extra forward making the trip.

Ouellet - Juulsen
Benn - Petry
Alzner - Despres

Mete appears to be the extra d-man making the trip.

Price

Niemi

Ottawa.jpg

Forward lines confirmed, D pairings are my guesses.

Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan

Tkachuk - Smith - Stone

Formenton - Tierney - Boedker

McCormick - Pyatt - Paajarvi

Chabot - DeMelo

Borowiecki - Wideman

Harpur - Jaros

Anderson

McKenna

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM EST on TSN5 and RDS.

28 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

No one got hurt.  That's the highlight of this one.  The bubble players didn't help their cause tonight.

Ya, don't think we'll see any surprises on waivers tomorrow. 

And hopefully we don't see a contract offer to Despres. 

17 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Ya, don't think we'll see any surprises on waivers tomorrow. 

And hopefully we don't see a contract offer to Despres. 

He had one moment of magic where he cut through the middle of the ice with some nice stickhandling and fired a backhand wide. He looked like the Despres with potential back on Pittsburgh. That one moment will probably earn him a contract.

2 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

He had one moment of magic where he cut through the middle of the ice with some nice stickhandling and fired a backhand wide. He looked like the Despres with potential back on Pittsburgh. That one moment will probably earn him a contract.

No the fact that schlemko is out for 6 weeks and he's a hometown boy will probably earn him a contract. 

The only way I can see Despres getting an NHL deal is if they've decided to cut bait with Benn and plan to move him in the next day or two.  That would free up the #7 slot for Despres and then they can reassess the situation when Schlemko returns.  Other than that, he reiterated yesterday that he's open to starting in Laval so there'd be no need to sign him to an NHL deal to send him down.

10 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

Poor Price. The defense is so shit. 

I think the difference is that he'll be ready for that this year. My pet theory for his suckage last season is that he did not expect the team to be so terrible and was unable to adjust his expectations and motivation in time to accommodate playing for a POS bottom-feeder; and then it all snowballed into disaster. But he's Carey Price. He knows what it means to be goalie to terrible clubs (e.g., Tri-City). I believe he will draw on that experience and bounce back with a strong season.

39 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I think the difference is that he'll be ready for that this year. My pet theory for his suckage last season is that he did not expect the team to be so terrible and was unable to adjust his expectations and motivation in time to accommodate playing for a POS bottom-feeder; and then it all snowballed into disaster. But he's Carey Price. He knows what it means to be goalie to terrible clubs (e.g., Tri-City). I believe he will draw on that experience and bounce back with a strong season.

There was a moment in the Leafs exhibition game where he looked like he was gonna kill everyone. If he isn't cool calm collected Price he isn't Price at all.

8 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

There was a moment in the Leafs exhibition game where he looked like he was gonna kill everyone. If he isn't cool calm collected Price he isn't Price at all.

I couldn't care less about preseason.

I'll put my faith in Price until he proves it unfounded.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I couldn't care less about preseason.

I'll put my faith in Price until he proves it unfounded.

Oh for sure. Preseason means nothing to Price. I meant more if he gets that stare in December...

With Tavares in Toronto, Mcdonagh in Tampa, and Karlsson in San Jose, I wonder what still keeps Price in Montreal. 

43 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Oh for sure. Preseason means nothing to Price. I meant more if he gets that stare in December...

With Tavares in Toronto, Mcdonagh in Tampa, and Karlsson in San Jose, I wonder what still keeps Price in Montreal. 

Well, it's not like he can just submit his c.v. to other organizations and get hired. Trading him would be a complicated matter.

But assuming his devotion to Montreal is sincere: Price seems like a very distinctive person in the context of major league hockey, a thoughtful person who steers by his own priorities. His top priority is no doubt his family, and if they're settled in Montreal, that may trump other considerations. And he may have decided long ago that he likes Montreal, wants to try to win with them, and is in for the long haul irrespective of ups and downs - an attitude of commitment, in other words, rather than a more "I'll go wherever I can win" mentality. It's a bit like Luongo in Florida in that sense.