13th Annual Regular season Prediction Contest

Peter Puck

32-40-6-4

6th in Atlantic

13th in East

214 GF 

Maybe the team will surprise the other way than they did last year, but I have doubts, and really, what we need is a good draft position for all of those picks, and solid progress from the younger players.

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

I don't actually believe it, but I decided to err on the optimistic side as well.  Price rebound. One of Mete, Juulson find a gear.  One of Drouin, Domi rebound.  Carey Price. 4 attacking forward lines.

Glad some feel that way, I just cant see a long playoff run for this roster and sneeking into playoffs doesnt interest me much.

45 minutes ago, PMAC said:

Why not?

Actually, I have to be optimistic because if not I won’t be able to watch. Also, if the stars align they might actually make the playoffs.

Ask me tomorrow how I feel. The season hasn’t even started yet and I am already pissed off due to MB’ s idiodic trade of Will Bitten.

Bitten never impressed me and seemed like a long shot to even make NHL, but Commandant seemed to like his play more.

But, dont know who was traded for, hope not defense help with older guy or journeyman.

Why not, because are missing 3 of top 4 d-men and forward group is thin thin thin.

37 minutes ago, DON said:

Glad some feel that way, I just cant see a long playoff run for this roster and sneeking into playoffs doesnt interest me much.

I think sneaking in is the optimistic view. A playoff run is pretty much impossible with this team.  

• Upvote 1

Habsfan killing Meller right before game time. 

• 4 months later...

This thread is a good read, Habs are on pace for 100 points after 2/3rds of the season. Lots of hockey left but it is safe to say that this team has exceeded most fan's expectations. Lots has gone right so far in terms of health, rebounding, and development, so here's to hoping that continues and they can make some noise if they make the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

A quick look shows that its down to

Dalhabs 

42-30-6-4

(94 points)

illWill

42-29-7-4

(95 points)

243 goals.

BCHabnut 

42-27-6-7

(97 points)

248 goals.

Before tonight's game Habs are 43-30-8 for 94 points.    If the Habs come back to win tonight and finish with 96 points it will come down to goals scored.

With tonight's goal by Poehling the Habs are up to 244 goals.

Will Dalhabs win two years in a row.  Could illWill become our first two time champion or will BcHabnut add his name to the pantheon of champions?

Say tuned.

• Upvote 1

Correction:

A quick look shows that its down to

Dalhabs 

42-30-6-4

(94 points)

illWill

42-29-7-4

(95 points)

243 goals.

BCHabnut 

42-27-6-7

(97 points)

248 goals.

Before tonight's game Habs are 43-30-8 for 94 points.    If the Habs come back to win tonight and finish with 96 points it will come down to goals scored.

With tonight's first goal by Poehling the Habs are up to 244 goals 242 goals.   Corrected to remove the "goals" the team was awarded by winning 2 shhotouts before tonight.

Will Dalhabs win two years in a row.  Could illWill become our first two time champion or will BcHabnut add his name to the pantheon of champions?

Say tuned

Well the Habs did comeback tonight to finish

44-30-8 for 96 points with 246 goals..  

llWill predicted 95 points.

5th in the Atlantic, 9th in the East and 243 goals.

BcHabnut predicted 97 points, 4th in the Atlantic and 11th in the East with 248.

BcHabnut is the winner by a sliver.  His goal prediction was 1 goal closer!!

• Upvote 4

Come on, should be Price is Right rules, you go over you're out! I got the record closer, gotta count for something? Came down to a stinking goal lol. Congrats Habnut

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Peter Puck said:

Well the Habs did comeback tonight to finish

44-30-8 for 96 points with 246 goals..  

llWill predicted 95 points.

5th in the Atlantic, 9th in the East and 243 goals.

BcHabnut predicted 97 points, 4th in the Atlantic and 11th in the East with 248.

BcHabnut is the winner by a sliver.  His goal prediction was 1 goal closer!!

I thought it was Price is right rules as well but if not, wouldn't the first tie breaker be that BCHabnut predicted 4th in the division? I thought the tiebreakers went in successive order.  Same outcome anyway but just curious how it works. 

I'm also being a bit of a perfectionist here but it says in the rules on page 1 that shootout goals count towards the total.

2018-2019 edition

Same rules as last season.

Predict
a) what the Habs regular season record will be: wins-losses-OTL-SOL
b) in what place in the Atlantic Division the Habs will finish
c) in what place in the East the Habs will finish
d) the total number of goals the Habs will score this season (including 1 goal per shootout win).

Section D

So the Habs would have ended with 249 goals and not 246. Again, doesn't change the outcome...

Does it really matter what the tiebreaker is? I mean there is no prize its just bragging rights.

As far as Im concerned, i believe that both of you obviously made fantastic predictions and both deserve credit for it.  Congrats.. being that close is really impressive and a lot better than most so called experts on tv and other media were.

51 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Does it really matter what the tiebreaker is? I mean there is no prize its just bragging rights.

As far as Im concerned, i believe that both of you obviously made fantastic predictions and both deserve credit for it.  Congrats.. being that close is really impressive and a lot better than most so called experts on tv and other media were.

It matters man. I can't take someone's thunder.  Hahaha.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Thanks. To me it was fairly obvious that 2017-18 was pretty much the worst a season could go for a lot of reasons, and that there was a ton of room to improve this season. I have to say though that I am quite surprised they surpassed by expectations by one point and 6 goals scored :lol:

27 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

It matters man. I can't take someone's thunder.  Hahaha.  

I'm just joking around, you won fair and square. Love the new signature proclaiming your victory haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I'm also being a bit of a perfectionist here but it says in the rules on page 1 that shootout goals count towards the total.

Section D

So the Habs would have ended with 249 goals and not 246. Again, doesn't change the outcome...

Whoops, this is correct I thought I had specified to not count SO goals, but in fact they were supposed to count.

Fortunately iyt doesn't change anything and BCHabnut still wins.

1 hour ago, Peter Puck said:

Whoops, this is correct I thought I had specified to not count SO goals, but in fact they were supposed to count.

Fortunately iyt doesn't change anything and BCHabnut still wins.

No worries. As you said, no difference in the outcome. 

Congrats BCHabnut. Ironically, your prediction was the 3rd highest prediction on here, and the Habs still did not make the playoffs. :(

I think Dalhabs is on to something with his 42-30-6-4 prediction in back to back years.

Former champ and now top 3.

He should probably just do it every year.