Oct. 3, Habs vs Leafs, 7 PM

dlbalr

On 2018-10-04 at 7:30 AM, titanfan said:

Tampa was happy to get rid of him

Never heard that?

Based on Stevie Y getting an extra pick +Sergachev, if he didnt play 40gms?

Or based on something else Tampa said?:spamafote:

Toronto was lucky to get two points in that game, but that's what happens when you have elite talent. It is no different than when people say that Carey Price has to carry this team or that he covers up any deficiencies. Yes, elite players are usually the difference between a win or a loss. 

If we play this way all season then we are a playoff team. We have foot speed, puck speed and good work ethic...except for Drouin. I'm not going to base his season on one game but he was noticeably the laziest person on the ice.

We have 4 decent lines that can all contribute and we haven't had that in a long, long time. We have a strong net presence and forecheck! I can't believe I just used those words!

Our defense is the weakest part of our team but there were many positive things there as well. Give them some time to gain experience, get Weber back, waive Alzner and we will be okay.

We don't have a whole lot in the way of skill but our team is looking better than I expected.

On 10/4/2018 at 1:19 PM, Commandant said:

I dont agree with that.  Drouin had 2 good seasons with tampa and the analytics were strong.  The hadnt proven anything isnt exactly true.

I still think he can be a very good player for this team.  He looked really good in preseason.  Last nights bad game shouldnt be taken as too much of an indication of his season.

Last year he scored an assist on the tying goal and the shootout winner in the first game against buffalo and we had a much different view of his first game and the season went the opposite.

Byron has had better seasons.  Wouldn't you agree?  And no one was saying he was the 'next superstar' or signing him to a 5.5 million dollar contract.  Proven anything - I guess depends on your definition of 'proven'.  How about he hadn't proven anything to warrant the hype when he arrived in Montreal, or the players given to Tampa, or the contract he was given.

On 10/5/2018 at 11:50 PM, DON said:

Never heard that?

Based on Stevie Y getting an extra pick +Sergachev, if he didnt play 40gms?

Or based on something else Tampa said?:spamafote:

He and Tampa we at odds for most of his time with the team.  it is pretty well documented.

1 hour ago, titanfan said:

Byron has had better seasons.  Wouldn't you agree?  And no one was saying he was the 'next superstar' or signing him to a 5.5 million dollar contract.  Proven anything - I guess depends on your definition of 'proven'.  How about he hadn't proven anything to warrant the hype when he arrived in Montreal, or the players given to Tampa, or the contract he was given.

No... byron has not had better seasons.

Drouin had 53 points in Tampa.  He had 46 last year in what was considered a bad season for him.

Paul Byrons career best is 43 points.  His career best isnt even as many points as a season that drouin is considered to be disappointing in.