2018-19 NHL General Discussion Thread

dlbalr

24 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Boucher seems like a good two year coach, and then the team implodes on him. 

Well, cant blame him this time. I imagine he got criticized for team play, lost it and said "WTF can i do when you trade away a future hall of fame d-man and every top scoring forward i had!"

8 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Guy Boucher fired by the Sens.

This was a guarantee to happen by the end of the season.  I'm just surprised Melnyk signed off on having to pay for an extra coach for a month.  The only reason Boucher wasn't fired last year was because then they'd have had to pay two head coaching salaries for the full year.  Remember the public declaration last offseason from Dorion that he'd meet with Boucher where the GM made some demands of him in order to sign off on him staying for this season?  That was the beginning of the end right there.

Ottawa has gone from Eastern Conference finals and one goal away from going to the finals to scorched earth implosion. It’s honestly sad to see, no sports fan should have to endure this kind of bad luck/terrible management.

7 hours ago, Scott462 said:

Ottawa has gone from Eastern Conference finals and one goal away from going to the finals to scorched earth implosion. It’s honestly sad to see, no sports fan should have to endure this kind of bad luck/terrible management.

I just noticed Sens are in 31st place (clear of 30th place by 5 pts) but Aves have their pick anyways.:lol:

https://twitter.com/Ech28/status/1102086660966236160

Games left, will be a challanging stretch to finish up season, for sure is gonna be a tough week in California.

I think will need to tear it up middle couple weeks of March.

March 29th till April 6th; Columbus, Winnipeg, Tampa Bay, Washington....and Leafs to finish with.

Price had flu today, hope he plays vs LA.

Havent beat SJ since March 2015, 7 game losing streak

Habs havent won in Anaheim since March 2014

56 minutes ago, DON said:

Go Bruins...uggg, i should say i hope Hartford loses!:B)

Canes get a point, Pittsburgh won, Columbus won, Islanders won...

Shit, if the Habs lose tonight it's almost absolute worst case scenario.

4 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Canes get a point, Pittsburgh won, Columbus won, Islanders won...

Shit, if the Habs lose tonight it's almost absolute worst case scenario.

Hangin in.

Thinking of GM's meetings- I would like to tweak playoff seeding as follows-- I don't evoke crossover rule unless there is a fifth team at least in any division that is higher up in standing than a fourth in other division in same conference. In other words, regardless of standing , I don't take anybody out of their division unnecessarily- must be knocked out by a fifth seed from other division. I believe division rivalries have merit. All I am doing is taking a few possible outcomes out of the crossover scenario.

On 3/6/2019 at 6:43 AM, BlueKross said:

Thinking of GM's meetings- I would like to tweak playoff seeding as follows-- I don't evoke crossover rule unless there is a fifth team at least in any division that is higher up in standing than a fourth in other division in same conference. In other words, regardless of standing , I don't take anybody out of their division unnecessarily- must be knocked out by a fifth seed from other division. I believe division rivalries have merit. All I am doing is taking a few possible outcomes out of the crossover scenario.

Personally, I would like to see a simplification of the playoff format. The wild card race is fun, but I can never remember the particularities of the format that generates it.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Personally, I would like to see a simplification of the playoff format. The wild card race is fun, but I can never remember the particularities of the format that generates it.

I think my suggestion would simplify it.

• dlbalr unpinned this topic