Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dlbalr

2018-19 NHL General Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

That's right Commandant, my mistake.  Les Canadiennes have a respectable attendance number, still lower than almost any CHL team.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tkachuk 21st and 22nd goal, having a solid rookie year for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 10:01 PM, DON said:

Tkachuk 21st and 22nd goal, having a solid rookie year for sure.

I think we will be wondering for a while whether we made the right choice at  #3. Have we had our exit interviews? Starving at a little bit of news on something!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlueKross said:

I think we will be wondering for a while whether we made the right choice at  #3. Have we had our exit interviews? Starving at a little bit of news on something!

 

There are probably better players chosen after Kotka, we just have to hope it's not a huge gap and we passed on superstars for a decent player.  I am confident, however, that we'll be happier with this #3 pick than we were with Chucky at #3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neech said:

 

There are probably better players chosen after Kotka, we just have to hope it's not a huge gap and we passed on superstars for a decent player.  I am confident, however, that we'll be happier with this #3 pick than we were with Chucky at #3.

Tkuckuk for starters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueKross said:

Tkuckuk for starters?

Who else do you have in mind after the 'starter'? You also must be one of the few who think a winger is what the Habs needed to draft?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueKross said:

Tkuckuk for starters?

A player who was 10 months older (makes a big difference at 18) and played top line minutes and PP time? And was carried 3/4 of the season with Stone and Duchene? 

 

Yeah, I would say its a little early to draw that conclusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quennville coaching Florida and the ever persistent rumours that they will be all in on both Panarin and Bobrovsky makes the Panthers a little bit scary for the Atlantic next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 3:23 PM, DON said:

Who else do you have in mind after the 'starter'? You also must be one of the few who think a winger is what the Habs needed to draft?

My argument was value for the third pick.  Tkuckuk had 20 goals this year. We may not know Kok's potential for another three years. I don't believe necessarily in picking BPA but there is a case that they didn't here. I would tell you that they have needed a #1 center for years. I don't have a problem with their pick. Just saying1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BlueKross said:

My argument was value for the third pick.  Tkuckuk had 20 goals this year. We may not know Kok's potential for another three years. I don't believe necessarily in picking BPA but there is a case that they didn't here. I would tell you that they have needed a #1 center for years. I don't have a problem with their pick. Just saying1

Yes and when you say starter, one assumes you have others...no?

Even though judging 2 kids after similar rookie years is highly debatable; (even Yakapov looked good after year 1), coming from totally different backgrounds, different age and playing for two different teams, one a celler dweller the other much deeper lineup, muddies the waters for these two teenagers.

I think both had fine rookie years, what that means for career is a wild ass guess at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DON said:

Yes and when you say starter, one assumes you have others...no?

Even though judging 2 kids after similar rookie years is highly debatable; (even Yakapov looked good after year 1), coming from totally different backgrounds, different age and playing for two different teams, one a celler dweller the other much deeper lineup, muddies the waters for these two teenagers.

I think both had fine rookie years, what that means for career is a wild ass guess at best.

Just to clear things up I said for starters which would be something to the effect of " in the first instant" or " I will start my argument with" and nothing to do with starters as you propose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BlueKross said:

My argument was value for the third pick.  Tkuckuk had 20 goals this year. We may not know Kok's potential for another three years. I don't believe necessarily in picking BPA but there is a case that they didn't here. I would tell you that they have needed a #1 center for years. I don't have a problem with their pick. Just saying1

 

We also still don't know Kotkaniemi's or Tkachuk's ultimate potential. We'll know that in maybe five years' time.

 

And we say BPA, "Best Player Available". But really it is WWTITBPABOWWKN -- "Who we think is the best player available, based on what we know now". No one knew at the time of the draft whether Tkachuk would score 5, 10, 20 or 30 goals, or spend the season in the AHL.

 

Hindsight is lovely, and usually 20-20, but when you are making the picks on draft day, you simply don't have that information available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that the golden voice of Bob Cole is retired, my new favorite voices are John Bartlett and Chris cuthbert. Hughson is very good as well but I think he will keep his lead role by familiarity only. Bartlett is number one in my book. He's great at setting the tone.  Calls plays accurately. And has the voice fir it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always liked Gord Miller and Ray Ferraro games.

But, often i dont pay much attention, care or know who it is (record every game being on the west coast and normally just FF through talking head bits).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving the cbj Tampa games.  Suck it cooper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Loving the cbj Tampa games.  Suck it cooper.

5-1...quite unexpected to say the least!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DON said:

Always liked Gord Miller and Ray Ferraro games.

Ferraro is the Tony Romo of color commentating. He's elite. Better than everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DON said:

5-1...quite unexpected to say the least!

 

Apparently Tampa Bay isn't a lock for the Cup after all ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure why cooper annoys me. He seems like a baby when he loses or something. He's from my hometown so I should like him, but I just want to bully him for some reason. Can't stand him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

 

Apparently Tampa Bay isn't a lock for the Cup after all ...

Thought i heard it was only 8 of last 28 years reg season #1 teams, to also win the cup the same year (didnt factcheck:spamafote:).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Ferraro is the Tony Romo of color commentating. He's elite. Better than everyone. 

 

Love Ferraro. His spots on Vancouver radio are must-listen for me. Mike Johnson is also quite good. Predictably, these excellent voices have never received as much airtime as blowhards and medicorities such as Nick Kyprios, Gary Galley, and Sour Grapes. It's almost as if hockey broadcasting, especially HNIC, makes a point of penalizing intelligence.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Ferraro and Johnson are tsn. And periodically NBC. If they were sportsnet they would be second string to the idiots you mentioned though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vigneault hired, McLellan hired, Quenneville hired...what other coaches will get recycled this offseason? I'm guessing Therrien isn't on anyone's radar, at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he'll be the next habs coach after CJ.

 

Habs seem to like recycling coaches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess if we go off the previous pattern, when Julien gets canned, either Bergevin fills in on on interim basis, or they hire Gainey as coach for a few months before bringing in Carbonneau.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...