Game #2 Oct. 6, 7:00 Montreal vs Pittsburgh

DON

image.png

Last game of road trip.

Julien says no changes and same lineup as opener.

Alzner scratched again, I like it but surprising him sitting 1st two games?

Of course the big question...how will Kid K do vs old man Crosby?

From NHL.com:

PITTSBURGH - Here's a look at the forward lines and defense pairings featured by head coach Claude Julien at Saturday's morning skate at PPG Paints Arena.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Domi - Lehkonen
Hudon - Peca - Shaw

Plekanec
Scherbak

Mete - Petry
Reilly - Juulsen
Benn/Alzner - Ouellet

Price
Niemi

Rematch set for next Sat in Montreal

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I suspect Alzner will sit until Reilly sh*ts the bed.

The fact that Xavier Oullet is ahead of him on the depth chart tells you all you need to know. He's done like dinner.

Given his experience, just signed last year and especially his salary, I just didnt think they scratch him right out of camp.

Now, we just need to see Benn sitting beside him in pressbox and try Brett Kulak instead.

45 minutes ago, DON said:

Given his experience, just signed last year and especially his salary, I just didnt think they scratch him right out of camp.

Now, we just need to see Benn sitting beside him in pressbox and try Brett Kulak instead.

I definitely see it as a heartening sign that management is either genuinely letting the coaches call the shots, or that the whole group really is committed to a vision of going with youth and speed. We're not accustomed to that kind of coherence and commitment to results and merit from this organization. Good to see. The same is true of benching Pleks, with the difference that I feel bad for Pleks.

Not expecting too much tonight, based on what I saw from the Pens in their game vs. the Caps.  That sets me up to be pleasantly surprised at least, should they put up a good fight like they did in the Leafs game.

2 hours ago, sbhatt said:

Not expecting too much tonight, based on what I saw from the Pens in their game vs. the Caps.  That sets me up to be pleasantly surprised at least, should they put up a good fight like they did in the Leafs game.

I think a big boon to the pens is a healthy Kris Letang. Expecting a huge year from him. Gonna be a tough night!

go habs go!

33 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Watching first game in a while. Gallaghers goal almost made me wake up my 10-day old son. ?

Almost?  He must be a heavy sleeper then...  Congrats!

Juulsen seems to have a shoot-first mentality tonight.  It's not often we see that from him.

6 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

To bad they gave up a goal at the end there but its really great to watch these habs. Young guys fighting hard and skating on and on.

Even if they don't make the playoffs this year, having a hard-working, exciting team would be a big advance in my books.

Granted Byron has three points, but Domi has looked like the best forward tonight. Just smooth with the puck.

Defensively, Juulsen has looked best. Nothing fancy, just smart and tough. (Learning from Weber?)

This team is full effort, they’re much better than most of you believed!