Oct 11, 7:30 Kings vs Habs

DON

image.png

1st of 4 home games in next 7 days.

Kotkaniemi's 1st reg season game at home and his family sees its 1st game.

Quick out injured.

Gotta like Kings PP%...which is 0% after 3 games.

I actually think Habs are favoured to win.

(lines from Wed practice)

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Domi - Lehkonen
Hudon - Peca - Shaw
De la Rose - Plekanec - Scherbak

Mete - Petry
Reilly - Juulsen
Ouellet - Benn
Alzner

Price
Niemi

Already 3 Doughty penalties that go uncalled. Then another interference infront of the net by a King fwd right before they call Kotkaniemi on garbage. What a joke.

14 minutes ago, nihilz said:

Already 3 Doughty penalties that go uncalled. Then another interference infront of the net by a King fwd right before they call Kotkaniemi on garbage. What a joke.

NHL 'code.' Vets who are officially certified Good Guys get away wit h murder. Rookies? They need to learn their 'place.'

11 minutes ago, DON said:

Dont know goaltending, but Price should of had that 1st shot, no?

I'm no expert either, but it would have helped if the D had handled it properly.

7 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I'm no expert either, but it would have helped if the D had handled it properly.

I think Price was thinking pass too much and should of challenged Kempe and just assume Lehkonen had the other man.

Had sucha good start to the game and were already down by two! Might be hard to get back in this game. The first goal was a precise shot. Not much Price could have done on that!

34 minutes ago, illWill said:

I don't like this TSN broadcaster whoever it is

Bryan Mudryk, the Sportscentre anchor/alternate curling PBP voice.  He's terrible at calling hockey and couldn't have gotten off to much of a worse start tonight by not knowing who was in net for the Kings.  He then had Montreal with the lead when Amadio scored and also mentioned how Mete and Juulsen have played together a lot during the regular season.  (They've played what, one partial shorthanded shift together?)  Unfortunately, he's Bartlett's replacement.

20 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Bryan Mudryk, the Sportscentre anchor/alternate curling PBP voice.  He's terrible at calling hockey and couldn't have gotten off to much of a worse start tonight by not knowing who was in net for the Kings.  He then had Montreal with the lead when Amadio scored and also mentioned how Mete and Juulsen have played together a lot during the regular season.  (They've played what, one partial shorthanded shift together?)  Unfortunately, he's Bartlett's replacement.

One senses that you are unimpressed ;)

Had to stop watching because my eyes were going buggy from the web feed. But it sounds like we've managed to get ourselves a young Bob Cole, minus the great voice and style. All of Cole's incompetence, none of his flair!

6 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

We missed too many opportunities in that first period. We need to bury the puck when we get decent chances!

I expect this will be a running complaint all season. The lack of natural talent means we will likely see a lot of blown chances. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I expect this will be a running complaint all season. The lack of natural talent means we will likely see a lot of blown chances. 

And this was the theme of the second period.  It's hard to complain too much about Montreal's performance so far tonight - they're playing well but can't beat Campbell.

12 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

And this was the theme of the second period.  It's hard to complain too much about Montreal's performance so far tonight - they're playing well but can't beat Campbell.

Can't beat...Campbell. 

Let that sink in, eh...